Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play Kennen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

Recruiter

04-08-2010

I tried out the little guy and I was absolutely terrible. Ended the game 0/6/3 with a teamscore of 6-22. Other team's Kennen got fed and there was nothing I could do against him as any mirror match would result in my dying. I have no idea where to position in a teamfight or what to buy with this champion or even how to farm/level his skills.

Any suggestions?

Ghostraider

04-08-2010

Stack Attack speed/damage mixed with cdr and magic pen.

DamnPandaHands

04-08-2010

Quote:
Sefam:
I tried out the little guy and I was absolutely terrible. Ended the game 0/6/3 with a teamscore of 6-22. Other team's Kennen got fed and there was nothing I could do against him as any mirror match would result in my dying. I have no idea where to position in a teamfight or what to buy with this champion or even how to farm/level his skills.

Any suggestions?

Why hello there .

A couple easy tips to help, especially early game. Harass heavily. Force them away from minions with your skillshot. That's what helped me maintain a level gap on you. I also fully support a controller type build.

-Haunting Guise
-Boot(your choice really, i went for mobility)
-Rylai's
-Leviathon
-Enter x tank item here.

With a build like this, you can offer much more to a team. You are much less susceptible to dying and with as strong of an early game as he can have, you can dominate late game.
Use e to enter the fight, hence tank items and mobility boots, follow by w and your ultimate. This allows you to have a huge controlling factor in a teamfight, where you are constantly throwing out stuns(slows too with rylai's) and have the durability needed to survive the initial contact. Ghost really, really helps. It allows you to enter and exit as quickly as you need, coupled with his 'e', you can really turn the tides of a teamfight.

note-Having shen and kennen on a team is extremely useful. Kennen run through and shen ult. in. Not only will this ensure kennen's survival most times, but it will also allow you to setup for a constant stun cycle with kennen using his skills and shen's taunt, this can prove to be the winner of teamfights more times than not.

objectivesea

04-08-2010

Quote:
Everett:

-Haunting Guise
-Boot(your choice really, i went for mobility)
-Rylai's
-Leviathon
-Enter x tank item here.

Is this the order you buy the items? Wouldn't it be better to get Leviathon sooner rather than later?

Tancred09

04-08-2010

Didn't Riot make it so you don't want to have Kennen and Shen on the same team? They hinted at it by saying that ninjas work alone and I assume that becuase they gave Shen a buff saying hes a flipping ninja that there would be negative side effects to having both Shen and Kennen in a team.

objectivesea

04-08-2010

Quote:
Tancred09:
Didn't Riot make it so you don't want to have Kennen and Shen on the same team? They hinted at it by saying that ninjas work alone and I assume that becuase they gave Shen a buff saying hes a flipping ninja that there would be negative side effects to having both Shen and Kennen in a team.

Didn't hear anything posted on the TR forums about any of this while Kennen was being tested out. Might apply to three ninjas, but as far as I know, no.

poepli

04-08-2010

played 2 games with him and failed...
donĀ“t like him yet.
too less dmg and too weak.

edit: just tried ap

DamnPandaHands

04-08-2010

Quote:
Schezuan the Summoner:
Is this the order you buy the items? Wouldn't it be better to get Leviathon sooner rather than later?

Levi Stacks build very, very quickly

gun fu panda

04-08-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Kennen/f325ce05b8dc401dbfe464c19d3bb8de

I'm going to try something similar to this when I get off work. The idea being to maximize his attack speed and magic damage from razor's/W passive/base spell damage. He seems like dps support, but not a hard carry by himself.

resinator

04-08-2010

Ken and Shen should rape since they share those marks