Need twisted fate help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvaAngelina

04-10-2010

I have seen many twisted fates lately and it would seem that i am lacking the ability to do anything to them. So i came here looking for some help for dealing with some of the stuff that a twisted fate does.

First and probably most annoying.

When the group fighting happens. twisted will usually wait to join in.. once all the fighting is over. whether we win the group fight or not.. twisted will port in and clean up the stragglers.

I play heimer and he ported in on me at full health once.. i cced him perfectly and fired my deathfire grasp into his face.. i dropped a turret.. everything i did right.. i got him to about 10 percent health.. he then came off stun and killed me from 100 to 0 in a second.. literally a second.. he was not fed the entire game.. in fact he had zero kills up until that point.. it was just a bit later in the game and he was really strong.

Please dont misunderstand it was not just me that was getting single target ganked. it was my entire team at one point or another. Heck he even dove on our fiddle when he was just feet away from our group setting up for his ulti... fiddle simply dropped in 1 stun..

Also he would solo push turrets.. sometimes he would follow a closebye creep wave.. other times he would just tank it..

The the final straw was when we tried to push.. he would port into our base and take our our exposed inhibitors.. and solo the turrets..

so how do you deal with the twisted fate like that..

Just to make one thing perfectly clear.. we DID NOT feed him early game at all.. he started his gankfest around level 13.. before that we held him down fine and even killed him a few times..

it just seemed like once we got to the point where the meta game changed.. and the lanes collapsed.. he would just backdoor.. and port in to solo each of our champs..

he attacks so fast he can down most of our people within his gold card.

Also.. we tried to learn from our mistakes and have a person sit back at base.. he just ported in on them and killed them.. then killed the inhib.. heck we even all tried completely abandoning the push and blue pilled to try to stop him.. we killed him but lost our push...

eventually we lost due to the fact that we had to do so much just to try to contain twisted fate.

so does any pro players out there have any tips on how to keep twisted fate from backdooring/ganking all the time.

Please though let me reinforce my point..

DONT SAY: Dont feed, Or Play better. we did not feed and i know i need to play better that is why im here asking.

Arazu

04-10-2010

stacked deck and PaC mostly deal magic damage, so getting magic resists and stacking some health can help (everyone needs some survivability, running around all squishy gets you killed)

the stun is best countered with merc treads or cleanse if youve got it

as for backdooring turrets, stacked deck and PaC no longer work on turrets, so hes gonna need some nice gear to solo tank and take down a turret, but you say he wasnt fed, so im gonna assume you let him farm up in his lane a lot

Kelin

04-10-2010

A tf cannot tank a tower and take him down unless he was near down already. When enemy has a Twisted Fate pay attention to the lanes and keep them pushed (i.e. the creeps must be halfway/near their towers instead of near your turrets). As soon as your inhibitor tower is down, you are screwed as a backdoor on that point cannot be stopped.

A tf joining in the team fight after its done to clean up means you had a 4 vs 5 fight. The weakness of TF over other ranged dps heroes is that he has a short range and is very easy killable. He should be main target and be brought down within 1 stun.

One on one he is hard, and what I do not understand is that you manage to survive a teamfight with heimerdinger with 100% hp and get TF to 10% adn get killed because no one helped you. Where was everyone?

hatsoz

04-10-2010

Being fed is not only about champion kills, it is gold and xp gain in general. If twisted fate was allowed to farm lots of money and xp and buy awesome items, then he will be a high powered physical carry with a nice stun and destiny.

Knowing that you are fighting a Twisted Fate, you should not remain isolated from your party if you are not 100% sure you can solo both twisted fate and possibly his friends. Also, I highly recommend bringing cleanse and/or purchasing a quicksilver sash if you are dying because of a single stun, since that will solve your problem immediately.

Since Twisted Fate is a physical carry, you may also want to get some hp/armor/dodge, especially if you notice that he is the one carrying his team to victory.

Arazu

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsoz View Post
Since Twisted Fate is a physical carry, you may also want to get some hp/armor/dodge, especially if you notice that he is the one carrying his team to victory.
the majority of his damage against other champs comes from PaC/stacked deck/SotD which all deal magic damage, ive looked over the stats of previous games ive had playing with him, and ive always dealt more magic than physical dmage

Kendouy

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazu View Post
the majority of his damage against other champs comes from PaC/stacked deck/SotD which all deal magic damage, ive looked over the stats of previous games ive had playing with him, and ive always dealt more magic than physical dmage
Dodge negates all of those pretty well, since he still needs to hit the cards.

Arazu

04-10-2010

dodge negates physical damage as well

if theyre dodging it, just hit SotD

also just played a practice match to see what the damage was like and i ended up doing almost twice as much magic as i did physical

just call me evo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2010

ahahahahah epic name is epic.

Kendouy

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazu View Post
dodge negates physical damage as well

if theyre dodging it, just hit SotD

also just played a practice match to see what the damage was like and i ended up doing almost twice as much magic as i did physical
Of course, stacked deck and SotD is all magic. But they still need to hit physicly