How to play Kennen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDONTplayFPS

04-08-2010

Tried a practice game with him. I'm gonna prioritize his E and W combo to add two marks quickly. However, that means he requires some tanking items to be effective melee range. Rageblade/Rylai's seems like a must. New Haunting Guise wasn't too noticeable, so I'm thinking cooldown might be better. Crappy part is, only Stinger, Spirit Visage, and Brutalizer give cooldown reduction without mana regen; the rest all have mana regen built in. Might be good to run blue elixir.

Alternatively, DPS mode could work well since he's a ninja. The constant marks + stun and insane chase speed from E...
So.. Brutalizer/Phage --> Frozen Mallet and other stuff.

I'm gonna go test some stuff when I get home. Kenne seems like he has a lot of potential. One practice game just isn't practical for theorycraft.

Sarpati

04-08-2010

Nashor's Tooth only gives 10 MP5 and with its recent buff to attack speed, it's a very good item for Kennen. I wouldn't worry too much about itemization - it's not that expensive to begin with.

And to anyone wondering, Kennen doesn't have the energy problems found in Shen. Spamming abilities at 40% CDR is very much viable.

[e] I recommend Cleanse as one of your spells. I noticed that CC really hampers his ability to get those stuns off in time, especially if you're relying on your ulti for it.

Brontobeuf

04-08-2010

Mp5 works on energy ? (sorry for this noob question, I was certain it was not the case).

Sarpati

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontobeuf View Post
Mp5 works on energy ? (sorry for this noob question, I was certain it was not the case).
It doesn't. I was simply stating that Nashor's Tooth shouldn't be avoided because it has MP5.

Godrek

04-08-2010

Nashtor's Tooth should be an item for Kennen in any playstyle imo, attack speed for more marks, ability power, and CDR. Haven't tried a dps build but I find AP effective. I find Leviathan armor gives him all the survivability he needs for only 1235 and if you get 20 stacks you are set.

Godrek

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDONTplayFPS View Post
Tried a practice game with him. I'm gonna prioritize his E and W combo to add two marks quickly. However, that means he requires some tanking items to be effective melee range. Rageblade/Rylai's seems like a must. New Haunting Guise wasn't too noticeable, so I'm thinking cooldown might be better. Crappy part is, only Stinger, Spirit Visage, and Brutalizer give cooldown reduction without mana regen; the rest all have mana regen built in. Might be good to run blue elixir.

Alternatively, DPS mode could work well since he's a ninja. The constant marks + stun and insane chase speed from E...
So.. Brutalizer/Phage --> Frozen Mallet and other stuff.

I'm gonna go test some stuff when I get home. Kenne seems like he has a lot of potential. One practice game just isn't practical for theorycraft.
Haunting guise isn't much but it can help you out in the field with a little extra hp here and there, basically like a regen item and the magic pen plus sorc treads and void staff is great.

JEMANGEDESMONDES

04-08-2010

AP works since all his abilities do scale with. His ratios are not too great. I think he's a little weak but have superb synergy in his skill set. So a little buff to his numbers might be all he would really need.

Doowa

04-08-2010

at least he's a lot better then Ezreal.. thats a good start. So far I've played a few games with him, mainly Twisted Treeline thou.

Can anyone list which of his skills are affected by what type? seems everyone is giving different ideas to both AS, AD and AP..

My preference so far is definantly attack speed and damage. Bloodrazor seems to work really well as a start build item. I've played a few games where I went for AP items, but it seems the AS/AD combo is easier and thus better to build...

In every game I've had a positive kill / death ratio, but I can't seem to carry after the kills and help my team that way. What's Kennens team role??

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

Lol@ "a lot better than Ezreal"....L2 aim skillshots before you bash a champion.

Godrek

04-08-2010

I've been having trouble trying to figure out Kennen's role too, because hes another hybrid. I find him best suited to playing him like a mage. Stay back throwing shurikens until the conflict begins and get in there, ult, and do your thing while trying to remain alive.