Minimum level requirement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kralael

06-26-2011

At this moment, there is a minimum level required to enter the Tribunal.

Even though I agree that it takes a certain knowledge of the game to be able to judge cases, evaluate situations and be able to put things into perspective, I actually disagree that level 30 should be required.

I must admit that I'm not being partial, since I'm level 22 at the moment. But thoses levels weren't gained in PvP but in Customs and PvE.

Since the amount of XP gained caps (i.e.: -100% after 4 or 5 per day), it takes a long times to get to level 30, even though people like me might have played more games than some level 30s.

The suggestion that I would give, even though the system is in beta test, is, instead of a level requirement, a number of game requirement.

That way, you still get the ''Experience requirement'' that you want your ''Judges'' to have, so they can be well informed on how the ingame system works, but open up the beta test to other people like me who don't precisely likes (or prefer) PvP.

I'd like to ear your point of view on this. Thanks

WindWhip

06-27-2011

I'm fairly certain the level 30 requirement is not them looking for experienced players to vote, but rather to keep someone from making a ton of smurfs and voting.

Malachi Nnelg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

only issue with that, is custom games are FAR different than Normal and definitively ranked when it comes to competitiveness and skill level. For me, custom is for practice and that's it, if I wanna try a champ, I do a custom, if I wanna try a build, I do a custom. Sure you can get a good understanding of the game from custom matches, you will not get the total feel though of how people play, what it really means to have a troll on your team, etc.

Kralael

06-27-2011

I do agree with you that custom =/= to PvP, but IMHO, game wise, Player VS AI is about the same, in the low game level, to PvP.

Beaumains

06-28-2011

Kralael might be on to something; in addition to a level 30 req, they might also have a minimum normal & ranked game count, or a minimum ELO. If the last, they might not want to make it very high, given the burden that could put on people who may have other things they'd rather worry about.

Zero THM

06-28-2011

If you aren't level 30 then you can't compete in ranked.

If you haven't done ranked then you can't make a valid judgment on a ranked game.

Darmon

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
If you aren't level 30 then you can't compete in ranked.

If you haven't done ranked then you can't make a valid judgment on a ranked game.
Because no trolls ever show up in non-ranked, right?

If I thought the level 30 thing was meant to ensure skill level, I might agree with you that its a bit high of an expectation. But considering how many people are getting banned, I really dont want those same people getting their trolls to level 30 any time soon (at least before those get banned for bad behavior). So, the longer it takes to do that, the better.

CJGoomba

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWhip View Post
I'm fairly certain the level 30 requirement is not them looking for experienced players to vote, but rather to keep someone from making a ton of smurfs and voting.
Common sense ftw!

Akazom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

The level 30 requirement keeps it from turning into all out IP farming as well. If they ever make the change (i doubt they are stupid enough) to not require 30 then it will break the tribunal and game.

Falleng0d

06-28-2011

I could see them doing like lvl 20 instead of 30 or something. What would be wrong with being lvl 20 requirement? My guess is they have it at 30 so that people have a decent number of games under their belt which does give some type of experience. I dont see a problem with lowering it to like lvl 20 or 25 though. I am not sure what the point of having it at exactly 30 is.