[Guide]Blitzcrank, The Steam Golem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrnodyn

10-30-2009

5 pages and no mention of rodstacking + archangels as an effective means of playing a tank/nuke?

The 3k-4k mana will effectively turn into 1.5k-2k health (once every minute, if you even get into danger as much) as archangels 25 mp/5 is pretty hard to out-spam, and damage on the hook quickly goes up to 500+ (if not 600+) then your fist comes in at at least 200 with a stun and the real fun begins when your (boosted) ult passive starts slapping away at a character that will have a hard time escaping, if all else fails the last move is a 600-700 damage ult active.

Now, I've seen some people discourage AP builds...did I overlook some fatal flaw in this or something?

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2009

blitz has 2 physical skills, overdrive and power fist. going ap isn't a good idea with blitz. his rocket grab has a long cd, so does his ult, so ap build results in a blitz with gimped attack.

Myrnodyn

10-30-2009

Cooldowns can be mended, if you throw in a glacial shroud (or frozen heart for tanky goodness), it'll be at least 20% less of a problem, while keeping in line with building your mana. The problem I see with a phys damage build is that you quite often have to give up your tank potential. The same basically goes for a non-AP tanking build: your tanking will be fine, but your damage will suffer.

Also remember that, although his ult has a 'high' CD the 50 or so added damage every 2.5 secs DOES add up as well, the active part is more of a finisher/AoE blast anyway.

and as a third, armor stacking is more common (and I've also found it to be easier) than stacking MR, making those hard earned AP points count.

In short: I'm unconvinced that a higher damage output in one item build, necessarily means that an AP/mana build is unviable, or even less desired.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2009

1. glacial shroud/frozen heart are not good tank items. it's only good if all the enemies are physical dps, and that almost never happens.

2. magic resist stacking is more common than armor stacking.

3. ap mana build is great, just not on blitz.

4. the cd reduction is nice, just not worth it.

p.s. i lied, ap mana build is stupid. ap mana health is better.

MajorChipHazzard

10-31-2009

Question: what is your reasoning behind levelling rocket grab up early on? You aren't going to have the mana to take advantage of the reduced cooldown, and the damage increase is negligible at best. I find that taking 1 or 2 levels of rocket grab early on, and then maxing power fist and overdrive leads to a much stronger Blitz. For example, you will actually be able to chase -> power fist heroes before late game using this skill build, kill towers quickly, etc. You aren't using rocket grab for the damage.

Bait's build is exactly what I use (you posted it on another forum, right?) and it's miles ahead of any blitz build I have tried out, and fits blitz's role very well.

Bait

10-31-2009

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=18110

i posted it a long time ago but nobody commented on it.

FearAndLoathing

11-16-2009

I tried a couple of the builds out that were posted here. Lolpucks worked best for me so far; that or some minor variation on it is what I plan to run as Blits from here on in.

SamuraiPanda

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
blitz has 2 physical skills, overdrive and power fist. going ap isn't a good idea with blitz. his rocket grab has a long cd, so does his ult, so ap build results in a blitz with gimped attack.
Not at all, check out Lich's Bane if you're going with an AP Blitz build. Every time a spell is cast, your next physical attack does 100% of your AP on top of the hit. That means AP Blitz can deal massive damage using Lich's Bane with the Power Fist.

Other than that, I find most AP builds for Blitz to be a bit lacking when it comes to late game.

Voidgolem

11-16-2009

I find that stacking bloodrazors makes you insane. Little squishy to magic, yes, but insane. Baron basically rolls over and dies to Overdrive/Powerfist if you've got at least two.

Only from a couple of relatively-equal practice games worth of experience though, need to test it in some normal ones.

SamuraiPanda

11-16-2009

Stacking bloodrazors is awesome, but extremely team dependent (yours and the opponent's). While I'm still experimenting and learning more about Blitz every time I play him, I find (in general) that he is best when combined +attack speed items that have a passive. Blitz's natural damage is really low, so just stacking +attack speed isn't going to do a whole lot. But stacking +attack speed and a passive can go a long way in every game. The best +attack speed items for Blitz are basically everything made with the Recurve Bow, and the Malady.

I was actually typing up a huge summary of what items work with Blitz in certain situations, but I feel like I can flesh it out and post it later.