Malphite - Punching instead of tanking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

06-28-2011

Anyone got any suggestions for how to create a Bruiser Malphite rather than a Tank Malphite? I know that some people feel Malphite should be a tank, but I'm thinking of giving him a shot as a punch-punch-ohgodmyspleen character instead.

Myslead

06-28-2011

I played with an AD Malphite the other day... that guy wasn't kidding around. He ended up the game with like 290 AD...

Royan

06-28-2011

I run a hybrid malphite every once in a while and it seems to work well enough.

Sorc Shoes, RoA/Crystal Scepter, Frozen Heart, Abysmal Scepter, Shurelya's Reverie, Rabadons

I'll typically start with a regrowth pendent, build a philosophers and boots on my first return, get sorc and shurelya's, and then take go in whatever order is most appropriate for the match from there.

Edit: Just now noticed that you wanted a more AD-styled malph. Whoops. In any case, with crystal scepter, which is what I tend to get it seems, I end up with:

HP: 2729
Mana: 1436
Armor:180
MR: 110
AP:397
CDR: 35%

Redenbacher

06-28-2011

I wouldn't go straight AD, but a tanky DPS is not a bad choice at all. W actually happens to be a fantastic steroid, boosting his AD by 40%. A Youmuu's and Atma's would go a long way.

Perhaps something along the lines of BV, Youmuu's, 'serker greaves, Sunfire, Atma's Impaler.

Peckerwood Jones

06-28-2011

Tanky DPS is definitly the way to go with a sunfire and an atma's for a good boost, then build on your DPS items.

IlfirinVelca

06-28-2011

I run a hybrid malphite with soul shroud, frozen heart, randuin's, exhaust, stark's, speed boost, and w/e else. 21 in utility, w/e else. With the CD's, the aura's, and the crazy CC, I don't put out much damage, but totally keep the enemies from killing my team.

malphismia

06-28-2011

if you want to build him like a bruiser, build him like you would build Olaf.

freakigod

06-28-2011

just get a ghost blade lol. then atma after tank items

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

You have to ask yourself: Why do this?

Malph has no attack damage booster, other than his W which is so-so at best.
He has no attack speed booster either, or any other melee improvement.
He has 1 charge, but its an Ult. His slow/speedup is good for chasing admittedly.

But when you look at it, he really doesnt have the tools needed to be a good bruiser.
It is certainly possible to do adequately at it, but you are better off using a different champ to melee with. Jarvin for example is a good bruiser, as is Blitzcrank and Irelia, and many others.

mekabar

06-29-2011

Imo Malphite fits a lot better as a bruiser/offtank than a full tank. Because frankly he sucks compared to other tanks. He isnt event labeled tank iirc.