[Discussion]Nasus and the new Aegis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BamSucka

04-08-2010

I normally take Aegis every game I play with Nasus. However the item remake is making me think about alternatives...

Aegis of the Legion (Remade): Now gives +270 Health +18 Armor +24 Magic Resist and a UNIQUE Aura: +12 Armor / +15 Magic Resistance / +8 damage to nearby allied units

+270 Health UNIQUE Aura: +23 Armor / +24 Magic Resistance / +10 Damage.

With the cost reduction to Sunfire, I'm thinking it might be worth it to build out a Sunfire or Starks (if no one else has it) instead.

LiterallyAPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-08-2010

The benefit to yourself is better than it used to be, but the benefit to allies took a hit. It's still not a terrible choice.

Hyfe

04-08-2010

I thought this exact same thing when I saw the patch notes. I build Nasus Merc, Aegis, TriForce, Defense, but have always thought Sunfire synergized very well with Nasus' ult, it's just I rarely ever make it that far. With the Aegis nerf and reduced Sunfire cost I was thinking about working Sunfire in sometime earlier in the TriForce build. The only problem is Aegis is such a good early game tank item so you will lose some early game tanking ability.

Let me know if you figure anything out.

relkin

04-08-2010

The way i see it is if you are on the team to be an aura guy... so basically off tank than can rock out for dps, keep the aegis it just gives you the user more survivabilty. If you are playing more full tank than grab sunfire. I build my Nasus as kind of an aura ***** when i look at it. I usually end up grabbing aegis and starks if no one else is. I look at it like i do sheen and trinifty force. They got nerfed but they are still an essential to Nasus so i get them. Same thing with aegis

Eppa

04-08-2010

Doesn't change anything. Aegis first always.

BamSucka

04-09-2010

Well, I pretty much think the same (benefit to yourself is greater and benefit to allies is less thus making it still viable). However, it doesn't hurt to put the theory to the test. Sunfire is looking more attractive than before and can be a "viable" alternative.

The hard thing is...it's the aura that was nerfed and it isnt easy to measure the difference in effectiveness with regards to that.

I usually go:

Aegis
Sheen + boots 1
Ninja T / Merc Treads
Phage -> Triforce
Sunfire / Banshees

I think I might mix it up with

Dorans
Giants Belt + boots 1
Sheen
Boots 2
Sunfire
Aegis
Banshee / Stack Sunfire

BamSucka

04-09-2010

Admittedly....I should have tried this yesterday but was too busy getting stomped using Kennen.

I have no idea why but my record Nasus, Veigar and Nidalee are really good (I don't lose with Nasus), but I cannot play anyone else well....

YellowSnowsicle

04-09-2010

The normal aegis -> merc -> trinity still seems to be working fine.

roninsm

04-10-2010

The nerf changes nothing. Still a great item.

Hyfe

04-10-2010

Now that I think about aegis ia an even more attracyive choice for pub Nasus bc it benefits you greater, and that's all that matters in a pub right?