Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Builds and Thoughts on MALPHITE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jumex

04-10-2010

I don't know, there is no "never do this"...Often I will start with 2 hearts of gold, but sometimes i go leviathan. I never start with regrowth pendant because i never buy anything it would upgrade into. I also never go mana regen because I often take the mana regen mastery and try to grab golem buff. I don't ever grab dps items because his base damage is already so great....I have an over 2:1 win ratio and k:d with malph, building him as tank. Your job is to initiate and cause havoc. Also, since you're not that tough of a tank in general, buying a gaurdian angel is great

Fishfins

04-10-2010

Glacial shroud is a great first item to work towards. CD reduction and mana for your mana issues AND armor!? what more do you want early? then a frozen heart late game is even better

hippi3

04-10-2010

I do a tank Malphite. I think he works best with health/armor. I find that alone I can take squishies, but like all good Malphite tanks, I like to initiate/turn a battle suddenly with the Ult/Slam Combo. I focus on QE taking R whenever it's available. 9/0/21 on masteries. I roll with Teleport and Cleanse.

Item Build:
1.Ruby Crystal-->6.Leviathan(after Choice of Boots and Chalice)
2.Meki-->4.Chalice
3.Boots-->5.Depends on the enemy. If there's not many snares, I actually like Magic Pen. Makes shard, slam and ult hit harder. If there's a lot of ranged Physical, I get the Tabi.

7.Mana Crystal--> 8.Glacial Shroud--> 9.Froz heart
10.Force of Nature/ Banshee's Veil--> If the Leviathan is at near max/maxed I get the FoN. If not I'll go for the Veil and sell the leviathan later for a Frozen Mallet.

This is mostly an Assists oriented build. I usually get 20+ assists and a few kills. Not too many deaths. The Regen Power of the FoN I find good late game for not having to port back at all. Most of the kills I get are mid game.

I have to be honest, I'm looking into more focused champs for added damage output for Solo queue because of the lack of damage in general with Malphite. He is a Jack of all trades and a master of none. Cept' initiating the hell out of the enemy team.

Voidgolem

04-10-2010

I rush a haunting guise, though I normally start with a doran's ring to try working around his horrible, horrible mana issues.

After that? Frozen Heart, and then either banshee's or thornmail depending on enemy team comp.
~

Stacking Tiamats is viable, if the other team clusters up - They stack with each other and passive, making you cleave for more than you actually attack for.

Lightwrks

04-10-2010

Ring
Guise
Boots
Heart
Wardens/Thorn/Banshee's

Works great!

What masteries do you guys prefer with spell pen malph? I've been running 9/21/0 with great success