Another Jax nerf? C'mon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

04-10-2010

Phreak said they're planning on nerfing Jax again.

He's already pretty much the only viable melee DPS character in the game.

Yes, he needed the AP ratio nerfs because he had like 3 1 per ability power skills.

He needed the intitial passive nerf because it was just too good.

But again? Jax can be shut down pretty easily by CC. Not as easily as the failtastic other melee DPS Champions, but it's a perfectly good strategy.

It seems like Jax is going to be the new Udyr or Tryndamere - buffed to godhood, then nerfed back down into a joke.

I want to have a playable melee DPS character in the game, ****it.

omnibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-10-2010

I want to punch you.

The Wiggin Boy

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Phreak said they're planning on nerfing Jax again.

He's already pretty much the only viable melee DPS character in the game.

Yes, he needed the AP ratio nerfs because he had like 3 1 per ability power skills.

He needed the intitial passive nerf because it was just too good.

But again? Jax can be shut down pretty easily by CC. Not as easily as the failtastic other melee DPS Champions, but it's a perfectly good strategy.

It seems like Jax is going to be the new Udyr or Tryndamere - buffed to godhood, then nerfed back down into a joke.

I want to have a playable melee DPS character in the game, ****it.
Only explanation I see for this is that you fell into a 10-day coma on March 31st and woke up unaware, thinking you had the best April Fool's joke ever.

Marmatag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2010

Instead of nerfing Jax, buff:
Evelynn, Tryndamere, Yi, Pantheon, etc

Zeta

04-10-2010

Um, no. I've tried attack damage Jax, and he's only barely decent.

If you end up facing off against 2 characters with good CC, you will get reamed early game.

Is AP still the only viable way to build him, even after the nerfs?

People are afraid of Jax - is there any other melee DPS Champion in the game that people are genuinely concerned about? Because I can't think of a single one.

Zeta

04-10-2010

Quote:
Evelynn, Tryndamere, Yi, Pantheon, etc
For the love of god, this.

Whenever a melee character becomes viable, people poop their pants because they just can't ranged DPS/2 shot them to death.

Melee DPS should be an actual threat.

Instead, it's only Jax that's a threat - and Tryndamere, Evelynn, Pantheon, Udyr, and Yi who are jokes.

You shouldn't need to play Twisted Treeline to be able to do something with a melee DPS Champion. Because that's how the game is right now.

Anarchy656

04-10-2010

Quote:
Um, no. I've tried attack damage Jax, and he's only barely decent.

If you end up facing off against 2 characters with good CC, you will get reamed early game.

Is AP still the only viable way to build him, even after the nerfs?

People are afraid of Jax - is there any other melee DPS Champion in the game that people are genuinely concerned about? Because I can't think of a single one.
GOOD GOD, if he faces several champions with good CC they might have a chance? He clearly need buffs.

Zeta

04-10-2010

Quote:
GOOD GOD, if he faces several champions with good CC they might have a chance? He clearly need buffs.

Sure, nerf Jax, but that will basically be the end of melee DPS in this game. That is my problem with the Jax nerfs.

They're nerfing him, but leaving all other melee DPS underpowered and worthless.

With the end result being that an entire class of characters in the game are useless.

Bye bye melee DPS, it was nice knowing you. Have fun on Twisted Treeline, the only map you'll be played on!

Anarchy656

04-10-2010

Quote:
Sure, nerf Jax, but that will basically be the end of melee DPS in this game. That is my problem with the Jax nerfs.

They're nerfing him, but leaving all other melee DPS underpowered and worthless.

With the end result being that an entire class of characters in the game are useless.

Bye bye melee DPS, it was nice knowing you. Have fun on Twisted Treeline, the only map you'll be played on!
That's the lesser of two evils. And the horror, only viable on 50% of the maps.

YummyCheese

Adjudicator

04-10-2010

Have you ever played against him on TT?

Jax is *pretty good* on SR - as you said, and if SR was the only map I would be wary of (although not totally against) nerfing him.

However, now that TT is in normal games, there is absolutely no question that Jax needs nerfing.