Does Udyr need CDR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damoklese

06-28-2011

I cant play to test this out for myself right now... but would you say that CDR is necessary on Udyr?

Im trying to figure out a good core build for a tiger stance focused Udyr. Something that has a nice chunk of AD but also plenty of durability..and fitting CDR into the build is proving difficult.

I was just curious if I would really miss it or if he can get by fine without it.

ChrisZzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

i would say udyr is not necessary

not trolling, he does everything a warwick does but worse

Hwa Ryun

06-28-2011

Core on udyr is Wriggles+Triforce if I remember correctly.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashandarei25 View Post
Core on udyr is Wriggles+Triforce if I remember correctly.
Yeah. There's no Udyr without Wriggles, that item is just too good on him. Well face it, without any CDR you won't be able to spam one stance and keep buff from your passive maxed all the time. He has low CDs, but if you want Tiger - Tiger - Tiger - monkey agility x3 - Tiger... you need CDR - quints should be enough though.

Jephery

06-28-2011

It wouldn't hurt to get a Spirit Visage against AP or a Glacial Shroud against AD for CDR on Udyr.

Terrible Yasuo

06-28-2011

Blue Buff gives enough CDR to spam any stance you want, so NO CDR, also you should be switching between pheonix and tiger or turtle tiger lategame anyway (when you dont have blue buff) so I'd say he NEVER needs CDR.

Lilshadow93

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZzz View Post
i would say udyr is not necessary

not trolling, he does everything a warwick does but worse
disagree in every notion. cdr works great on udyr bc spamming stances is necessary. and udyr is far superior to ww when it comes to jungling. besides ww ult. udyr will take the enemys down in a gank far faster than ww will. and is far better built for jungling

IvilKutyabolzov

06-29-2011

Udyr does not need cooldown reduction runes. However, if you do choose to use them, use glyphs. You need attack damage quints and marks, and armor seals to be effective. I've tested armor penetration too, flat attack damage is much much better. Beats armor pen by about twenty seconds (3.40 jungle compared to 4.00 jungle)

Destabilizator

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvilKutyabolzov View Post
Udyr does not need cooldown reduction runes. However, if you do choose to use them, use glyphs. You need attack damage quints and marks, and armor seals to be effective. I've tested armor penetration too, flat attack damage is much much better. Beats armor pen by about twenty seconds (3.40 jungle compared to 4.00 jungle)
I'm jungling with atkspd reds+quints, rest MR/lvl... Guess it's matter of preferrence

IvilKutyabolzov

06-29-2011

Keep in mind I use tiger stance standard jungle route. If you use phoenix stance then attack speed is better. I don't like phoenix stance standard/superior jungle route b/c its slower than tiger stance (but if your the tank on your team you have no choice).