Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morgana. Lane? Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rukio

Recruiter

06-28-2011

Original
Starting up the game new I've recently picked up Morgana, I've been following this Site http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/morgana-dominating-everywhere-38017 as a guide line for items, skills, masteries and ect.

Now to get all these pricey items, am I jungling? Or am I simply just racking up the minions with skill W, 20g or so at a time. If jungling, what builds/items are for her? Tips and tricks?
Besides, Q, then W beneath them.
If i'm laning, How am I doing so? Wanted to look up ranked and tournament sessions of her but I found none. Any information spared would be grateful.

Added
Reading all this was helpful. What i've learned:
Do not jungle, You are a laner.
Practice last hitting more, in the beginning do not waste your mana.

Questions:
What is CDR? answered.
What should my purchase order be?
Pool = mana or TMS
Is that guides Skill level up fine?
Is this guide better? http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1625
Flat out best items I should be getting in the: Beginning, Middle, End. Prices? answered(?)
A snowball is a weapon that increases with kills, correct? What are some for Morgana, when should they be purchased?

Blindeh

06-28-2011

As far as I know Morgana is not a capable jungler. You'll be getting money from farming minions with her pool and netting kills/assists.

Fleiska

06-28-2011

One minion wave gives over 100g. If you're getting only 20g you should practice last hitting more.

And as a general note: Jungling gives gold slower than laning.

Twister1245

06-28-2011

don't jungle, generally thats left to characters like warwick

try getting AP items, and use your W on the RANGED UNITS, as the ranged deal more damage, with less health themselves

Burbinator

06-28-2011

@fleiska: he meant a minion at a time, which are roughly worth 20 each.

Morgana lanes.

That guide isn't very good imo. To be honest, try to stay away from mobafire. Solomid.net has the best quality guides in general. Specifically they have featured guides which are written by those on the top NA teams; there aren't any for morgana, but still their quality of guides is typically higher. Teleport + ignite summoners is highly, highly questionable. Honestly EVERY champion should be running at least one escape summoner (ghost or flash) and in morgana's case I can't see a reason not to get flash when it works so well with your ultimate.

In terms of laning, just last hit as much as you can. Since you are maxing W first, you can clear minion waves easily especially the caster minions, but IMO if you are capable of simply last hitting, then do so; it's good not to push your lane too far, unless the wave is about to enter your own tower range.

I dont main morg but those guides should give you enough gameplay help i hope.

OmniOmega

06-28-2011

You'll want to lane with Morgana. Practice last hitting minions with her auto-attacks. It's pretty difficult due to the delay on her attack animation. You kind of have to estimate how much damage the minion is taking from other sources and factor that in for timing your attack.

Once you get Tormented Soil to level 3, you can just drop it on the caster minions for 3 easy farms. I try to avoid dropping it on minions before level 3 since it doesn't always ensure the kill. However, you can use this to heal yourself in lane since Morgana has passive spell vamp.

Morgana can be played as a mage, a support, or anything in between. Since her ultimate requires her to be in the thick of the fray, some survivability is a must. I typically grab a Rod of Ages on her as soon as possible and go for Mercury Treads for boots. Zhonya's is good on her too since the 5 second delay on her ult isn't a channel, this means you can activate Zhonya's without interrupting your ult.

I'd say that CDR is a must on Morgana, especially if you're good with your Q. If you're leaning towards mage, try a Morello's. Otherwise try a Frozen Heart. Other good choices include Shurelya's Revelrie (OMG RUN! RUN!) and Spirit Visage, now that they've changed it to apply on spell vamp.

Your success with Morgana depends heavily on your ability to land your Q and time your shield. There isn't much to say about this except to practice. You'll most likely be saving your shield for your carries, since they'll suffer the most from CC. I find it easiest to land my Q when the enemy is already running.

Hope this helped. Good luck .

Nargemn

06-28-2011

Just one more thing some of the above posters didn't quite point out:

Don't use your pool or other abilities to farm minions unless you're pushing a lane. Early in the game, you just want to focus on not hitting the minions until you get the opportunity to put the final strike it, ala last hitting. Mastering this will prepare you for higher levels and is key to being a good LoL player.

Kallen Kouzuki

06-28-2011

As Morgana, you REALLY want a lane. She VERY good at farming minions and has very annoying harassing abilities. I've had to lane against her before... let me tell you, it's not fun .

Rukio

Recruiter

06-28-2011

Added to #1.

BiiigBird

06-28-2011

When they talk about farming minions, they mean her "tar pits" spell that does damage over time. As long as you get the last hit on each minion you'll be making 20 g a kill. Just be sure you have some mana potions when you first start.