Reinforcements, reconsiderations, retcons - oh my!

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skribbles

Associate Writer

06-24-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey all,

I wanted to give you guys the heads-up that we're quite busy over in Creative at Riot. We have a lot of things we'd like to see happen with the lore on the horizon and we are driving a couple initiatives to help make more of the lore easily accessible to you. I can't go into detail about a lot of it but I can say I'm very enthusiastic about the way things are going.

Part of this process involves taking a hard look at everything we've done and trying to make sure our story is well-developed and consistent across the board. Where we see things that are problematic or unnecessarily constraining to the lore, we've decided it's worth it to the long-term health of the intellectual property to make changes. Please bear with us, I assure you the lore is as important to us as it is to you and we won't be making any decisions lightly.

The reason I'm posting this now is that you'll see some new nomenclature in Leona's teaser comic. Specifically "Stanpar" has been renamed "Rakkor" and "Mount Gargantuan" is now "Mount Targon".

We hope you like the new names and/or can appreciate why we felt the need to change them. Thank you for your time and understanding.

- Skribbles

TotemsTea

06-24-2011

I love you.

ExpertSockThrow

06-24-2011

Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to the changes.

PenguinPaladin

06-24-2011

Teaser comic? The comics are becoming regular things now? That's awesome!

Arance

06-24-2011

If you want to get people more invested in the lore, should start putting out more comics. The JoJ is nice but ultimately and unfortunately forgettable. Pair a good short story with your artists and people will definitely take notice.

Dracorya

06-24-2011

<3 *HUGS!* We all look forward to it!

Polite Heathen

06-24-2011

Glad to see this company cares about it's lore. Kudos to you Scribbles!

larkhill

06-24-2011

o man, stuff actually happening? WOO

Rhetorical Hippo

06-24-2011

Thanks Skribbles! You've always been one of my favorite Reds! i had an interview with you over the phone about a year ago and have been your #1 fan since! <3

Jeorg

06-24-2011

+1 Always nice to read the lore, makes the game more fun and interesting in a way.

12345 ... 7