Pantheon Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Babs

04-08-2010

Keep going with those videos.
This one is for everyone who thinks Pantheon is a useless dps champion.
I don't build him like that when I play, but it's a good build.

LiterallyAPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-08-2010

How come you take Last Whisper instead of going for some other damage item? Isn't last whisper a little situational (only really comes into its own once the enemy crosses some threshold of armor stacked)?

technoleonine

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
Phreak, I love your videos...but you dropped below 50 hp like five separate times that match. I don't really feel like the video was accurately representative of Pantheon on the whole.

Throw Jax, Yi, Warwick, or Tyrndamere against Pantheon and see how things turn out. Sadly, for a Spartan...he's rather weak when facing physical champs.
I wouldn't say that. Pantheon is generally not played as much as his potential by most players. The common build that i see with him is more of a glass cannon, which gives high damage burst but is poor on survivability.

I build him - Doran's blade + mana potion, Berserker Boots, Last Whisper, Frozen Mallet and then start stacking damage, mostly I grab a Bloodthirster, but for most part my games finish at this point.
I know i am missing out on the damage part with this build, but it gives me much more surviving power and deals out good amounts of damage (if not insane). The rest I cover up mostly with a well timed Aegis of Zeona strike and Heartseeker right after it. After that spam a few spears with auto-attacks and I can fight with any ranged or melee champ. (Even mages like Ryze, mainly because even after he casts snare I can cast Aegis of Zeona, close the gap, and kill him before the stun wears off).

To answer your remark that he doesn't stack up well against other physical champs, this build allows me to regenerate my Aegis faster, blocking most of the opponents attacks, and stand toe-toe with anyone in the game.
And, for Jax i just substitute my Last Whisper for Sword of the Divine and a brutalizer if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuru Pandachi View Post
How come you take Last Whisper instead of going for some other damage item? Isn't last whisper a little situational (only really comes into its own once the enemy crosses some threshold of armor stacked)?
Last whisper is a really great item, even if the enemy is not stacking up armor as it penetrates 40% of whatever armor they have. You will notice a significant change in the damage you deal with just the Last Whisper, without any other damage items.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

04-08-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

GJ Phreak, this was definitely your best one by far. It not only revealed how to play Pantheon, but how to become a better player overall. Kudos.

CharlieB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

I have to disagree with your Pantheon build. I can't fathom taking a last whisper so early, especially if you're maxing heartseeker strike. Rarely in that entire video did you swing more than one on the target because heartseeker channeling prevents auto attack. With heartseeker at it's maximum at level 8, having a b.f. sword in place of the last whisper would have allowed you to finish off your targets after the initial heartseekers.

Glyde

04-08-2010

I don't build him nearly like that (I let runes/masteries take care of mana regen and go for longsword first.) but to each their own. The tactics, however, are spot on. Its all about the cone of death and autocrits

Xozzen

04-08-2010

actually, I think the spear shot at lvl 1 is really wasted if you don't harass with it. It deals a lot of damage, about 85 phys, and is strong harass. This is the only time in the game where it is that strong, and you use it on creeps?

I usually get some dmg item, leviathan, merc treads and then starks/guardian angel with him, I ahve enough survivability to endure some hits, and my heartseeker strike deals a lot more damage.

L33tGuilty

04-08-2010

1st champ. spotlight ive ever saw, and i gotta say its amazing

gz on kills !

Withwerain

04-08-2010

I played panthy and i do almost everything you do except i just go all armor penetration and shysical damage to amx out damage. and when facing an invisible oppennet i get oracle. I never have a problem there.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac View Post
to the death
no, to the pain!

123456 ... 8