Builds and Thoughts on MALPHITE.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jumex

04-10-2010

I don't know, there is no "never do this"...Often I will start with 2 hearts of gold, but sometimes i go leviathan. I never start with regrowth pendant because i never buy anything it would upgrade into. I also never go mana regen because I often take the mana regen mastery and try to grab golem buff. I don't ever grab dps items because his base damage is already so great....I have an over 2:1 win ratio and k:d with malph, building him as tank. Your job is to initiate and cause havoc. Also, since you're not that tough of a tank in general, buying a gaurdian angel is great

Fishfins

04-10-2010

Glacial shroud is a great first item to work towards. CD reduction and mana for your mana issues AND armor!? what more do you want early? then a frozen heart late game is even better

hippi3

04-10-2010

I do a tank Malphite. I think he works best with health/armor. I find that alone I can take squishies, but like all good Malphite tanks, I like to initiate/turn a battle suddenly with the Ult/Slam Combo. I focus on QE taking R whenever it's available. 9/0/21 on masteries. I roll with Teleport and Cleanse.

Item Build:
1.Ruby Crystal-->6.Leviathan(after Choice of Boots and Chalice)
2.Meki-->4.Chalice
3.Boots-->5.Depends on the enemy. If there's not many snares, I actually like Magic Pen. Makes shard, slam and ult hit harder. If there's a lot of ranged Physical, I get the Tabi.

7.Mana Crystal--> 8.Glacial Shroud--> 9.Froz heart
10.Force of Nature/ Banshee's Veil--> If the Leviathan is at near max/maxed I get the FoN. If not I'll go for the Veil and sell the leviathan later for a Frozen Mallet.

This is mostly an Assists oriented build. I usually get 20+ assists and a few kills. Not too many deaths. The Regen Power of the FoN I find good late game for not having to port back at all. Most of the kills I get are mid game.

I have to be honest, I'm looking into more focused champs for added damage output for Solo queue because of the lack of damage in general with Malphite. He is a Jack of all trades and a master of none. Cept' initiating the hell out of the enemy team.

Voidgolem

04-10-2010

I rush a haunting guise, though I normally start with a doran's ring to try working around his horrible, horrible mana issues.

After that? Frozen Heart, and then either banshee's or thornmail depending on enemy team comp.
~

Stacking Tiamats is viable, if the other team clusters up - They stack with each other and passive, making you cleave for more than you actually attack for.

Lightwrks

04-10-2010

Ring
Guise
Boots
Heart
Wardens/Thorn/Banshee's

Works great!

What masteries do you guys prefer with spell pen malph? I've been running 9/21/0 with great success