[Guide] When Pikachus and Ewoks mate....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryntius

04-10-2010

...you get Kennen!

Welcome to my personal Kennen Guide. Since playing this little Pikawok, I've had nothing bud fun all the times. Since trying this build, I've been killing more times than not killing. I hope this build helps if you were struggling with the little guy or foolishly think he is weak.

Kennen, the Heart of the Tempest

Champion type: mage, assassin
Lore:

There exists an ancient order originating in the Ionian Isles dedicated to the preservation of balance. Order, chaos, light, darkness -- all things must exist in perfect harmony for such is the way of the universe. This order is known as the Kinkou and it employs a triumvirate of shadow warriors to uphold its causes in the world. Kennen is one of these shadow warriors, entrusted with the sacred duty of Coursing the Sun - tirelessly conveying the justice of the Kinkou.
Kennen was born in Bandle City and it is said that in his first living moments he bolted first from the womb and second from the midwife who delivered him. His parents had thought that he would outgrow his boundless energy, but as he matured, his energy found no limits and was matched only by his unnerving speed. Despite his astonishing gifts, he remained unnoticed (or at least uncaught, as he was quite the prankster) until, on a dare, he ran straight up the great outer wall of the Placidium. When word of this feat reached Kinkou ears, Kennen was quickly and quietly brought for an audience. He found that the role of the Heart of the Tempest suited him, frenetically delivering both the word and the punishments of the Kinkou across the realm. He now works with his fellows Akali and Shen to enforce the balance of Valoran. This hallowed pursuit has unsurprisingly led the triumvirate to the Fields of Justice.
The Heart of the Tempest beats eternal…and those beaten remember eternally.

Abilities:

*Q*Thundering Shuriken:
Kennen throws a lightning shuriken to a target location, dealing damage and adding a Mark of the Storm debuff to the first enemy it hits.

Spell Effect
Throws a shuriken that damages the first enemy it hits for 75/110/145/180/205 (+.6 per ability power) magic damage and adds a Mark of the Storm.

*W*Electrical Surge:
Passive: Kennen's weapon becomes charged every few attacks, dealing extra damage and adding a Mark of the Storm debuff on his next attack.

Spell Effect
Passive: Every 5 attacks, Kennen deals magic damage equal to 40/50/60/70/80% of his attack damage and adds a Mark of the Storm to his target.
Active: Surges electricity through all nearby targets afflicted by Mark of the Storm, dealing 65/95/125/155/185 (+.45 per ability power) magic damage adding another mark.

Active: Kennen deals damage and adds another Mark of the Storm to all nearby enemies who currently have a Mark of the Storm debuff on them.

*E*Lightning Rush:
Kennen turns into a pulsating ball of lightning for several seconds, moving incredibly fast and gaining the ability to pass through units. Any enemy unit he touches in this form is dealt damage and receives a Mark of the Storm.

Spell Effect
Kennen moves very fast and gains the ability to pass through units, dealing 85/125/165/205/245 (+.5 per ability power) magic damage and adding a Mark of the Storm to any hostile unit he passes through.
Kennen is refunded 40 energy if he passes through an enemy while using this spell, but can only gain this effect once.. Lightning Rush deals half damage to minions.

*R*Slicing Maelstrom (ultimate):
Kennen creates a storm of shurikens and lightning around himself, summoning down a powerful energy bolt to a nearby enemy champion every half of a second, dealing damage and adding a Mark of the Storm with each strike.

Spell Effect
Summons a magical storm that deals 70/130/180 (+.3 per ability power) magic damage to a random enemy champion near Kennen every 0.5 seconds. This storm attacks up to 6/8/10 times and cannot hit the same target more than 3 times.
A Mark of the Storm is applied to enemies on the first bolt they are hit by.

**Mark of the Storm (passive):
Kennen's abilities add a Mark of the Storm debuff to enemies. Upon reaching 3 stacks of the Mark of the Storm debuff, the enemy is stunned and Kennen receives an energy boost.

Masteries:
9/21/0

Runes (I only use primaries):
Reds: Spell Pen
Yellow: Armor or Dodge Chance
Blues: MR
Quints: Health

Quick rune theory: My personal belief is that most runes serve one primary purpose, Early Game viability. In the late game the bonus's they give are minimal and usually inconsequential. Hence on each of these runes I discourage per level runes. I realize not everyone agrees with this thought process; so I only ask that if you do try my build, please give it a whack the way I have it set up at least once.

Summoner Spells: Ghost and Teleport (one might sub Ignite for teleport)

Items:

Boots + Pots
Mejai's Soul Stealer
Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads depending on the enemy
Rylia's Scepter
Zhonya's Ring
Guardian Angel
Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter (Depending if you need Magic Pen or MR)

Skill Build:

Q
W
E
W
W
R
W
E
W
E
R
E
E
Q
Q
R
Q
Q

Game play theory:

*Early Game:

Try your hardest to lane with a tank.

You are a sniper. You have your Q and soon your W. When this happens, hit until you have your charged shuriken. Then last hit minions with Q and try to hit a champ with Q.
As soon as you hit a champ, close in and auto attack then quickly hit W. Your enemy will be stunned. If you coordinate with your partner, this is a kill. If it is not, well then you can stun 'em again in a few attacks. Keep this up until you hit six. Also in between kills, farm by using E to tap every minion and W to fry them all.

*Mid Game:

If you last hit enough and got a kill or two, you can make your first trip back and pick up your Mejai's (maybe even your boots) right after you hit 6. Level 6 is where you are now no longer shooting for individual stuns, rather you want to stun the whole lot of 'em. Remember this: Ewokachus don't start fights, they finish 'em! You're fluffy and squishy, so if you start the fight you will likely die. Get your tank buddy to try to get them to commit to fighting him, then pop ghost, close the gap a bit, scream "AAAAYEEEE AAAAHHHHH" (or pop E), Pop R, and once you've touched both your targets with your 'lectric self, mash W. If done right you will have mass stunned and mass damaged your enemy. Kill the weakling, rinse and repeat.

*Late game:

Much the same has mid game, except you have most of your item now and many stacks of Mejai's. The beauty of the Pikawokachu, is that he does so much AOE that a winning team essentially guarantees you stacks. One other key thing to remember, especially in the late game, is this build is not made for hard core "I can make it on my own, I'm gonna throw for 2,000 yards!" kind of pushing. He is a mage, and as such he is minion slaughterer and team fight ender, but not tower pusher. As we all know, towers are made of rock and electricity is not effective against rock based things. Thus, stick with a buddy that has a grass or water attack, and you will be all right.

So that's my guide, hope it helps. Constructive, non-******y, criticism that is spelled and punctuated correctly welcome. Also, don't be too hard, this is only my second guide.

just call me evo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2010

why toss away Q until the end, given that it has better damage scaling and ap ratio than W? Why put W ahead of E when you're not doing AS, and it doesnt scale w ap, and E provides better damage and escape mechanics? I just wrote an AP kennen guide, and its pretty much yours... backwards =p

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-10-2010

KEN-NEN.
NEN

ITS AN E.

How can we expect this guide to be good if you don't even spell his name right?

Tryntius

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by just call me evo View Post
why toss away Q until the end, given that it has better damage scaling and ap ratio than W? Why put W ahead of E when you're not doing AS, and it doesnt scale w ap, and E provides better damage and escape mechanics? I just wrote an AP kennen guide, and its pretty much yours... backwards =p
Because the AP scales so good with Q and not as good with E, Q will be a power house attack anyway. But its only single target. The goal of this play style is to hit as many people with E as possible. The difference comes to roughly two or three hundred more in your one shot or about 200 more on your AOE. As this guide is AOE focused (as IMO is the Champ) E is the better skill to level.