Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sion T

06-25-2011

this situation has been going on a few days now. I posted a ticket for the support group to solve my problem, but they didn't read it yet, so I am asking you guys if you could solve my problem. For some reason, when I try to join a game, the launcher shuts down completely and it wouldn't let me play my match. Although it let me pick my champion to use and such, but when the match starts, the game shuts down and I have to turn it back on again. When I log in, it tells me to reconnect to my game. But when I try to reconnect, the my program shuts down again. Today I tried resolving my issue, but the game told me that I was banned for leaving too many games, but it was not my fault because I couldn't connect to any of them. If this keeps up, I might lose interest in League of Legends . I love this game very much but if I can't play it, I don't know what to do. Please help me!!!!!!

Iamb

06-25-2011

Support Never Helps So Just Stop Trying to Join Games for now.

n0is

06-25-2011

I checked your match history and it shows you've left 4 in a row. I can't exactly help you with the problem of your launcher closing down, although I'm not quite sure I understand it 100%. However, whenever your having a problem connecting to League of Legends, make a custom game. If you disconnect/crash on a custom game, you are not penalized.

Sion T

06-25-2011

hmmm, I tried joining a custom game, but the program still didn't let me play the match. It let me pick my champ, etc, but it wouldn't even let me into the loading screen ( the screen that shows the ping and such). When my program shuts down, it wouldn't even show a pop up that says "you are not allowed to participate in this match because of so and so". It just shuts down the game and wants me to reconnect. Should I wait until the next patch comes out before I try to solve my problem again?

n0is

06-25-2011

Quote:
LordConG:
hmmm, I tried joining a custom game, but the program still didn't let me play the match. It let me pick my champ, etc, but it wouldn't even let me into the loading screen ( the screen that shows the ping and such). When my program shuts down, it wouldn't even show a pop up that says "you are not allowed to participate in this match because of so and so". It just shuts down the game and wants me to reconnect. Should I wait until the next patch comes out before I try to solve my problem again?

What I meant about the custom games was that even thought it doesn't let you play, it won't penalize you and get you banned. I'm sorry, but I don't know what to tell you with your problem of the program shutting down. :x I'm assuming a wrenchmen or someone smarter than I will come in here and help you fix your problem. I wish you luck, and if I think of anything I'll aid you to the best of my ability.

EDIT: Did some searching, and found this.
Quote:
Kizuiro:
After Champion Select, the game crashes
1. Did you copy someone else's install? You need to reinstall LoL
2. Double check your Firewall, Ports (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20133372-port-forwarding-for-league-of-legends) and Anti-Virus settings.
3. Make sure your DirectX is fully updated.
4. Use this Microsoft Fix for DirectX
5. Did you recently use System Restore? Try this:
-Go to your League of Legends Folder (Default- C:\Riot Games\League of Legends)
-Open lol.game.version using a text editor like notepad
-Where the file reads <version>x</version>, lower the number in between the version tags by one, save the file and then start the launcher to try to re-patch.

TheRazoth

06-25-2011

Have you tried repairing your installation yet? (To do this start the launcher for LoL and click the gear icon then press the repair button)

Sion T

06-25-2011

thank you for you advice, N0is, and yes I have tried repairing my installation

Sion T

06-25-2011

o n0is, its true that i had a system restoration but I can't seem to find lol.game.version in my lol folder

apocalypse303

06-25-2011

You could try a few things, if you are comfortable with it disable windows firewall and your AV, to see if this is interfering. Try uninstalling LoL from add/remove programs and reinstalling completely fresh. Look to see if you are getting any messages on your desktop to say if the .exe was blocked.

Good luck in your games fellow summoners!

n0is

06-25-2011

Quote:
LordConG:
o n0is, its true that i had a system restoration but I can't seem to find lol.game.version in my lol folder

Well that might be your problem right there. :P