Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Ezrael, the Glass Nuke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyArcher

04-22-2010

I've tried this build a decent amount of times and it's not too bad. Of course has it's advantages and disadvantages.

I take clarity to help with the mana regen along with Regen/per level runes. Since I don't go out of my way to stack mana, Clarity works quite well.

Pros:

If I'm having a rough start, the extra gold keeps me moving towards upgrading equipment. Even if I can't get those last minion hits or champ kills.

If I can get those minion hits and champ kills, then I hit Mejai and Zhonya's earlier than normal and can make a pretty big difference.

Cons:

Your early game suffers. You do get some AP from the picks but Mejai's gets put off longer. This morning I had 8 kills before I had my Mejai's. I kept wishing I would have rushed straight for it. Don't usually do that well early game though. I tend to play more defensive early game unless I have a good lane partner and that helps.

It's an interesting build and I've had all sorts of remarks about it. I don't quite know whether it's more effective than normal but I'm not in the upper ranks yet on levels.

Sailor Moon

04-22-2010

Quote:
GamBino826:
I'd say overall your guide is fine, but I just have one small issue.

Magic Pen and Magic Reduction is horrible together. Magic Reduction is applied AFTER Magic Pen and therefore it becomes highly inefficcient at doing so, I would most likely recommend outright magic reduction if you were going to get Void Staff.

Getting Magic Pen and Void Staff is the equivalent of getting Armor Pen runes then getting Last Whisper. Magic Pen undermines the maximal utility of Void Staff, so I'd suggest changing it.

i believe you are wrong.

its magic reduction followed by magic percent reduction, then magic penetration
boots/runes are penetration
void is percent
abyssal is reduction

reduction can put you under 0 mr
others cannot

thus in this build assuming opponent as 100 mr and you specc'ed into offensive
100-0 (you have no reduction)
100*.45 (40% from void, 15% from offensive + its additive) = 45
45-28 (boots + runes) = 17 MR on your opponent

also, your last whisper example is terrible as getting it is still a good idea.

Edit:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287)
says that
"
Q: What order is armor penetration/MR penetration applied in? (Credit to TiberiusAudley)

A: From top to bottom

Armor/MR Reduction
% Based Armor/MR Penetration
Flat/Linear Armor/MR Penetration
"

i posted this already in the thread ==; i guess nobody reads comments/ knows game mechanics

HowlingKommando

04-22-2010

Few champions are as annoying to fight against than Ezreal. He's crazy deadly in the right hands.

bl0b

Recruiter

04-22-2010

Quote:
HowlingKommando:
Few champions are as annoying to fight against than Ezreal. He's crazy deadly in the right hands.

yeah, but i think poppy, ryze, soraka and zilean (mostly zilean) are pretty annoying too

in response to the thread starter, i prefer to go mid, then rush guinsoo's and then nashor's

Pr0phetEzekiel

04-23-2010

I've adapted this build slightly to fit my playstyle, and I absolutely love it.
At first I thought your choice of gold quints + greed was weird, but since I'd never seen it, I decided to try it and dropped the 1545 IP on three quints and set up my rune page, and away I went.

Every game I've used it with I've went positive.
Every game I can farm up whatever I item I need.
Every game I've been an enormous asset to my team, dealing crazy damage while healing everyone constantly.

I usually get two-four picks + boots before 15 min, and then work on tears > archangels. I've found that around the time that I have my picks and boots, team fights happen. While I can stay in one, providing suport and damage, afterwards I have no mana for staying around, and either quickly take down the tower or base. So I make tears my priority, and just shoot q everytime its off cooldown.

Something else I tried was rushing zonyas after my picks. I had an amazing early game, and managed to have it at 20 minutes, making me have 230~ AP.

I also disagree on you maxing your e after you max out w. It's very true that you want it for escape, which is why I keep it as low mana as possible, maxing q instead. But then again, I suppose this is just a matter of preference.

You have to play extremely careful, which is fine. If the enemy gets smart and focuses you, you have to make sure you're either not there, or you've got your zonyas.

Anyways, I love this build. Thanks for your unique ideas. It's been quite an improvement over my usual ez build.

Xender

04-23-2010

Quote:
QCTrackeur:
http://img340.imageshack.us/i/ezrealstreek.jpg/

i was in that game! i was the suiciding poppy..

Tashim

05-24-2010

Quote:
wallstop:
I also disagree on you maxing your e after you max out w. It's very true that you want it for escape, which is why I keep it as low mana as possible, maxing q instead. But then again, I suppose this is just a matter of preference.

Arcane Shift (E) doesn't increase in mana cost as you level the skill, it simply increases base damage and reduces cooldown.

Feel a Fear

05-25-2010

Quote:
Tashim:
Arcane Shift (E) doesn't increase in mana cost as you level the skill, it simply increases base damage and reduces cooldown.

Indeed. The cooldown is huge until you rank it up, and it is a really good source of burst as well.

Chutzpahnaught

Recruiter

05-25-2010

I am a pretty strong fan of building like this-
doran's ring + pot
lvl 1 boots and ruby
to sheen
finish boots (sorc usually, unless merc/ninja are warranted)
to haunting guise

The early hp coupled with HP quints gives a ton of survivability and allows me to play with extreme aggression .

Zetacon

05-27-2010

I disagree with your ezreal build some what i feel its is better to go w/o the lucky pick. My build is:
Mejais soul-stealer
sorcerers boots
lich bane
rage blade
zhonyas / rylais
rylais / zhonyas