[Guide] Hybrid Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KT Sunstrider

04-09-2010

Hybrid Ezreal: The Best of Both Worlds

Why would you want to be a hybrid Ezreal?

A hybrid build allows you to make use of all your skills, support your allies, pick off enemies with your ult, farm, and more damage than pure AD or AP builds. At a certain point you must choose AD or AP simply because there are not enough hybrid items, but for a large part of the game you are a hybrid.

Pros:

• Make use of all your skills
  • Great DPS
  • Good burst
  • Good Support
  • Good farming/pushing ability
  • Not easily countered
  • Flexible

Cons:
  • Squishy
  • Uses a lot of mana
  • Slightly below average early game
Skill Priority:

R>Q>W>E
By level 4 you want to at least have 1 point in Q, W, and E.

Masteries: 9/0/21

Eleven points in utility are almost a must for this build, as you will not be getting very much mana regen without it, after that fill offensive for the magic pen and then fill out the rest of utility.
The Offense tree won’t do as much for you past the magic pen as the Utility tree will, unless you rune for mana regen.

Runes:
These are very flexible, but here is what I recommend.

Red: AS, Armor Pen, or Magic Pen
Blue: CDR or Magic Resist
Yellow: Health Per level, Mana Regen, Dodge, or Defence
Purple: Health, Dodge, or MS

Spells:
Ignite/Flash is usually the way to go. They allow you to get kills without going out of your way, or double flash out of bad situations.
Teleport and Exaust are also good choices that you can swap in with those.

Item Build:

If Solo Mid: Start with Doran’s Blade and a potion (depends on who you think you’re up against)
If Top or Bot: Start with either a Meki Pendant and 2 health potions or Beads and Faerie Charm with a health potion if you plan on getting Tiamat.

Your next trip to the fountain you will want to get boots, upgrade them to Boots of Swiftness or Mercury Treads if they have a lot of disables. If you feel confident that you will not need the MS from upgrading boots, then get a Pickaxe. When you get enough gold, pick up Guinsoo’s Rageblade.

Next you need to make a Sheen and upgrade it to Trinity Force, or Lich Bane (usually only when they are stacking armor or you have no casters) depending on what you want to take priority over.

If you took Trinity Force, choose from:
Tiamat(s) (recommended)
Bloodthirster(s)
Brutalizer
Last Whisper
Sword of Occult (if you’re getting a lot of kills and manage to get core items very early)

If you chose Lichbane:
Frozen Mallet
Voidstaff
Zhonya’s Ring
Deathfire Grasp
Archangel’s Staff
Rod of Ages (if you can get it early)
Nashor’s Tooth (if you didn’t get CDR runes)

Conditional Items:
Banshee’s Veil
Quicksilver Sash

Early Game:
If you are solo mid, you will want to keep a safe distance between you and the enemy. Punish them with mystic shot whenever they leave their creeps. Last hit as much as you can so you can get an early Rageblade, use Mystic Shot to help you with this, but make sure you have mana at all times for Arcane Shift.

If you are at bottom or top, you should only be aggressive if your lane partner is, or when your enemies are away from thier creeps. Heal him when you need to. You will want to last hit as much as possible.

Mid Game:
You should be either pushing a lane (when it’s safe), or helping your allies gank. You are now able to nuke the enemy team with Essence Flux followed by your ult. (don’t waste your ult like this unless you can hit 3+ champs) Make sure you position yourself well, because you are still squishy, Arcane shift will help with this.

Late Game:
At this point in the game you should almost always be with your team to support them, while dealing as much damage as you can. Use your ult to clear other lanes if creeps start building up and your team is busy pushing another lane.

Uses Trueshot Barrage:

Your ult has many uses, but here I will list the general priority of when to use it and why.

1. Nuking - When combined with Essence Flux, with will deal a very large amount of burst damage when you have 8 stacks on your Rageblade built up, this also guarantees that your ult will not be wasted. Only do this when you can hit 3+ enemies.

2. Picking off Enemies – If you know that someone is low health and you have a good shot. This is very risky, because if you miss your ult is completely wasted. Most opponents will expect this and take strange paths just to dodge it.

3. Clearing Creeps – This should be at the bottom of your priority list, so only use this when you have to push a lane and spam Mystic Shot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading my guide, I hope this build works for you as well as it has for me. Also, go easy on me, it’s my first guide.

Feedback and tips on how to improve this guide are appreciated.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KT Sunstrider

04-10-2010

Bump