Importance of being flexible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

04-09-2010

This is mainly for TT while this is still important in SR as well

i've seen many players play carries and get pure damage after damage after damage items while ignoring defensive items.

I play Jax and I know everyone says hes OP and that you should just get pure AP/AD items cuz it'l give him the health to make up for the lack of defensive items, and I just dont believe that at all, yes high hp is nice and allows you to soak up more damage than if you didnt have any hp items. but then as the game goes on others are getting high damage items and that just wittle your large hp pool down quickly

its very important to get some kind of armor or magic resistance item to counter your enemy's ever growing damage.

its good to have an item build and have a goal of what you want but always look at your enemies and what they have and how you can counter their strengths

as a jax player I can say that having high hp and no armor, any stunning champion can end up killing you in a team fight because once your stunned, this means you wont be dodging nor able to use your counter attack to stun them and thus you can be nuked down and die fairly easily.

getting armor/magic resistance doesnt only just reduce the amount of damage you take but it also increase the amount of time it takes to kill you, since it causes you to die slower this also means this gives you more time to regen your health with regen items or life leech more health back which also extends your life even more.

also for caster types, if you get pure damage and no regen items or have any way to regen your health, after any major battle if you do end up surviving you wont have any way to regain your lost health and become vulnarable to an enemy counter attack and wont beable to push unless you are willing to risk being killed by any respawned champion or any champion who happen to have not been in the fight and you just become easy pray for them. so always get some item to regen your health unless you have a partner who can heal you

so this thread is mainly to show how important it is to be flexible and be well rounded, always build according to your enemies and never be a 1 trick pony, adapting to battle is how you win wars

DarkenDragon

04-11-2010

/bump aww come on no one wants to reply? some feed back plz

am I crazy? am I right?

PEDO Marky

04-11-2010

Yeah, you are crazy......jk I think you have a point and you are telling pretty much the truth when you mention HP items to improve your survivability.
I also recommend Cleanse as it WILL save your ass a lot.
About regen items... I don′t think HP regen is that good because the map is small and if you grab some decent boots, you can blue pill and get back on your lane pretty quick IMO.

(insert your thoughts BELOWW!) =)

Randomyzed

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
/bump aww come on no one wants to reply? some feed back plz

am I crazy? am I right?
I like this definately dont be a one trick pony because then you are so easy to counter keep the diversity up and this includes character choices too Also the more characters you know how to play the better you'll get and you'll know other peoples tactics much more.