Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some help with rune choices for supportive classes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khosh

04-09-2010

Hey there, and thanks for taking the time to pay attention to this thread.

I started LoL a few week's ago, and mainly play supportive classes, and so Janna has been my main champion for a while.

However, I can't decide what runes to go for, I could stare on runes for like 30minutes without making up my mind due to different theories.

So I decided to turn to the forums for some advice. I mainly play support with Janna, I pretty much enjoy playing supportive classes at most. (Even though you don't find many to support very often, heh)

Back to subject. ;| Any experienced people with supportive classes that could give some advice for what runes to go after?

Thanks in advance - Khosh.

Carados

04-09-2010

Most people don't play Janna supportive, just warning you.

A good all around runebook for casters is:

Red: Spell Pen (Armor Pen if you like to auto attack)

Yellow: Dodge or Flat HP.

Blue: Cooldown Reduction or AP or MP5.

Quints: Flat Health or XP.

Gatsumon

04-10-2010

By saying that Janna is your main champ, I'm going to assume you realized her awesomeness, unlike most people. Screw the haters, Janna was awesome prior to the buff. You just have to actually think when playing her.

My Rune Build for her:

Marks: AP/5
Seals: Mana Regen/5
Glyphs: AP/5
Quints: Gold increase

Probably not the most optimal set for her, but it works wonders with how I play her.

Kelin

04-10-2010

Quote:
Gatsumon:
By saying that Janna is your main champ, I'm going to assume you realized her awesomeness, unlike most people. Screw the haters, Janna was awesome prior to the buff. You just have to actually think when playing her.

My Rune Build for her:

Marks: AP/5
Seals: Mana Regen/5
Glyphs: AP/5
Quints: Gold increase

Probably not the most optimal set for her, but it works wonders with how I play her.

Gold increase is about the worst you get, please stay away from it.

If you just started out I suggest you build basic rune setups so you can try heroes at will and see what is fun and good.

Best basic rune setup:

Quints: Flat health (grants 90 HP @ start)
Marks (red): Magic penetration and a second set of armor penetration (best of marks, without question)
Yellow: Health/level or dodge
Blue: Cooldown (flat)

These work wonders for all heroes and should be gathered first. Believe me, if you have these you can play any hero good.

After these initial runes you can think about a different game plan that works for you. Mana regen runes on yellow and blue are amazing or armor/magic res on blue and yellow.

Bottomline is: Get these runes, works well on janna and many others.

Also, if you just started out: Only buy lvl 1 runes and lvl 3, don't buy lvl 2 runes. If you havent hit lvl 20 buy lvl 1 after that only buy lvl 3. Saves a lot of IP.

Khosh

04-10-2010

Yeah, I'm quite aware of people not playing Janna as a supportive class, however. I believe that that's what she is. Unless you try to pump an insane ammount of ability power on her or something.. Then again, she only have 2 direct spells which even are crowd controlling spells.

I mainly use them to get people of my team, escape mechanics, or to help my team bring on the other team by knocking them away, at the same time healing my team, and as they re-enter Moonsoon, they pretty much get slowed by a 40% by then, luckily one or two champ's in the opponant team is dead, and you can start harrasing them with Howling Gale, and slowing them with Zephyr.

As for the rune advices I'm getting, it's very helpful that people state their opinions, and why they'd go for those runes. It's very appreciated, and I thank ya'll.

I like the sound of the survival runes build, basically because. I don't play supportive classes to be the number 1 on the killing list, but in order to make people go after me, and support teammates who are trying to go in for a kill. Also, Janna's very fragile, but I always play with Cleanse so it helps tons, and her spells can make wonders as escaping tools.

I'm sure that the people that play her is aware of that. :>

Once again, thanks folks for your advices, and such, and yeah I'm at summoner level 17 at the moment, but I'm saving points untill I've reached 20. Got like 4000 something saved so far, and it keeps increasing!