smite in lane=noob?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aseryen

06-27-2011

for what reason does this make me a noob? is it because i push too hard or because if im laning with you ill get CS than solo mid?

i use smite and tele to stay in lane the entire time...seriously i only b for tele then just push and rape so whats the prob?

Ju5tinB13b3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

Smite loses a LOT of effectiveness late game whereas say, Flash, is extremely valuable throughout the whole game. Smite is essentially a way to instantly kill one creep. Or you could wait and just get the last hit on it for the same exp and gold. You have plenty of lane-staying power without smite. Flash/ghost/exhaust is more effective. It saves your butt through an escape or helps you net a kill.

tl;dr - Smite isn't necessarily bad, its just a poor choice when compared to other options

LyraOrpheo

06-27-2011

You're doing with Smite what you could do last hitting with an auto attack, also you miss out on Ignite for more damage and disable heals, Exhaust to temporally disable their carry's dmg output, two escape/chase mechanisms, etc

all just so you can get a few more CS

The only thing you're bringing by being a laner with Smite is helping secure Dragon/Baron from being stolen

FaerellG

06-27-2011

There is something to be said about high level skillshot clearing. Ever hide behind a minion because it was "blocking" Blitzcrank's grab? That Blitz does a Smite/Grab and you're wondering what happened.

It's only useful in lane of course.

LegendaryHobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

1 CS every 70 seconds is not exactly good, not to mention it loses it main use when the laning phase ends.
Other summoner spells are much more effective even in early game and late game.

tumultuoustempus

06-27-2011

As has been mentioned, you're using smite for something that you could use an autoattack for. How is this getting you more CS than it would have without it? If the answer is "I have trouble last-hitting with my autoattack," I suggest you practice, as this is one of the most important skills in the game.

There are legimate (if not great) reasons to take smite in a lane, such as clearing a "minion shield" as someone mentioned above. It's also nice if you want to run out of lane to do some brief counter jungling, or secure dragon kills in conjunction with your jungler. These are tactics for much much higher level play, though. You should definitely just focus on learning to last hit with your auto-attacks.

Noobzorus

06-27-2011

tl;dr
Ya smite in lane makes you noob

GotOwned

06-27-2011

First off, smite has a pretty large cd, u'll only use it aroudn 3 times in your lane in early game. It won't help much when u can just practice last hitting. Second of all, yes, if u smite minions u may push the minion wave up and exposing yourself to ganks. Third of all, it does not matter if u have more CS than your solo, but smite is not worth a summoner spell when u're laning

2pudge1cup

06-27-2011

yes, if you're going to get somehting so absolutely worthless for killing opponents at least get clairvoyance so your teammates who have useful spells can get kills.

TemptingPanties

06-27-2011

For the love of god get the Greed Mastery and Gold per 5 quints if you need gold. Maybe a philo stone if you still need the extra gold.

Don't waste it on a summoner spell to get gold. You can't buy Flash or Clairvoyance