Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So how can I not suck with Corki?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishDoom

04-09-2010

I just gave him a try earlier today, and man did I have a bad game. He seems awfully slow, and his range (other than his rockets) isn't very good either. I kind of liked Valkyrie, but overall I just did really, really poorly. Does anyone have some tips for a newbie Corki player? I just felt like I never knew what to use when!

DXMattXD

04-09-2010

I'll bump this because I too, want to learn about Corki. I'm planning to buy him soon because he seems like a rare, fun champ.

Pinith

04-09-2010

I have personally had better experience using AP corki, but I also generally play casters. I think I sit around upper-mid ELO.

I level The grenade first, then valkyrie, and the ultimate whenever it is up. Gatling gun is last.
Items I usually rush catalyst, then go standard caster items. Some survivability is good, so rod of ages or rylais are good choices. Lich bane is great in conjunction with his rockets

During the laning phase, I focus on last hitting for gold. Whenever you can get both enemy champs or a champ with some minions, go ahead and grenade. Save valk for running away or jumping into the action if they commit to attacking your lane partner.
Max range on the grenade should be fairly far, so you should be able to consistently hit enemy ranged champs. If they are dps or have skillshots, stay near your own ranged minions so enemy auto-attacks trigger calls for help. If they are casters with aoe, stay farther away from your minions so they dont get to double dip with their skills.

When you get the ultimate, try and grab a sheen. Rocket+attack should hit pretty hard. Switch to harassing with rockets so you stay farther away and spend less mana.

In team fights, I spam rockets and grenade whenever possible, and stay in the back lines. When I think I can jump in and not explode, I jump in with valkyrie.

Hope that helps.

RobertWallaby

04-09-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/561,Stalyn's+In-Depth+Book+of+UFO+Corki+-+The+Daring+Spaceman+(Complete)

Have fun with that.

SaulOrNothing

Recruiter

04-10-2010

Positioning is very important to corki. He relies on positioning like crazy in order to be safe from harm while still being threatening. As summoner skills I suggest flash and ghost because these two skills will help you escape or close a gap extremely well.

Get a doran's shield + hp pot at start. This lets you harass much better during laning thanks to the health regen. dont worry about vampiric scepters, saphire crystals or whatever else. Buy the dorans and sell it later if you want to.

Gatling gun is amazing, if you are fighting a champ(s) and this skill is not active then you are doing it wrong.

Do not use phosphorus bombs to last hit creeps during the laning phase. you level it with the intent to harass the opponent. If they try to last hit, blind them. Constantly be looking for opportunities to nail the opponent with this, but make sure to not put yourself in a bad position when doing this.

Whenever you know a team fight is coming prepare your big missile. This will help you take a healthy chunk of health from the opponents before a fight even starts. Also, you have tons of aoe, make sure you are hitting as many opponents as you can with every attack.

Keep lizard buff on you as close to 100% of the time as you can from as early on as you can. You aren't really a jungler, and cant get the lizard too early, but getting it at about 6 isn't difficult at all. This kind of goes without saying, but it is very helpful for corki who can pop his gatling gun and keep them in it for the entire duration thanks to the slow the red rune provides. This buff makes for lots of easy ganks.

Dont use your valk as a damaging move. This is an escape move unless you are playing ap in which case it is a nuke and an escape. using this skill to approach an opponent is a great way to over commit and get yourself killed/ ganked. This is a gtfo button and you need to think of it as such.

make sure you get your aoe damage off without getting focused in the team fights. I suggest you take flash and ghost so even in the worst situations you can kite for a while and allow your team to tear the opposition apart while they try in vain to catch you.

Voidgolem

04-10-2010

Stack damage, spam rockets.

You want a trinity at some point.

xzymethx

04-10-2010

armor penetraion + e spell = attack = win

hatsoz

04-10-2010

One way is to not use corki, then you can suck with someone else instead

Nah jk

Just play safe and hang back. Spam phosphorous and missiles when applicable, save valkyrie for sure kills and escapes, possibly get cleanse/ignite to better accomplish your goals, and stack attack damage and a mix of hp, magic resist and armor depending on enemy matchup.

Kelin

04-10-2010

AP corki is nowadays like AP teemo. Cool trick but not so useful, and you set your team back playing one.

Corki is amazing AD thanks to his gattling gun (E) ability. Phospherous bomb is there for some extra damage and the miss, valkerie to escape and rockets to snipe a kill/harass. Your gattling gun scales with attack damage, you effectively increase your total damage to a quarter of max attack damage / second. This means you need to stay away from attack speed/critical strike and get attack damage first together with surivability. Black cleaver fits very good in this picture.

I go

masteries 13 / 17 with improv cleanse (I love it, personal preference). Masteries are odd and I bet almost everyone will say 21/0/9 or 21/9 but w/e you like.

Summoner spells
cleanse
exhaust

Runes
Mana regen / level on yellow and blue
armor pen on red
health on quents

I win solo mid per definition, more magic res/armor/health than anyone in solo mid and the summoner spells are great against ignite/exhaust and you can exhaust enemy. Only a good nidalee stands a chance.

Items;
Doran shield
Boots
BF
Upgraded boots
Black cleaver
w/e is needed (more damage/banshees)

The trick is a good position, activate E, kill. Spam rockets for more aoe, use Q on dps heroes, valkerie away when in bad position.

Its much like a twitch, you'll feed when opening from bad position and too early, you rock when you get there on the right time on right position. Use exhaust on jax that will jump on you, use your Q on ashe and just fire away on ashe and make k33ls.

Sad part about this story is that you need a decent tank, and some health in front of you. If you suck look at your team compo, a shaco/ezreal/kassadin line up (all 3 heroes that stay as far as possible and don't take any hits) + 1 tank will mean certain death. A jax/allistar/fiddle combo + you is certain rape not even funny. (Jax/allsitar/fiddle is rape in any combo but nvm that).

CTHDRL

04-10-2010

Quote:
Kelin:
AP corki is nowadays like AP teemo. Cool trick but not so useful, and you set your team back playing one.

Corki is amazing AD thanks to his gattling gun (E) ability. Phospherous bomb is there for some extra damage and the miss, valkerie to escape and rockets to snipe a kill/harass. Your gattling gun scales with attack damage, you effectively increase your total damage to a quarter of max attack damage / second. This means you need to stay away from attack speed/critical strike and get attack damage first together with surivability. Black cleaver fits very good in this picture.

I go

masteries 13 / 17 with improv cleanse (I love it, personal preference). Masteries are odd and I bet almost everyone will say 21/0/9 or 21/9 but w/e you like.

Summoner spells
cleanse
exhaust

Runes
Mana regen / level on yellow and blue
armor pen on red
health on quents

I win solo mid per definition, more magic res/armor/health than anyone in solo mid and the summoner spells are great against ignite/exhaust and you can exhaust enemy. Only a good nidalee stands a chance.

Items;
Doran shield
Boots
BF
Upgraded boots
Black cleaver
w/e is needed (more damage/banshees)

The trick is a good position, activate E, kill. Spam rockets for more aoe, use Q on dps heroes, valkerie away when in bad position.

Its much like a twitch, you'll feed when opening from bad position and too early, you rock when you get there on the right time on right position. Use exhaust on jax that will jump on you, use your Q on ashe and just fire away on ashe and make k33ls.

Sad part about this story is that you need a decent tank, and some health in front of you. If you suck look at your team compo, a shaco/ezreal/kassadin line up (all 3 heroes that stay as far as possible and don't take any hits) + 1 tank will mean certain death. A jax/allistar/fiddle combo + you is certain rape not even funny. (Jax/allsitar/fiddle is rape in any combo but nvm that).

Someone not stupid has posted.

Listen to them.