Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MVP Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaizoku King

06-29-2011

I had this idea while finishing a game. Wouldn't it be great if the winning team can vote who the MVP was for that game? Players from the winning team would have to vote (other than themselves) who was the MVP in their last game. MVP can be counted and included in their players profiles, so other people can see how many MVPs they achieved. MVPs could also receive bonus IP or something, or it could just be shown in their stats for glory =D.

If there is a tie in votes for MVP, then the MVP would go to the one with the better kill/death ratio.
If there is another tie, it can go to the player with the better creep kills.
If there is another tie, it can go to the player with more buildings destroyed.
If there is another tie, it can go to the player with the most gold mine
etc.

It is just a suggestion that I think would be cool, give great players more credit, and have players want to become better examples (as stated in the "Summoner's Code&quot.

Sincerely,
Kaizoku King

brahsome

06-30-2011

Hmmm I like this idea. Only thing would be what if the tie were between a carry who had say 24 kills and a ton of creep kills and a support who had 0 kills (but a bunch of assists) and very few creep kills? The carry would seem to always win that tie. Just tossing out concerns because i play soraka a lot and very rarely do i have more than 50 creep kills and have never got over 5 champ kills but always end up with 20+ assists.

WatchMeOnYouTube

Recruiter

07-01-2011

Quote:
Kaizoku King:
I had this idea while finishing a game. Wouldn't it be great if the winning team can vote who the MVP was for that game? Players from the winning team would have to vote (other than themselves) who was the MVP in their last game. MVP can be counted and included in their players profiles, so other people can see how many MVPs they achieved. MVPs could also receive bonus IP or something, or it could just be shown in their stats for glory =D.

If there is a tie in votes for MVP, then the MVP would go to the one with the better kill/death ratio.
If there is another tie, it can go to the player with the better creep kills.
If there is another tie, it can go to the player with more buildings destroyed.
If there is another tie, it can go to the player with the most gold mine
etc.

It is just a suggestion that I think would be cool, give great players more credit, and have players want to become better examples (as stated in the "Summoner's Code&quot.

Sincerely,
Kaizoku King

Some of your tie breakers don't really pan out. For instance, say there is a tie between a support and a carry, the carry wins every time, same thing for a tank and a carry. Just having the best k/d doesn't automatically make you the most influential.

Bligzar

Recruiter

07-02-2011

Would be totally cool, but i'm not totally sure about you're ties breaker. I agree with brahsome and Kurunir.

ABagOfFritos

07-03-2011

The players don't understand the game well enough to vote properly. Too many people will only think "Most kills, therefore MVP" and those who play clutch tanks and supports and actually made the game a win will be shafted.

MagusBlood

07-03-2011

Maybe it could just be automatic. Maybe just summing damage done + healing done + damage taken.

Someone who is damaging another player to zone them out, may not get the kill. Ok, so maybe automatic would be really hard to determine.

But it would be awesome.