Support Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

longhorn1086

06-28-2011

I just hit level 20 for the first time and have no clue what runes to buy. I almost always play Janna/Sona. All the guides I find are runes for a more damaging, less supportive role. What runes would I go for if I'm going for support?

longhorn1086

06-28-2011

Cool thanks

My items are usually phil stone, boots, and heart of gold then usually Shurelya's Reverie and usually see what I need from there. Usually an Aegis or Soul Shroud or BV if I am being focused. I'm starting to use wards more along with oracles. Also, I always let my lane partner have almost all minion kills so money isn't exatcly flowing.

w3ak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

Things that help most supports:
Mp5
CDR
Health
Armor
Mr
Goldp10
AP

Most combinations of this will be helpful

Boomtrick

06-28-2011

idk about you guys but i run movement speed quints, mana per level seals and cdr blues and magic pen reds. i usually play sona and this works well with me. the movement speed quints helps keep me up with my team. mana per level seals is obvious and the cdr blues helps alot since sona and most supports need to be able to use their abilities as much as possible. i really have no explanation for the magic pen reds they are my standard ap carry runes and i feel like its fine for supports.

C0ldN00b

06-29-2011

Quints: Flat HP/Flat CDR/Gold
Flat HP - pretty standard quints for a lot of champs, supports being no exception

Flat CDR - Supports bring little utilities that scale off nearly nothing (e.g stuns, silences, knockups), or have really high base numbers that all you wanna really do is keep it available more often, with CDR.

Gold - supports won't be farming much, this and the gold mastery will give u close to a free philostone, AND you can grab a philostone in game. Pretty good workaround for the gold item nerfs

Reds: MPen, AD, AP
Magic Pen - Most supports are magic damage champs, use this for a little bit more damage, but it won't help much

AD - For early game harass by ranged supports (janna, soraka, sona), since reds dont benefit supports much anyway, so you should go for a good early game (levels 1-5)

AP - If you're not up for harassing, everything else is pretty much useless so might as well get some AP just to fill the slots, and add another 5 more hp to your heals.

Yellows: Mana regen per level, Armor
Mana regen - Supports use mana, mana regen replenishes your mana. nuff said

Armor - If you're going tanky support, this rune is great. You can absorb those annoying little physical shots if you start off with a shield.

Blues: CDR/MR
CDR - Supports need CDR, see "Quints"
MR - Not all harass will be physical, a lot of them are magical too. This will give you some mitigation early so you won't have to back off too early.