Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Ezrael, the Glass Nuke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fragglerock

Recruiter

04-20-2010

I think its funny that so many people have issue with the picks. Personally I think its the cool part about this build.

While I haven't actually tried the GP5 build, the squishy AP builds I've used a lot. My main issue with all of them is that E is almost entirely used for escape, which is a shame because it does so much damage. Sure your W and R hit really hard, but in total, how much damage do you lose by not hitting people with E because you need to save it to escape?

So I want to give this a try because I love GP5 items, but at the same time I remember how much clarity and my catalyst do for me early game. It'll be interesting to try living without them...

Gegadin

04-20-2010

I LOVE playing Ezrael and i have a pretty good record and consider myself a good EZ.

I always start with Dorans Ring and a health pot. I with Q getting last hit until i reach lvl 6. I can usually get atleast 1 kill before 6, and if not, its an easy rape @ lvl 6 for a kill. The trick is to slowly harrass them until they are about 1/2 hp then burst in with your entire spell combo + ignite.

I try to reserve porting back until i have around 1650g so i can get Catalyst and boots. Once i have catalyst i sometimes get Soulstealer but most of the time ii stack up for Zhonyas. You may ask why not finish RoA. because catalyst allows for HP/Mana and the ability to almost never have to port back unless you want to (i have runes/masteries that allow for atleast 60-70 AP just with Catalyst). Once i have my Zhonyas (around 20 minutes), i finish RoA and then build Rylais. I save Liches bane until after Rylais.

I mostly grab a very respectable score with over double kill/death ratio and **** loads of assists. His healing is monstrously usefull and can very easily win games.

Feel a Fear

04-20-2010

Quote:
Avarion:
Hi, new Ezreal player here. Definitely prefer AP over AD as it makes me more useful in 5v5s.

A few questions I have:

1. Red: Magic pen is good; but AP gives Essence Flux better healing. Which do you think is more important?

2. I rarely use Arcane Shift offensively (too risky in team fights) and don't level it pass 1 until late-game. Am I doing it wrong?

3. I prefer having a Chalice and Sheen early own. Any comments?

4. Lastly, OP, a Guilty Gear player by any chance?

1. Magic pen just helps your damage a lot, healing for 10 more won't really make much of a difference.

2. Putting more points into arcane shift is very important because it reduced the cooldown. This is good for offense AND defense. The cooldown is enormous with just one rank of it, which will make it really hard to survive and keep your distance in team fights. Also, when using it offensively instead of blinking into the middle of the mess, try and blink just close enough for the homing shot to fire off, it has decent range, and you can often get away with it if you do so carefully.

3. I would never get chalice with this build, it's more of an AD item. You will have enough mana regen from runes, and magic resist defensive, this money could go toward more damage. Sheen is a little more viable, you turn it into lichbane eventually. Still, that's money that could be going for more ap/pen. I usually don't get sheen until I am building lichbane.

4. Yea, casually, but my brother plays Baiken pretty **** good. He goes to most of the north east tournaments, and placed decently at EVO. His handle is Vyers, I think he has some stuff other people uploaded on youtube.

Feel a Fear

04-20-2010

Quote:
Zingledot:
I think its funny that so many people have issue with the picks. Personally I think its the cool part about this build.

While I haven't actually tried the GP5 build, the squishy AP builds I've used a lot. My main issue with all of them is that E is almost entirely used for escape, which is a shame because it does so much damage. Sure your W and R hit really hard, but in total, how much damage do you lose by not hitting people with E because you need to save it to escape?

So I want to give this a try because I love GP5 items, but at the same time I remember how much clarity and my catalyst do for me early game. It'll be interesting to try living without them...

I still hit people with E, in fact it gives you a ton of burst. Usually after I ult and W + w/e aoe my team has, the other team is all weak enough so that a W+E will kill. It's typically inflicted over 1,000 damage. In AD builds E is used just to close the distance or escape, in AP builds its a high source of damage to boot.

Rezialn

04-20-2010

I very much disagree that Ezreal is bad at making kills early, but it's a matter of playstyle. If you set up him to make kills, he is burst enough and good enough at chasing to make those kills. Exhaust is usually enough to kill the guy you're laning against in the middle.

Akira Kid41

04-20-2010

The first and major flaw with this build is: Your game is completely reliant on the rest of your team. Considering you dont do anything the first half of the game aside farm, your team is down one player until it turns into a team battle. The second flaw is that as 3 of his abilities are effected by AP, only two of his four have any consistent use. His R is a min c/d. Great, throw that out once a battle and hope you hit thier entire team. His E is best used defensively, so your AP might as well be wasted on that. Use it offensively and unless you have flash skill, you will die (hence glass cannon). So the only consistent damage skills at your disposal are his Q and W. And yes, while both are great in thier own respect, one clearly is better than the other. Stack AD and not only does Q benefit 100% from it, so does your passive. Stack AP and your W gets some increased heal and damage. Biggest flaw with AP is, while your spamming Q your getting more heals anyway, and the flat numbers from W is enough to be plenty effective on its own, as are the flat numbers on his R btw. Wo spend all your money on AP, and dedicate half your game to obtaining it so that you can make great abilities, slightly better. Go AD and put out twice as much damage per battle, while grabbing effect items such as, executioners calling, sword of divine, etc. to give your team the versatility it needs against unpredictable opposing teams. Yes, clearly AD is far superior to AP.

inept

04-21-2010

AD ezrael is so bad, its just a wannabe tristana with awful auto-attack range.

04-21-2010

http://img340.imageshack.us/i/ezrealstreek.jpg/
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/ezrealscore.jpg/
http://img697.imageshack.us/i/ezrealkill.jpg/

one of them buged but well u can see i did some nice game with ezreal... alway keep up a nice ratio.

I alway play him has AP

Item:
1: mejai
2: Sorc boots
3: Build Rode of age
4: Zhyonas Ring.
5: Lichbane

spell rank
1:Q (harass)
2:E (Use it to stay alive and keep ur mejai stack, cept when you know its safe and when u are sure to get a kill or assit)
3: Max W first then E and Ult when u can..

Ezreal dmg are a nice burst. but u wont kill some1 with W+E one shot. (cept if u get fed)
so u if its a 1v1 u may need ult sometime. (if they dont get afraid after W+E)
I use E has defensive spell to escape. Xcept when I am sure to domine my target. (or to chase) Ezreal ration is kinda low. so u need like 100 AP more than other mage to do the same burst. but your one can be aoe with R + W. big advantage

22Knights

04-21-2010

This is how I play AP Ez.

Runes :
RED - MP
YELLOW - Flat Mana Regen
BLUE - CD
QUINT - CD/MP

Masteries - 21 - 0 - 9

Summoner Spells: Ignite + Ghost

And this is the items i get:
1. Meki <== solve mana issue,
2. Mejai<== stacks asap!
3. Sorc Boots <== nightmare begins for the other team!
4. Meki to Nashor <=== Perfect item for EZ: CD, AP, MANA REGEN!! with this item my ult CD is 60sec even without blue buff!

By 25 mins you should have the above items.

5. Void Staff/Abyss/Rylai <==depends on the game, need survivability get rylai! otherwise go for void staff or abyss. Yet, I always go for Rylai, the slow effect is just a plus for EZ.

By 30 mins, you should have approximately 150-300AP depends how you do! And most likely you will not be able to finish the below items.

6. Zhongya Ring/Lich Bane
7. ZHongya/ Lich Bane

GamBino826

04-21-2010

I'd say overall your guide is fine, but I just have one small issue.

Magic Pen and Magic Reduction is horrible together. Magic Reduction is applied AFTER Magic Pen and therefore it becomes highly inefficcient at doing so, I would most likely recommend outright magic reduction if you were going to get Void Staff.

Getting Magic Pen and Void Staff is the equivalent of getting Armor Pen runes then getting Last Whisper. Magic Pen undermines the maximal utility of Void Staff, so I'd suggest changing it.