Post Buff Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hwa Ryun

06-25-2011

So is he better now? Been thinking about saving up for him.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2011

I like playing him a lot and his jungle is really fast now but he's very hard countered by ashe who is everywhere.

SteelMonkey1

06-25-2011

I personally think that this buff is HUGE.
Granted, I may not have the "most" experience, but I jungle my fair share of Udyr (meaning, most games I play) and it's a big difference.
Essentially, where you may have run out of mana at level 1 or 2 before is virtually non existent thanks to the lowered costs.
This is especially nice in the jungle where Udyr needs to utilize most of his skills early game (with a much smaller mana pool, I might add, than he has later on).

Playing a bit of Lane'dyr is also more viable because you can maintain lane presence longer, and with greater ferocity than before. Want first blood? Lower mana costs means more tiger claws/bear stuns! Want to out lane the opposing team? You have more efficient use of your mana pool for stance-dancing and will push them out of the way in no time!

All in all, I consider this last patch to be pretty big for Udyr. It almost makes up for the loss of the innervating locket.

Covenant

06-25-2011

The buff is really huge for Udyr. This lets him have a much safer and more reliable jungle OR lane, which is gigantic, and it means he doesn't need a mana item as early as before--you may be able to avoid getting catalyst so soon.

So basically a stronger early game means a stronger mid and late game. He's not OP, but he's no longer such a speed-bump either. He was always great 1v1, now he's just a better 1v1 early on, which makes him harder to counter-jungle. Still not the best ganker. Overall though, good feel for him. I don't think he needs much else--he's a decent ganker with Bear+Flash.

Maybe not the best pick for an AD carry but he can do good burst with Tiger. Not sure what that means for competitive play but I bet he'd be able to keep up with some other 1v1'ers.

IanTheRed

06-25-2011

He is better now, but.... Udyr is a **** champion to begin with. So its kinda like polishing a turd.