Malphite: Trying out a odd build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zayith

06-29-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=907854
Thanks for people pointing the direction more from this thread, I'm starting to think a new direction of building Malphite.

With medicore CC comparing to other popular tanks, (with Ult, Q, exhaust and Omen's) Malphite needs to focus on damage to make a scare to the enemy team. Should I try building a Sheen and Abssyer with Omens and Boots, getting rid of my red runes for flat MR and my flat CDR runes for scaling MR? I'm using a 9/0/21 build at the moment.

SiriusBeatz

06-29-2011

Sheen is a pretty alright choice, in my experience. I don't like to get it until fairly late in the game, though, after I've got a good bit of survivability against both physical and magic damage. I don't much like Abyssal Scepter on him, though. He only has two abilities that even scale with AP, and they're both on much too long cooldowns for AP to really be of much use. Not just that, but the scaling on Q is only .6:1, which is pretty awful for something you intend to use for damage.

Conversely, his W maxes out at 40% increased AD, so if you build Sheen-->Trinity Force, and, say, Atma's Impaler after your tank items, you can actually get some pretty decent damage even after you combo someone.

Zayith

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiriusx View Post
Sheen is a pretty alright choice, in my experience. I don't like to get it until fairly late in the game, though, after I've got a good bit of survivability against both physical and magic damage. I don't much like Abyssal Scepter on him, though. He only has two abilities that even scale with AP, and they're both on much too long cooldowns for AP to really be of much use. Not just that, but the scaling on Q is only .6:1, which is pretty awful for something you intend to use for damage.

Conversely, his W maxes out at 40% increased AD, so if you build Sheen-->Trinity Force, and, say, Atma's Impaler after your tank items, you can actually get some pretty decent damage even after you combo someone.
While what you say about AP Malphite is true, I had my fun with him shown here.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4275098_n.jpg
There were many games like that.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

Malph has pretty good base values and already generates a good deal of threat. His Shard is pretty spammable too.

So personally i get a Chalice ASAP for spell spam and farming which also plugs my MR hole.

Then rush a Sunfire Cape. Great for farming and adds a lot more damage than Id get by boosting AP or melee capability. Has useful stats too for defense.

I then tank up for the rest of the game starting with party friendly Aegis followed by Negatron cloak, Glacial Shroud, Banshee, Frozen Heart.

But one might opt to take a TriForce instead to increase their threat even further.