Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Horrible Service....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devare

06-25-2011

So my account was recently banned ( I can probably guess why). That is not what is bothering me, It is the fact that YOUR company did not email me or communicate with me explaining why it was banned. It was a flat out ban with no explanation, no email, NOTHING. So I signed up on support.leagueoflegends.com and I am awaiting my ticket to be viewed, So I also figured, why not try here and see if I can get an explanation as well.

Thanks....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakisarak

06-25-2011

I had a situation similar to this. This is the email I got back.

Greetings from the shadows!

I'm sorry for the delay, but we're working as hard as we can to respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for being so patient!

You were found to be in violation of the Terms of Use.

We do not disclose the details concerning disciplinary actions for privacy reasons. The most common reasons for account suspensions and warnings are abusive/harassing player chat and deliberate subversion of the intended gameplay process.

If you haven't yet, please take a look at The Summoner's Code, it goes into detail about desirable and undesirable player behavior.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/articles/The_Summoners_Code

You can view the Terms of Use here:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

Below is an excerpt from the Terms of Use:

V. Code of Conduct.

While using any of the Properties, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You also agree to comply with certain additional rules that govern your use of the Properties (the "Code of Conduct&quot. The Code of Conduct is not meant to be exhaustive, and Riot Games reserves the right to modify this Code of Conduct at any time, as well as take appropriate disciplinary measures including Account termination and deletion to protect the integrity and spirit of the Properties, regardless of whether a specific behavior is listed here as prohibited. In addition to this Code of Conduct, please see the Summoner’s Code for additional guidance on exemplary game-play behavior. The following are examples of behavior that warrant disciplinary measures:

A. Impersonating any person, business, or entity, including an employee of Riot Games, or communicating in any way that makes it appear that the communication originates from Riot Games;

B. Posting identifying information about yourself, or any other user, to the Site or within the Game;

C. Harassing, stalking, or threatening any other users in the Game;

D. Removing, altering or concealing any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights notices of Riot Games contained in the Site and/or the Game. You also may not transmit content that violates or infringes the rights of others, including without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, or other proprietary rights;

E. Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including, but not limited to, language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;

F. Transmitting or facilitating the transmission of any content that contains a virus, corrupted data, trojan horse, bot keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;

G. Spamming chat, whether for personal or commercial purposes, by disrupting the flow of conversation with repeated postings of a similar nature;

H. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users;

I. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game, including, but not limited to, by "scamming" or "social engineering;”

J. Using any unauthorized third party programs, including but not limited to "mods," "hacks," "cheats," "scripts," "bots," "trainers," and automation programs, that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including, without limitation, any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information;

K. Accessing or attempting to access areas of the Game or Game servers that have not been made available to the public;

L. Selecting a Summoner name that is falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games, contains personally identifying information, infringes on the proprietary rights of third parties, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent this restriction on Summoner name choices. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to you, and may take further disciplinary measures, including Account termination, for repeated violations;

M. Logging out or exiting the Game during live game-play. Riot Games’ automated “Leaverbuster” system tracks this data overtime and issues a temporary ban when a user is determined to have left mid-game too many times. The length of the temporary ban will increase over time if a particular Account continues to leave live game play.

Best Regards,
Nicolioliolio \( ゚▽&#65439/

May-23 2011 15:23

Took about three weeks for a response.