@Riot Shaco Bugs/Mechanical Errors (NOT BUFFS)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-28-2011

Hello everyone, Haunted Eagle here. I decided to make this thread after much deliberation; there are many threads discussing Shaco's misfortunes and such, and I believe that they are mostly wrong in their approach. No offense to any of you that created such well-thought-out threads, but Shaco really does not need buffs. It is my firm belief that Shaco is very valid in games, and can actually be useful if you're very, very good with him.

Essentially what I'm saying is that this thread is NOT asking for buffs, nor will it ever do so. I don't believe he needs any buffs whatsoever, but I decided this thread was necessary.

What he DOES need though, are bug fixes. I presume you (Riot) are working on fixing his bugs, but it has indeed been a long time coming and I'm curious as to whether you are working on the bugs and issues outlined by your players. There's been very little communication between the players and Riot and this is completely understandable; I would assume the issues revolving around Shaco are obscenely complex, and I understand the silence here. I do however think that it would be really great if there was some sort of confirmation as to which bugs are being fixed and what's being done with Shaco.

My apologies for getting off track. The main purpose of this thread will be to outline all of the known bugs present in Shaco, and I will also include bugs that are mentioned around but that I haven't either personally tested or seen in video footage. This is a compilation, thus many parts of this will not be my own findings but found to be true by the community. All sources are in parentheses after each bullet point.

Deceive - Known Bugs

1) None at this time.

Deceive - Unconfirmed Bugs

1) Upon Deceiving very close to an enemy, Shaco's auto-attack animation stutters and he stands there until given further commands. (Sasori of Krieg)

Jack in the Box - Known Bugs

1) JitB's are visible until they stealth in certain bushes; these bushes are Baron, Dragon, both Wraith bushes, and the bushes at the second towers of both top and bot.(Vestic)

2) JitB's in the bushes listed above have no vision of any enemies inside of them; if an enemy is targeted outside the bush then walks into it, the boxes don't hold aggressiveness. (Vestic)

3) Active JitB's can be seen through Fog of War if an enemy is nearby. (Vestic)

4) Any enemy with stealth can see hidden JitB's, regardless of warding or oracles. (Vestic)

5) JitB's don't always fear enemies; it's as if the range of the fear and the attack don't match. (Vestic)

6) Targeting does not work beneficially at all; the AI is not programmed to be helpful to the player. Heimerdinger's turret AI is an example of helpful programming. (Vestic)

7) JitB's are the only player-placed item or spell that can be affected by skillshots and other spell damage while hidden.

Jack in the Box - Unconfirmed Bugs

1) Towers target JitB's before minions if they are nearby.

Two Shiv Poison - Known Bugs

1) None at this time.

Two Shiv Poison - Unconfirmed Bugs

1) When thrown on an enemy moving into a bush, all signs of the spell being released happen, but the enemy does not receive the effects. It essentially fails casting, as the cooldown timer resets. (Sasori of Krieg)

2) If an enemy uses Summoner Flash or a similar blink spell, Two Shiv Poison is interrupted exactly as above. (Sasori of Krieg)

Hallucinate - Known Bugs

1) None at this time.

Hallucinate - Unconfirmed Bugs

1) The clone has many tells between the real player and itself; these include items not showing on the clone, buffs not showing, and some item effects not showing. No one really knows if this is intentional or not, so I decided to place this here.

2) If Poppy uses Diplomatic Immunity on Hallucinate's clone, the original Shaco cannot damage her. (Vestic)

3) Evelynn's ultimate heals her when Hallucinate's clone dies nearby. (Vestic)

4) Towers target Hallucinate's clone before targeting minions if they are nearby.

5) On occasion, Hallucinate's clone will pause and be uncontrollable for a period of time. (SheAintCameYet)

Thank you for your very good information Vestic and Sasori of Krieg, as well as all of those that have contributed to their information.

Thank you for your time in reading this, and I hope to see some legitimate discussion (please don't discuss buffing). Feel free to add to this list in the comments, and I'll update as is necessary.

~Eagle~

Nigeltastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

Good post, I like that you didn't ask for buffs, that seperates this from a lot of other threads like this. As for the Hallucinate bugs, I think number 1 and 2 are working as intended, though 3 and 4 are seemingly bugs. As for the 2-Shiv bugs, make sure it's not a channel because I know if you interrupt some channels they kick back the cooldown but nothing happens. Overall good informative post.

Daen

Recruiter

06-28-2011

Thanks for the feedback Nigel.

~Eagle~

Lamburger

06-30-2011

This really needs to be looked into.

Daen

Recruiter

06-30-2011

I agree, Ranger. It amazes me that so many bugs have been there since his release and yet they are STILL here.

~Eagle~

Phonike

06-30-2011

One to add to Hallucinate morde can get a Children of the Grave copy from shaco's clone. This is not something I have personally tested but I have heard of it.

Tchyk

07-01-2011

Riot I heard you like bugs?

Mister Burkes

07-01-2011

Link to Vestic's video displaying many of these bugs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f3288mPRAM

Daen

Recruiter

07-01-2011

Phonike - I had that written down earlier, though thinking back on it I think that CotG is working as intended when it enslaves Hallucinate's clone. From what I understand the ghost of the clone will still have the reduced damage and health, but I'm not sure.

Burkes - Believe me I've seen it, that's part of what I referenced for this bug compilation. :P

Thanks for the input!

~Eagle~

Lord GiantR

07-04-2011

The hallucinate is intentional Riot stated they do not want players to be wondering for too long which of the Shacos is real but rather as a split second deceive.