Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ramus IS OP! nerf please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tumblr Feminist

04-08-2010

Im fighting a ramus this game ok great I start 1v.s1ing him and im a kennan HOLY **** 1,000 DAMAGE FROM TREMORS! I don't know how to take a SS so I can't provide any proof He taunt then uses that and i die in like 2seconds. Riot please nerf ramus as his Ultimate is OP to the max.

IamGrimm

04-08-2010

Ramus?
Kennan?

Also, his ult don't do nearly that much damage.

Inb4 troll

Tumblr Feminist

04-08-2010

Orly go play against one and see what i mean son.

Foxpaws

04-08-2010

Ramus is a good example of a character that can really bring something to a team fight and a 1v1, but not OP. You just have to learn to play against him. Taunt is scary, but you've got to realize that it isn't instant death if you play right. His biggest advantage is you attacking him. So just go for someone else, or if you're going mid against him, let the minions do the damage. You can wear him out or leave him in the dust. He's a character that brings a different type of game, so read some guides for fighting against him.

Tumblr Feminist

04-08-2010

Quote:
Foxpaws:
Ramus is a good example of a character that can really bring something to a team fight and a 1v1, but not OP. You just have to learn to play against him. Taunt is scary, but you've got to realize that it isn't instant death if you play right. His biggest advantage is you attacking him. So just go for someone else, or if you're going mid against him, let the minions do the damage. You can wear him out or leave him in the dust. He's a character that brings a different type of game, so read some guides for fighting against him.

Ya Cause a taunt for 3-4seconds is not OP at all -_-

IamGrimm

04-08-2010

Quote:
CaptinYogurt:
Orly go play against one and see what i mean son.

I play as Rammus and I KNOW his ult doesnt do NEAR that much damage.

Foxpaws

04-08-2010

Quote:
CaptinYogurt:
Ya Cause a taunt for 3-4seconds is not OP at all -_-

It isn't. Not for a ranged or a tank. And if you can out DPS him, then it's a bad idea for him. He's a good character, I'll admit, but not that he is overpowered.

Zarifes

04-08-2010

...That's what you get for standing in the tremors? That's like letting Fiddle use a crow storm and you just run up and start melee dpsing him, then you are surprised when your dead and you say he's OP...

Flygon

04-08-2010

*runs in with a glass cannon against a tank*

*stands in the middle of the tank's ult*

*dies*

*posts a thread on the forums about that tank's OP-ness instead of considering that maybe 1v1ing a tank as a glass cannon in the middle of his ult is a bad idea*

Xocolatl

Recruiter

04-08-2010

Quote:
Grimmz:
Ramus?
Kennan?

Also, his ult don't do nearly that much damage.

Inb4 troll

Actually, it's 200DPS based damage for 8 seconds, with 2.4AP scaling throughout the entire process. So yes, it WILL do 1000 damage to you easily. Most people just never realized that it's Tremor hurting them because it's really hard to see the graphics. Couple that with Taunt and DBC, and it's going to hurt a lot. Powerball is also 300 base damage + 1AP scaling.

It's a well kept secret that Rammus is by far the tank with highest damage in this game. While he has pretty low sustained DPS, he can really wreak havoc for 10 seconds per minute. Most "glass cannons" are just not used to the fact that some tanks can actually deal huge damage, and they often die at the hands of Rammus.

This type of tank is called the damage tank--interestingly enough, Kayle is also a damage tank, except she's back-loaded while Rammus is front-loaded. Damage tanks make themselves a priority target because they are capable of dealing extremely heavy damage to a team if left alive for a long time. They usually don't have very potent CC nor utility spells, however.