Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Ezrael, the Glass Nuke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEANGILLBERRY

05-27-2010

This guide disappoints me greatly.
Ezreal is squishy as ****, you don't need 500ap(That much is just a waste of gold) on ezreal just to kill people(and if you do you are BAD), at 300 ap he can take down a tank with burst.

1.) Rod of Ages
2.) Boots
3.) Lich Bane or Archangels staff
4.) Void staff

Those are the only items you should need to be a good ezreal, it'll give you around 200-350 ap which is all you need + the magic pen from void staff.

Crayon Puppet

05-27-2010

Quote:
Blaggo:
I am kind of a new Ezreal player, but I have some experience in playing caster/nuke champions. I really like your guide, it's complete and full of good information and good tips. One think I disagree with is the picks. I'm not really a fan of getting lucky picks on any champion. I'd prefer to get other more valuable items as fast as possible(Rylai's, Lich bane, ect) The picks will increase your gold flow, but will handicap you for a while because you've spent all your money on picks, rather than more expensive items.. But overall, this is a really good guide.

I play a ton of Ezreal and i've had games where my farm is bad, but 90% of my games I'ld say I farm atleast two big AP items that cost more than 3k and good AP,, and I have second highest creep kills by end game(AP Exreals farming tends to taper off as autoattacking becomes more effiecient farming for the dpsers). Now I haven't tried 3picks, and I will simply because I can farm them fast, but I know exactly what u mean by the glass cannon ezzy being super effective, assuming u have a good team who scouts and protects their squishy casters, but here's wat I get and in this order, Soulstealer, and boots(these are circumstantial but sorcs are best for magi pen), lichbane, Zonyas, Voidstaff, circumstantial item/elixers. I actually go Q over W with one in E prioritize ult and Max W by lv 13 E gets maxed at 18. People will probably ask why lich bane first and its simple, if ur not getting hp/ap items and u are truely going for damage output. Lich Bane gives ezreal the best scaleling for all of his spells 80AP and Q now scales 1:1 with ur AP, You didn't plan on hp in the first place if ur going ot be squishy u need mobility and zonyas gives decent movespeed. Half way through building lich(sheen and a blasting wand) u should have soulstealer built and have atleast 5 stacks, thats 60ap from soulstealer 40 from a blasting wand, 25from sheen, giving 125ap and I can complete the lichbane soulstealers and boots of choice in 25minutes + or minus 2minutes, and be on my way to making a zonyas/voidstaff/or rylais though i haven't made that directly after a lichbane if i get lichbane first i'm usaully not taking hp items. 3kages takes 25minutes to pay for them selves, but 2ks easy to farm early game as an ez, and 75aps ot too bad either if u get it early enough, Soi'll probably try it and go soulstealer rylais zonyas

Crayon Puppet

05-27-2010

Quote:
DylanGilbert:
This guide disappoints me greatly.
Ezreal is squishy as ****, you don't need 500ap(That much is just a waste of gold) on ezreal just to kill people(and if you do you are BAD), at 300 ap he can take down a tank with burst.

1.) Rod of Ages
2.) Boots
3.) Lich Bane or Archangels staff
4.) Void staff

Those are the only items you should need to be a good ezreal, it'll give you around 200-350 ap which is all you need + the magic pen from void staff.

The point of this build is not to kill people, tho u will get tons of kills the point is greatly tips odds of winning team fight in ur favor because u can wipe 12k of the enemy team just as a team battle is about to begin. The emphasis on this bbuild would be team play focused on ganking and map controll. Its hard to pull off in solo q because ur so squishy and you might not get the lvl of coordination u need from ur team, but with the right team in a close game you shouldn't be available to be focused. Teamm engages with u in the background you should have a general idea of where the team battle is going to take place and once it start ur ulting heroes and then joining the ranks for heal/damage and/ buff/debuff spam of your W. heroes to watch out for when u build like this are Akali and any invis dps ppl who can popup on u and kill in a short period of time but ur goal is be cautious, but frequent ganker mid game, and make sure ur landing ur ults for team battle late game, ( This build is not meant for u to ewq combo and r for single kills, obivously if the situation is right dpsers and even mages with hp items probably won't live through that, but you want your ult available to setup up your team to ace your enemies in a team fat because they are starting a battle with down 1/3 of there health or more.

Binabique

06-08-2010

How effective would a build like this, or any other AP build for ezreal be now that he has been nerfed?
cos i was saving points to buy him, and i stil want to but not so sure anymore. AD builds have become more effective now though.

Dudacus

06-08-2010

Still quite effective, though not as effective as it was. The difference isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, plus the extra damage added to Q helps immensely... even with pure AP.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-08-2010

Hey if you don't like the guide post criticism. People don't need 1000 little posts about "these iz how i play ap ez guise" It's @#$%ing stupid. As for the OP, unique and effective guide.

MrKnives

07-14-2010

Uh.. Where would you put the mana regen item if you didn't have runes?