How to play Kennen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnalC

04-08-2010

What summoner spells u use?

Montford

04-08-2010

Having some difficulty playing Kennen to, hes to squishy to really stay in a fight long at all, his AP ratios are not very good, and my attacks dont seem to do much damage to any champion, i thought he might be another facerolling ninja but apparently hes more of a hey ill throw in some damage here and there and look cool cuz im new.

Ive trying different AP builds, going Nashors, Rylai's, Voidstaff even, but none of them seem to pack a punch like ive been hoping for...and his Ult doesnt seem to do much but tickle my opponents, but im still sticking with him and trying to figure out the best way and my team role.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-08-2010

his ult does some very decent damage, 210+.33 x3, hitting multiple targets.
Without any ability power it will do 630 damage before reduction on a target you can stay relatively close to for 1.5 seconds.
Complaining about that is a bit silly really. Play with a shen or another multi target disable, and you can bolt in through everyone applying one mark, surge them to get it up to two, then ult and stun them all. Very useful amumuish ability with a much nicer damage component in 1v1 or 1v2 situations.

KrystalSkull

04-08-2010

I have been playing him as AP/MPen and it seems to be working out great. Getting haunting guise may seem slightly useless but for all your getting for the cost it makes it more than useful. Sorc shoes is a must if you are really committed to the MPen. Rylai's for the survivability and the chance to Multi-slow (if E didnt slow, W will). Void Staff/Abyssal Scepter to finish it off either one will help immensely.

Now depending on the battle getting HP instead of AP goes a long way. Swapping Rylai's for Frozen Mallet gives you almost the same effect but greater survivability. Mejai instead of Levi all comes down to how things are going. If you are well fed go for the Mejai to make sure everything dies. If your even with the other team, Levi will make sure you live long enough to get your stuns off.

You may argue that no aspd(attack speed) results in less marks but I find the passive marks are not the best way to finish off you opponent. Cycling E,W and stunning with Q or R with lots of AP always results in the battle going in your favor.

In terms of summoner spells I run with Ghost and Exhaust. Ghost either for making speedy getaways or making sure I initiate ganks with max speed. Exhaust just gives me some breathing room if things arent going my way or if I wanna guarantee a kill.

I am also running Defensive mastery. I am only level 17 so I dont have too much to work with but it benefits me slightly. For runes I have aspd, HP, and cooldown at 18 with HP quintessence.

There seems to be alot of ways to play Kennen, this one just suits me.

Godrek

04-08-2010

I use almost the same playstyle/build as above though I use Ghost/Flash and Cleanse for easy escapes because he is so squishy and I usually get Rylais after Void Staff/Abyssal though. You can switch out Sorc shoes for mercurys if enemy has a lot of snares/stuns and magic damage too.

Joebags

04-08-2010

ive had a good deal of success with this build (buy items in order from left to right):

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Kenne...f2868d7a975717

I use 9/21/0 for masteries and Magic pen/hp/cdr runes. Just focus on farming/harassing early game with Q. I get 1 level in each ability by lvl 3. Then I max skills with this priority: R > Q > E = W. Q is great for early game harassing, and if you can hit an enemy champ with Q once you can rush in with W and then stun with E. It has worked decently well for me so far, but I've only played a few games as kennen so I am by no means an expert.

Weyen

04-08-2010

So far, I haven't been impressed with an AD build at all.

Building for AS/AP, I've had some nice games. Generally, I start with Stinger, then get whatever boots I need (mercs usually), then build something for hp (a Rylai's, or a Leviathan).

After that, I generally try to build a Guinsoo's Rageblade, since it's amazing on Kennen. Gives him everything he needs, and he can keep the stacks up almost continuously. Then I generally either build the stinger into a Nashor's Tooth or grab some more HP from something.

As for which skills work off what, they all scale their damage off of AP, I believe. Electrical surge procs every fifth attack, so more attack speed triggers it more often.

For skills, generally, I start with W, then E, both of which make him a farming machine. Once you get Q, you can lightning ball into a group of enemies, W to zap them all, and then Q to stun one. If they're still alive after a few seconds, you can W again, and stun the entire group. Only problem with this is that you need more HP than most ranged casters, since lightning requires you to be in melee range.

HolyOnes

04-08-2010

I`ve used him straight lifesteal, go dorans blade, then beserkers greeves, then a malady, then executioners calling then starks then maybe another executioners. Seems to work, i just spam his spells as much as i can and survive through lifesteal and fast stuns hence the attack speed, and his W uses his attack damage. Won everygame with this strategy so far, as long as you can stay farming and play smart

So ad/as/lifesteal for me try it ^^

All the mage items use mana thats why i think ap isnt as good for lil ken =D

Godrek

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyOnes View Post
I`ve used him straight lifesteal, go dorans blade, then beserkers greeves, then a malady, then executioners calling then starks then maybe another executioners. Seems to work, i just spam his spells as much as i can and survive through lifesteal and fast stuns hence the attack speed, and his W uses his attack damage. Won everygame with this strategy so far, as long as you can stay farming and play smart

So ad/as/lifesteal for me try it ^^

Only item AP Kenny uses that has mana is Nashtor's

linbog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyOnes View Post
They changed a few 'mage' items with the patch and now they are almost tailor made for Kennen.

Haunting Guise is a big one but Stinger also fits him quite well.