Counters to Shaco on TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoloRoiD

04-10-2010

I am seriously having problems going against Shaco on TT, any ideas on how to counter him?
I would appreciate the feedback, and probably anyone else having a hard time against Shaco.

sainthero

04-10-2010

oracles and focus him in team fights. there's not much you can do though if the shaco user is pro.

Zeforus

04-10-2010

at earlier levels he has a mana problem, try to abuse that

Spectros

04-10-2010

I've seen Fiddle tear up Shaco's. Dark Wind, and then /dance.

Purutzil

04-10-2010

Really... only counter to shaco is... well... him being bad? Lol

Shaco is rediculously OP in TT. In 5v5 hes not so bad since he can be focused down but in 3v3 its a low harder. A good Shaco can burn through the towers using clone + jitb and just win games that way as well. Oracle is really your only option and someone with the ability to catch him. Chances are if thats the case though the rest of the team will likely kill you. Your best option in that case is simply have have CC and burst so hard Shaco falls apart before he can blink away.

malphismia

04-10-2010

Take away his element of surprise. Things like wards, shrooms, and nidalee's traps especially good (any stealthed units visible for 12 seconds, are you kidding me?)

Just know that if he's MIA, and you're low health, he's running towards you right now. If the other team is attacking and he's no where to be found, he's in the bush nearest to you. And if a jack-in-the-box pops up right behind you, he's about to pop out of deceive and strike you.

EDIT: Although shaco is pretty beast on TT, i saw his stack a SotO, it was GG, I actually saw with my own eyes, he 3-hit a mordekaiser, even with a full shield :P If you're ever caught alone, you're dead. If he attacks one of you, the other two must make him pay. Once he pops stealth, he has 9 seconds to be visible until he can deceive again. The other 2 must kill him before he stealths, or he'll just roll you.

unR Mohrisbetter

04-10-2010

tanks with some CC

Praedoran

04-10-2010

Shaco is either fail or win on TT. A good shaco is almost impossible to catch because of his many escape powers. He's going to have something to make his getaway with or prevent you from focusing him well.

As someone pointed out, Darkwind really screws him up, but it does so to 90% of all champions anyways because of the continuous bouncing slows. Mohris is right though, tanks like Cho'Gath and Alistar will really mess him up as long as your teammates focus on the clown as well. Shaco's very squishy but if you don't burn him down while he's vulnerable, he's gonna escape. Disable his powers, and you shut down the clown.

Ajani Vengeant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2010

I play Shaco fairly commonly, I go AP, as AD/AS are horrible for Shaco ATM IMO due to Riot not fixing his Decieve to work everytime, and the extra crit not working.

I find that Oracle's does close to nothing against Shaco, it will hurt an AD, but AP just says, oh, 7 sec CD flash. And oracle's doesnt help against an AD if he tele's right behind you and rapes your butt with his dagger.

I'm not really sure exactly what could counter him specifically if you catch them with their pants (Decieve) down then they are dead.

Draykeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2010

I main shaco so here are my 2 cents.
CC, due to his focus on damage output (need that damage be AP or AD is besides the point) he's really squishy. Early game, as previously mentioned, he has a mana problem so if he decieves in, shivs and/or JitB, he's ****ed. Late game once he gets guardian angel it's pretty much gg seeing his clone procs it every time. This goes also with banshees.

So really CC and burst him. If you don't have that then wards. On TT Ward mid and dragon. Doing that you should be set since he'll only use decieve to go over the wall and attack.