Teemo AP build, comments?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

for all you people wanting to play ap teemo, imo one of the most fun but slightly up champs around, heres the build i use with great success.

first item is really up to you, dorans ring, boots of speed, ability tome all work.

sorc boots/merc treads -> fiendish codex -> nashors tooth -> hunting guise is the basic build, gives you a ton of ability power, health, spell leech, cooldown, spell penetration(enough to get everyone but mr stackers down to 0), and attack speed(doesnt hurt). as long as you get the items above you should be able to dominate if you aren't terrible. with masteries this will get you 1% below hardcap, and your mushrooms will start to ruin peoples day.

ive only played one game with the new hunting guise but im pretty sure it was made for teemo.. in fact i might recommend switching it with fiendish if you want more lane stayability, combined with a mushroom in the middle of a group of mobs i bet you could get at -least- 20% health back.

any way once you get the above go with the flow of the game, if you need defense, get armor or banshees, dps you can get zhonyas.. you get the idea..

any feedback is welcome

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

I prefer rushing a Lichbane, but I haven't tried the new Haunting Guise yet.

freakigod

04-09-2010

The only way ap Teemo could be better than ad would be if the enemy team has 2 physical dps champs. Make sure to take exhaust!

Max out cdr asap, for example:

Deathfire Grasp
Sorc Boots

9/0/21 Mastery

CDR Quint/Blue
Magic Pen Red
Hp or dodge Yellow

Play hit and run in team fights, run in and dart an enemy carry, poison as many as you can and drop a mushroom (Don't run into the middle of them, place it behind yours or an ally's retreat path). The reason for having so much cdr is so you can apply the oh **** blind more often.

Attack speed and sheen have no place in an ap Teemo build. Temmo is not a carry when playing ap so all your kill gold needs to be on adding ap or magic pen so your deathfire/dart does more burst to allow your carry to take out an enemy in it's face instantly.

condon

04-09-2010

I used to rush a guise and then a majais then work up the lich bane asap for epic mushroom > attack > Blind > Attack nukeage, but I dont like guise anymore. I think I'll replace it with chalice and maybe switch the zhonyas for a void staff later if needed.

Either way, my old build was

Guise
Majais
Mobility
Lich bane
Zhonyas
Then elixer and ward spam late game, switching to sorcs boots and if required.

Now I'm tentatively using

Chalice
Majais
Sorcs
Lich bane
Void (Or, if they arent stacking AP, nashors for the CDR and AP)
Zhonyas

However I have been thinking that switching the chalice for a codex and going nashors late game regardless may be more useful. I need to run a few more games without guise to see.

Honestly, I wish they would have kept guise as is. The regen and CDR were wicked for such a cheap item. The fact that its got HP doesn't impress me, and the heal is garbage. So I get a good dart/shroom combo in, even if, say, I hit three people, it's still only ~200 life. If you die as AP teemo you die hard. The regen might save you once or twice while kiting people through the mushroom kingdom, but I just cant justify it without the early game regen. Slows down the rest of the build.

However, not a lot of people play AP teemo at all, so I'm clearly daft in general.

CodeOrange

04-11-2010

I prefer:
Guise
Sorcs
Majais
Rylai's (only if i dont get fed early game)
Lich bane
Zhonyas
With onions

Haunting guise needs to be buffed. I still get it because i find that teemo never uses mana early game due to my tendency to spec poison first on ap teemo. The magic pen and cdr is still essential. With onions.

Speaking of keeping items the same, the new haunting guise could of been a new item altogether, same for the remake of zhonyas ring. Yes.

Spectros

04-11-2010

Mercury Treads > Mushroom.

Drake Tseng

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectros View Post
Mercury Treads > Mushroom.
Not anymore. The slow is separate from the damage. Treads + Mushroom = FULL DAMAGE

lrn2readpatchnotes

orcrist

04-11-2010

i hate a.p teemoT_T

Carados

04-11-2010

You're building AP on a character with one, not spammable, nuke and an ability which requires the other team to damage themselves.