[Guide]Kennen - Shocktrooper, Homedawgz! (Tank/Dps-ish/Disable)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maikky

04-09-2010

Why roll Tank-Ennen you say? Because its fun and the other team will most likely go "WTF!" as most Kennen players roll AD/AS/AP. Kennen can be quite a effective Tank/Stun-locker. His skills don't just lie in standing in the back waiting for the other team to run at him with his small Hp Pool, Kennen is very flexible.

Warning This ^^^^ only works if your team is not full of 13 year olds.

Kennen, The Heart of the Tempest

(IF YOU WANT TO READ THE @@@@@@@ STORY GO TO GAME DATABASE, I'M TO LAZY TO COPY AND PASTE THIS @@@@)

but i did copy and paste the abilities............

ABILITIES:
(Passive)
Mark of the Storm - Kennen's abilities add Marks of the Storm to opponents. Upon receiving 3 Marks of Storm, an opponent is stunned and Kennen receives 25 energy

[Q]Thundering Shuriken - Kennen throws a fast moving shuriken towards a location, causing damage and adding a Mark of the Storm to any opponent that it hits.
Throws a shuriken that damages the first enemy it hits for 75/115/155/195/235 (+0.66) magic damage and adds a Mark of the Storm.
Cooldown 7/6/5/4/3 seconds Cost 65/60/55/50/45 Energy Range Global

[W]Electrical Surge - Kennen passively deals extra damage and adds a Mark of the Storm to his target every few attacks, and he can activate this ability to damage and add another Mark of the Storm to targets who are already marked.
Passive: Every 5 attacks, Kennen deals magic damage equal to 40/50/60/70/80% of his attack damage and adds a Mark of the Storm to his target.

Active: Surges electricity through all nearby targets afflicted by Mark of the Storm, dealing 65/95/125/155/185 (+0.45) magic damage and adding another mark.
Cooldown 14/12/10/8/6 seconds Cost 45/45/45/45/45 Energy Range 900

[E]Lightning Rush - Kennen morphs into a lightning form, enabling him to pass through units. Any enemy unit he runs through takes damage and gets a Mark of the Storm.

Kennen moves very fast and gains the ability to pass through units, dealing 85/125/165/205/245 (+0.55) magic damage and adding a Mark of the Storm to any hostile unit he passes through.
Kennen is refunded 40 energy if he passes through an enemy while using this spell, but can only gain this effect once. Lightning Rush deals half damage to minions.
Cooldown 10/9/8/7/6 seconds Cost 110/110/110/110/110 Energy Range 200

[R]Slicing Maelstrom - Kennen summons a storm that strikes at random nearby enemy champions for magical damage.
Summons a magical storm that deals 80/145/210 (+0.33) magic damage to a random enemy champion near Kennen every 0.5 seconds. This storm attacks up to 6/8/10 times and cannot hit the same target more than 3 times.
A Mark of the Storm is applied to enemies on the first bolt they are hit by.
Cooldown 120/120/120 seconds Cost 40/40/40 Energy Range 20

Skill Order:

1.[Q]
2.[W]
3.[W]
4.[E]
5.[W]
6.[R]
7.[W]
8.[E]
9.[W]
10.[E]
11.[R]
12.[W]
13.[E]
14.[E]
15.[Q]
16.[R]
17.[Q]
18.[Q]

Summoner Spells:
What ever fits your play style, i use heal and ghost so i can run in and wtfstunhax kids.

Runes/Masteries:

Under Con.

ITEMS:

Regrowth Pendent -> Boots -> Regrowth -> Mercury Treads -> Negatron Cloak -> Force of Nature -> Giant's Belt -> Blast Wand -> Amp. Tome -> Rylai's Crystal Scepter -> What Ever You Want As Last three.

Last of Items you should have at the End.
1.Mercury Treads
2.Force of Nature
3.Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Last 3 Items is Purely Up To You.
My Suggestions
4.Warmog's Armor
5.Sunfire Cape
6.Sunfire Cape

Game plan - Basically your job as a Shock-trooper is to run in and start the fight, stun as many hoes as you can while your team runs in be hide you all 300 style and **** to rape the faces of the other teams champs. I uselly throw a [Q] first, then [E] if [R] is ready pop that @@@@ then for fun I [W] rinse and repeat!

The main reason i made this guide is because right as i bought Kennen i remembered he isn't a tank nor was he Ezreal and was like "O **** DAWG, I ONLY PLAY TANKZ OR EZ RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" so i decided to try out a tank-like Kennen that focused kind of on stacking hp and ms so i can kamikaze on other players faces, I spent 6.3k FRAKKIN IP ON THIS CHAMP (RIOT U @@@@) AND I MIGHT AS WELL ENJOY IT.

P.S - MOTHER^^^^^^^ MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?

Please feel free to post any feedback or advice, i always want to improve on Kennen +,+

Zeforus

04-09-2010

Your Guide is really hard to read, if you want to improve the guide itself i suggest adopting a style at least.
when you're saying your item build orders saying how much each one cost and when you'll be able to get them helps a new person whose never played it like me and tell me WHY i should choose this build over some random one i create or pick recommended items.

Note: make your things specific the second i looked at your skill build i skipped it.

Maikky

04-09-2010

Sorry, first time making a Guide just rushed to get it out there. =P

Amranu

04-09-2010

If you're going mid, W is a better starting skill than Q (i haven't side laned with Kennen, but I imagine it would work good there as well)

Maikky

04-09-2010

well i usually get Q just to final hit minions.

Ęzeal

04-11-2010

Other than the style, it was a decent hp guide for kennen. No playstyle tips in it though.

Personally, I start with HP Crystal -> Leviathan (AMAZING b/c of all the assists, with 20 stacks you should survive anything but 5 man focus)
then boots -> mercury treads/ninja tabi (based on other team) or BoS if their team is terrible

Then Haunting guise= hp + ap + mpen is win

followed by Rylai's, so your abilities always slow and sometimes stun (and more good hp)

This is the core build that I usually finish games with.

Then either frozen mallet (more hp + more slow) or Guardian angel (so the stunning goodness never ends)

And finally a rageblade (b/c this item was made for kennen, and gives you some good dps when games just won't end).

If I finish the build and have a frozen mallet, I have over 4k hp ( I have HP/level seals and quints). However, I don't play him as a tank. DO NOT USE THIS TO TANK. This build ensures survival while you run in and stun the other team and keeps you from dying instantly to their carry if your tank is bad.

Remember, with HP kennen, you don't want the kills, you want the assists.
Just offering my Kenny build.

Maikky

04-11-2010

well yea...the spec i use is just for running in as fast as you can and surviving the whole fight o.o
but i'll try using levi, i totally forgot about that item +.+