Fiddlesticks help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arghilost

04-08-2010

The reason for this post is I don't think I'm getting any better with fiddlesticks. I find that I mostly get assists, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it makes it harder to get items. Also, I've noticed my kdr's arent as good as they used to be (they're still positive). I'm hoping this is due to a higher elo. haha.

So, any level 27-30's with over 30 wins as fiddlesticks have any item/skill build suggestions?
No offense, but I see a lot of fiddlesticks opinions that come from people who don't have that many wins with fiddles or aren't even close to level 30.

item build:
sapphire, two health pots (or one mana, one health)
sorc boots
mejai's

and after this i kinda switch it up depending on how I'm doing...

if mejais stacks are:
~5-7 banshee's
~1-4 blasting wand, then bashee's

blasting wand -> void staff/abyssal scepter (depending on if the opposing team is stacking mr)

zhonya's (the game usually ends before this)

wards along the way (I've also noticed I'm usually the ones buying wards, which makes my item progression slower)

skill build:
dark wind
terrify/drain
drain/terrify
dark wind
drain
crowstorm

crowstorm > dark wind > terrify > drain

i get two in drain to get golem, but if one of them is jungling i usually get one in drain and just switch off between dark wind and terrify.

so the main points I want to address are:
1. Should I even bother getting two in drain in the beginning?
2. Should I start building zhonyas earlier and banshees later? I feel like I don't have enough AP.
3. Is fiendish codex -> deathfire grasp worth it? I rarely get it anymore
4. Fiddlesticks is not an initiator, right? Why do people expect me to initiate a team fight? (3v3,4v4,5v5)

Btw, No need to critique my rune pages. I'm poor. But I would like to know what you think the optimal rune setup for fiddlesticks is.

Oh and feel free to add me if you're interested in premades. I think premades would really step my game up.

M3MBRAN3

04-08-2010

You got the right idea with skill order but fiddle is not meant to be a nuker like Ryze / Annie. He is great in team fights for crowstrom, silences and fears but unless you get some luckly bounces you're never going to put out heaps of AP damage.

Generally speaking I go
catalyst
merc treads
roa
leviathan & mejas (optional)
bv / abyssal / another roa
bv / abyssal

with his passive + abyssal you should have enough magic pen and merc treads are just too good an item to miss out on (unless they are a team of yi's and have no stun / slow). roa/bv are both great items for almost all casters as they give almost 1000hp extra which really helps you survive. Lately I've been getting Leviathan as in a team fight you can easily get multiple stacks from a single dark wind.

Angry gorilla

04-09-2010

Well, this would be what i do on fiddle..

Spells
Max drain.
One crow
Rest Terrify

because i try to kill CHAMPS which means i focus around my drain not crow

Items.
Saphire crystal (To start) - Catalyst - RoA
Sorcerors boots
Soulstealer
Abyssal cepter
Zhonyas Or Rylais ( get both but youre choice on which first )

This build allows you to have ALOT of AP.. as in .. ALOT
also gives you about 3000 health so when you ult into their team you live and get some kills.

1. MAX drain, Keeps you alive, is a MASSIVE nuke if people stand in it, and If you have high rank fear you can half kill someone with just that spell.

2.You dont need banshees, Gives you no ap which you need, also if you ult into their team they are not going to hit you (Generally) They are going to Sprint back because of how much damage youre ult does,
ANOTHER reason not to get banshees is because It stops SPELLS right? But you cant cast SPELLS if youre sileneced. or feared. Simple.

3. No deathfire, fiendish codex is not worth it, Not on fiddle, not gonna go into detail.

4. With this build fiddle CAN be an initiator. to put it simply. because you have ALOT of health.

Hope this helps you..

Sheverash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2010

I used to run dark wind 1st but i found that i wasnt killing many people. Now i max terrify 1st so that crowstorm is a guarenteed 1 person kill. Then I get drain to like level 3-4 and then dark wind. I had a 18/0/7 game with this build.

resinator

04-10-2010

unless you are jungling, you should max fear before drain. a 3.5(?) sec fear will guarantee a kill when your buddies are around.

evanthebouncy

04-10-2010

^ what that guy says.

If you are doing arranged team where people you can trust, definitely max Q first, it's essentially a 3.5 second stun (HOLY **** WTF REALLY?!)
see? amazing...

If you're maxing dark wind for damage, you are doing it wrong.

lvl 1 darkwind for silence, that's it.

Drain is descent, you can outlast dps early game with it, you get surprising amount of kill with drain alone.

Combo when ult's up:
Crowstorm toward the edge of your cast range
Flash + Terrify + Drain
= dead hero(s)

Be quick on your fingers, you want to flash in, and select a mid-health range hero to terrify since the low hp hero would die instantly. Then proceed to drain/kill.

Combo when ult's down:
Terrify + Drain
= hero with <50% HP or dead

When pushing towers, try to squeeze in a terrify on enemy, it'll cause them sometimes to walk right out of tower range, gg!

Fiddle should not initiate. He needs full 5 seconds for his ult to come to full power. He's best in chaotic situations when enemy forgets to focus him. Again, go in when battle starts, early level you can use drain to keep yourself alive.

In teamfight:
Wait for an engagement signal (Ashe's arrow, Robot's grapple, Alistar flashing in, ect ect)
Wait abit more for a sweet spot to go in, cast ult
Flash in, walk around and use Terrify/Drain to kill the person pounding on your teammate (classic example: Jax, Yi, ect ect)

Again, terrify is BEST skill on fiddle. Always prioritize it.

Spectros

04-11-2010

I don't like playing Fiddlesticks anymore because you have to wait 10 seconds until you can do anything again... and he also relies a lot of team flanking, and positioning and such. Solo queing as him, a person can have a lot of frustration if there's no coordination.

IS186afbf367d955

04-11-2010

Drain is nice but dark wind allows you to farm very well and protect a tower against two or even 3 enemies . With that you can go top or bottom alone and be granted of two kills at lvl 6 (it works 90% of the time with an elixir)

elmins

04-11-2010

I main fiddle and what I do is:
Meki Pendant + Health pot + Mana pot
Boots and/or mejai (Depending on if I think I can grab a quick gank. Usually the mid is being pushed while they're a bit low hp after harassing before you recalled, which often means an easy kill)
Giants belt
Final boots (Possibly before giants depending on situation)
Rylais
Last items depend mainly on their team. I sometimes grab a AP potion to push hard at this point.

The main problem with this build is that is relies on mejai stacks

Skills depend on who I'm laning against, however I generally do Ult, Fear, Drain, Darkwind. Fear in general nets more kills mainly because people can run/flash away fast if they're not disabled. Against a lot of cleanse, you need straight damage which makes drain more effective.
However, fearing people without cleanse is still more likely to get you a kill than maxing drain and targeting people with cleanse.

Additionally, fear is more team oriented ensuring at least 1 kill. In team fights, if their carry is shut down for longer, you've potentially shaved off over 1/4 of their damage (assuming the carry is higher damages than the others). This is more important than netting a kill for yourself.

Optimally I find level 2 darkwind is good. 5 Bounces means that it can do potentially 3 hits on the same target but, more importantly, the chance of hitting them when they're standing next to a half wave of minions (3) is substantially higher which makes it good for harassment. Higher levels obviously help, but not as much as the first 2 levels.

I usually mid and often the goal is to get to 6 as fast as possible and gank before anyone else gets 6. Ult, fear, drain, ignite combo will very often net a kill unless they have cleanse/merc treads.

I pick flash and ignite for spells. Although the range of flash is reduced, I find it crucial to cover the small distance between where your ult is and where they are as soon as possible. Ghost sometimes means they can flash/run away for just long enough to get away or at least out of range of fear.
Flash also helps if they flash away or run a little too fast, which means you can get in range to fear asap.

IS186afbf367d955

04-11-2010

I don't like the Rylai with fiddle.. The slow effet doesn't work at all with his ulti and only kicks once with his drain. If i'd have to take it i'll take it as my last item instead of Zhonya's Ring which i get during epic games (where i usually don't need any more survivability). When i just need a little survavibility against AP/AD mixed team I take either the aegis or the guardian angel. If I need a lot survivability I usually take a banshee and a frozen heart.