Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

constant connection issues with client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farfignugen

06-24-2011

I experience constant connection problems in the client, the game is 100% fine.

Quote:
Connection Failure: Unable to connect to pvp.net.

• I often don't get group queues
  • The client freezes during character selection sometimes not allowing me to pick a champion or select runes/masteries
  • The game fails to launch and I have to force-quit the game and reconnect
  • session closed
  • the client doesn't update IP earning/spending so I have to restart in order for it to show.
  • If i host a lobby, the queue will pop for teammates but not me

I have opened and forwarded the ports needed on my router and in Symantec.

I have completely uninstalled the game, installer, and air. Re-downloaded and reinstalled. The game worked flawlessly for 2 days then all of the problems came back.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K1NET1K

06-25-2011

you arent the only one with this problem. i used to play LoL for about 150 games and had no issues, then a few patches ago (cant remember which one) this problem started. I also have the problem during champion select screen and cant start a game like it used to, so now i choose my champion, wait for the "Game is about to start" then close LoL and reconnect to the game. The actual game runs fine, its just the launcher and pvp.net chat and store and basically anything else apart from the actual game itself.