How does one counter Twisted Fate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somohexual

06-26-2011

I absolutely hate having to play a game against TF, in my personal opinion he makes games even less fun than pre-nerf Eve did.

- High burst damage early and late game.
- Ranged stun and/or ranged AoE slow.
- One of the best gankers in the game.
- Pretty good tower-diver.
- Global reveal + teleport.
- Great harassment.
- Great farmer.
- Great pusher.
- Low CD's.

Now I'm trying very hard to not make this a QQ but I just can't seem to counter or even survive any decent TF. Mostly my concern is with laning against him mid; he can out-harass me with Wild Cards spam, out-burst me with Wild Cards + Gold Card, or just ignore me and get farmed up for a lvl6 gank. Unless TF's team is terrible or getting denied it seems difficult for him to not become fed and at that point no amount of MR will save you.

I'm not saying he's OP because he melts when focused/CC'd (then again all champs do) but his toolkit just seems ridiculous, similar to how Eve's was thought to be. Does anyone have some good tips on dealing with TF?

Thanks

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

Nocturne.

Ult when he ult's.

Pwned.

SoullessFire

06-26-2011

Wild Cards are pretty easy to dodge. If you see him coming with a gold card locked, either run or burst his face. He also has no escapes pre-6 apart from summoner spells, so getting a couple ganks on him if he's pushed is really easy too.

Maxmatical

06-26-2011

Chogath with Teleport. His wild cards will just tickle you while you nom him

ReLaTiviT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower2009 View Post
Chogath with Teleport. His wild cards will just tickle you while you nom him
Considering his ult's CD is like a third of TP's CD it won't be very effective.

Hwa Ryun

06-26-2011

Ban him.

Willmatic

06-27-2011

TF is an assassin. I like to consider myself a decent TF, so I hope my advice helps you some. TF will not kill you unless you are low on health before the engagement. Most of my kills mid are from the constant pegging of wild cards. And when I say constant, I mean like 5-7 hits with an ability that can be easily dodged. So while you are withering down, it is no surprise that TF can just wreck you when your low health screams "Gold card me, sheen me, and wild card me baby!" So if you let TF run you down over the course of a minute or two, be ready for a change of pace and a quick trip back to the shop. As for your laning buddies, they need to not be alone period and pushed half way to their tower. Bunched up if they can with a decent amount of health or around their tower which is ever better.

With TF having the advantage of leaving his lane instantly to gank, Pray he doesn't get it, and push the **** out of mid while he is gone. The quicker you down that tower, the sooner the game changes in your favor. When I started mid-ing as TF, I prided myself on pushing a tower and winning the mid war. Now, I push minions to keep my tower safe, and leave the enemy tower alone to prolong the ganking advantage while my mid opponent tries to push the wave to my tower. Once you destroy the mid tower, TF cannot account for you being in the middle lane not being a threat.

Lawrencelot

06-28-2011

-Get boots first to dodge wild cards easily. Also his wild cards are not that strong until he's about lvl5 and after when he gets some AP.
-Everyone in your team should back off and heal immediately when they have very low health. Play against TF's ult like you play against Karthus. And push when you're laning against him and he uses his ulti.
-TF is very weak early game, so even when he has a gold card (which is a 1sec stun at lvl1) you might consider just attacking him if you know you're stronger. TF doesn't want minion aggro around lvl1, it hurts him a lot.
-TF is very slow unless he chooses to get a lot of movement speed items like boots of swiftness+lich bane, or phantom dancers if he goes AD. Before he gets to that point, TF needs to play extremely safe. Try to let him use his summoner spells and then play aggressively against him. If he doesn't play extremely safe, let your team or jungler gank him.
-In a situation where it is obvious TF needs to run, like a 4-man gank on him, consider saving your stun for when he tries to teleport, because sometimes he can get away by using his ulti.
-Lategame, TF likes to push all the lanes, so see where he pushes and gank him there or be ready to push back.
-Play TF to get to know his cooldowns and range and such.

Sightoe

06-28-2011

play singed and follow tf everywhere

SeCKS Egai

06-28-2011

You did fail to mention what you're using in mid against him. The nice thing about TF is he's got a pretty strong learning curve. I have played against\with a lot more weak TFs than I have strong ones, including myself as I do play him occasionally.

Wild cards pierces through targets for its entire range, but they're pretty slow moving and not all that difficult to dodge depending on the distance between you and TF.