Error: Another instance of the launcher is running?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Haete Typos XD

06-28-2011

So, to start off, this problem occured shortly after having my PC shut down during a ranked game. While restarting my PC, it wouldn't let me restart it normally (without checking for any problems and fixing them). So I succumbed to the fixing of the error, which still took a while. Once I finally got that finished, I tried open LoL and i got this error message stating " Another instance of this launcher is running. Do you want to terminate it? " What confused me so much is that I had just restarted my comp and there was no way that another program of LoL could still be open. I clicked yes and it took me to the patcher. Thinking everything was dandy and fine, i clicked play sitting in anticipation of the login screen popping up. Atlast, it never did. Why?

DWI Sandman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-28-2011

When I had this very same problem, I had to reinstall it was the only fix that worked for me.

carmin3

06-28-2011

i have exact same problem and reinstalling does not work for me, someone pleasee help i wanna junglee!!

carmin3

06-28-2011

ugh i have the same problem and reinstalling does not work for me, someone pleasee help i wanna jungleee T.T

carmin3

06-28-2011

i dont know if this will fix your problem but what i did was click the gear button at the top of the screen next to minimize instead of clicking play. and i did a launcher repair then restarted my comp when the restart was complete and it works normally now

Snowallz

06-28-2011

The unexpected shut down probably caused a file to be corrupted, you can try repairing League, but if that does not work then you will have to reinstall.

Hecarim321

05-25-2012

l have the same problem

Lida SUPERMAN

08-01-2012

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????

Alexpikachu

01-13-2013

i tried reinstalling and repairing and no outcome

ULTIMATExKILLER

01-14-2013

ctrl+alt+del
start task manager
processes tab
look for any process that has something to do with league of legends
end process
no need for any shutdown or uninstalling or reparing

NOTE: didnt get the shutdown during ranked game thing so i dont if u need help with that