Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Menu Option] Dissable enemy chat.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CPLnerd

06-26-2011

- Having the option to toggle enemy chat. ( So that you personally do not view it )

You die to first blood ; Enemy who executed you says "EZ" or other negative jests.

Not everyone is guardsman bob and is not effected by this type of behavior, some of the times it will trigger vulgar banter and frustration.

~

Many people may say /ignore them or report them, but why should someone even need to be subject to taunts in the first place? Why not simply avoid it.

I'm not asking for chat to be team only of course not, just simply the ability to block out everyone on the enemy team from appearing on your own screen, with a HUD option. ( Its simply not practical to /ignore 5 people at the start of the game, then have to un-ignore them ) Something you can switch ON/OFF at your leisure.

Quote:
Axis Sunsoar:
Greeting summoners and Riot staff. Lately, I've been playing a boat load of 3v3's with some friends. We've won some, we've lost some. We've troll'd other teams, and we've been troll'd. But I had a moment of clarity in one particularly nasty game with a bunch of jerk-faces that were beating us.

Why are we able to talk to the other team?

I mean, in a good natured team versus another good natured team, We'd say "GL and HF" at the beginning, and at the end, we'd say "GG." MAYBE we could also point out how the other champions could improve. But let's not kid ourselves here. How many times have YOU had a bad game, and the other team troll'd you hard for it? How many times have YOU rofl-stomped someone, and pointed out how fail they are for sucking?

Better yet, how many times have you fed misinformation to the other team? Or had a griefer tell the other team where you were cause they're angry that you insta-locked your champion?

I keep going through it in my head, yeah, there are some pro's to having team to team chat, playful banter, helpful advice, but what it really boils down to, is the cons FAR outweigh the pros of being able to talk to the other team.

I really feel team to team chat should be disabled, so neither team can talk to each other till the post game lobby. There, if the other team want's to complain about how fail someone is, people can just leave without having to listen. OR, they can stay, and help out the person who needs some advice on the champion they didn't do so well on.

I really feel post game chat should stay the way it is. But I personally, as I'm sure MANY others agree, are tired of the constant trolls, whether they are winning or losing, they cannot do it with grace, and for me personally, it brings out the worst in me.

Quote:
(inappropriate name was here)1:
All chat during a game should be disabled.

Why?
- Nothing constructive ever comes out of all chat. All chat conversations to the other team usually only consist of the following:
* Lol. u got owned. Raped.
* Our "xxx" sucks. You guys win
* Other trolling comments
- All chat during a game only gets players angry and flaming at each other, especially when you have players on your team who gets aggravated easily
- Aggravated players drift away from the game to argue and this demotes the value of teamwork.
- Flaming can be done at the end of the game at the stat screen where players are able to leave at will.

I cant think of 1 reason why the all chat system in game is worth anything, so plz enlighten me if u can think of something.

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
Rather than that, why not ask for an option to not see enemy chat while in game?

There are plenty of times where, in civil games, I'll make light banter with the enemy after they barely get away, or complement them on a well coordinated gank. If your issue is having people that don't know how to behave civilly, that's another horse entirely.

Quote:
P3WX3:
While there are some nice people around, i've noticed thus far on both low levels and high levels that most people are quite rude indeed - especially when on opposing sides. While this may be due to the level of competition involved, it still isn't fun having to put up with it.

A possible solution : Disable cross team chatting, (aka the "ignorance is bliss" method). It will not stop teammates from griefing each other, but it will cut the taunting when winning, whining and the following swearing when losing. or give us an option to turn the chat off, because seriously i would hate to see a wall of text about people's moms while im trying to enjoy my game.. and its darned difficult to work with angry people..

Quote:
Dolphin Trainer:
Personally there should be an option to close ALL chat or TEAM chat even. When the enemy taunts my team and etc, there is nothing I can do except read it and get aggravated.

This could actually be a very great option if implemented.

Guy making fun of you for being BR?
/close ALL chat
Guy making fun of you for playing Jax?
/close ALL chat
Guy calling your entire team a scrub and talking about bacon?
/close ALL chat

Quote:
Astraluun:
I'd like to suggest an option to be able to toggle All Chat on and off while in game. It's always important to be able to communicate with your team, so Team Chat is very necessary, but sometimes I'm not interested in the trash talking going on in All Chat. (And really, what else is All Chat for besides trash talking? We could always say GG in After Game chat. :P)

Quote:
national:
I am sick and tired of the </bleep> talking that goes on in most games. it seems no one can just have a game without starting to talk smack to the other team and make the game unfriendly. I know i am guilty of this at times. But I know it happens much more than it should, too, and I would like to have a button to just ignore All chat or just Enemy all chat.

I don't want to have to ignore every single player, because that would take a lot of time and also permanently ignore them whereas I really just want to focus on the game and not a 12 year old sparring match that All Chat is in 99% of games.

Anyone else here agree?

Quote:
(inappropriate name):
I would like the option to turn of chat from the enemy team. This seems like an obvious and easy thing to incorporate I find it confusing as to why it hasn't been already. I don't want to have to /ignore everyone during a game.

Quote:
ArmedMonkey:

Make some social features:
1) Block all-chat (no reason to care about what the other team says)
2) Be able to ignore specific players with /ignore <player> command

I feel like this would be sufficient, require less resources, and make less people unhappy. Overall, it's a much more mature approach. If you don't get along with someone, ignore them.

(I posted this in the announcement, but I think it's a good enough idea to also get its own thread so all of you can post your thoughts)

Quote:
Pants Maclean:
I really don't need to listen to 13 year olds call me various slurs and insults over all chat. Ignoring them all is annoying.

So, a simple proposal: a way to disable yourself from hearing [All] chat. A simple toggle like the swear filter would work wonders.

Quote:
Netiger:
I've hardly seen good things come out of opposing teams chat in matchmaking so I think there could be an option (Maybe in Options -> Interface, I don't know) to always block all opposing team chat and mute yourself to them as well in response(that would be fair).

I think it's something useful and simple to implement, feedback would be appreciated and sorry if this was requested already but I searched the forums and all I found were 2 simple squelch requests. Thanks!

Quote:
Durendall:
I would highly enjoy it if I had an option to simply ignore the all chat, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling incredibly frustrated by the nonsense that occurs on the all chat. Although I do choose to ignore, it's still right there, and I read it unconsciously. I would really like an option to simply turn off the all chat so I don't have to see it, even turn off the chat entirely.

Quote:
Frearthandox:
I too would love this feature. There is never a time in the game where I will need to see what the other team says or what my team says to the other team. It's not like we can be like "hey, why are killing each other? let's go get pizza instead." There is nothing I need to see in all chat. Let me ignore it.

Quote:
zerfman:
I agree! all chat isnt necessary and i woudl love to be able to turn it off.

Quote:
Rygel:
For me, I'd either want this or the option to simply ignore certain players. Or is smack-talking respected as part of the experience??

Again I do not support the idea of all chat being shut OFF but the argument to be able to turn off enemy chat. (This would only affect you, and no one else)

This may also reduce the amount of harassment/offensive language reports you have to deal with =P

ALTERNATE solution. Having a /ignore feature that lasted for the games duration or something similar~

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

06-27-2011

Quote:
CPLnerd:
ALTERNATE solution. Having a /ignore feature that lasted for the games duration or something similar~

type /ignore enemy or /mute enemy

Reiver

06-27-2011

Quote:
LowPolyCount:

that puts them on your PERMANENT ignore list though
(doesn't it? I'm pretty sure it did)

Gloria Domini

Recruiter

06-27-2011

I'm pretty sure "/mute enemy" or "/ignore enemy" ignores the whole enemy team, not just one enemy, for the duration of the game.

Kurvel

06-27-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/chat_commands

/mute will mute all text from a player for the duration of your current game session.
/ignore will mute a player during this game session and all subsequent game sessions.

Using /mute is temporary...I just learned something new too.

I'd rather have a menu/interface of some kind to do this.

Sylph

Recruiter

06-27-2011

Quote:
LowPolyCount:

Hey LPC. You can't really do that all of the time, especially when the other team member's names have foreign characters or symbols.

Gumb E

Recruiter

06-27-2011

I do not need to hear anything the enemy team says. If they want me to report their ally for something, they can tell me after the game.

Roku66

06-27-2011

/ignore and /mute work just fine.

And so does /thread

Mufasa02

06-29-2011

"I am mad" button