[Guide]Blitzcrank, The Steam Golem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flakes

10-14-2009

I play me a bit o blitz, and was wondering: if you go frozen mallet+trinity force, does it use both trinity's +base damage and the mallet's 100% slow chance?

Hoax

10-14-2009

You can make an argument for taking Punch before Grab at L1, because Grab is so expensive and its unlikely with most lane partners and opponents you can do anything but force them to use heal/exhaust/blink in the first level with just Grab. However obviously from there on out you have to max Grab and I think taking a point of Overdrive is more useful then going from L1 to L2 in Punch.

Anyone done any testing to find the total amount of +AP you need to one-shot creep waves with the ult at the 3 ult levels? I'd really like to see those numbers but haven't had the time/will to do it.

CnB84

10-14-2009

Two things. First a question.

Does Base damage mean that damage added by runes, items, and abilities doesn't buff Blitz's punch?

Second, a statement.

I don't think Blitz is a good tank. His passive for all practical purposes will only add around 400 hp, assuming you don't use any spells or buy any mana items. He's definiently more of a carry than a tank, and should be treated as such.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2009

I play blitz very well, i have about 55 more wins than losses using mostly blitzcrank and hopping between teams of all skill level. Everybody on my team says i'm pro so, i'm guessing everybody else is doing something wrong.

Skill build:
1. Power Fist
2. Rocket grab
3. Overdrive (1-3)
4. Ult (#1 priority to max)
5. Overdrive (#2 priority to max)
6. Power fist.(#3 priority to max)

Summoner Skills:
Teleport/Rally

Runes:
Red = Armor Penetrate
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = Reduced Cool-down
Purple = Armor Penetrate

Masteries:
21//0/9

ITEMS:
Philosopher's Stone
Ninja Tabi/Mercury Treads (depends on how many slows the enemy has)
Black Cleaver
Trinity Force
Banshee's Veil
??? Frozen Heart/Force of Nature

Trinity force is uniquely fitting for a blitzcrank. his 3-4 sec power fist just goes too well with trinity force.
The slow movement speed of trinity force is fitting for blitz because he will usually get in 2-3 shots after 1 power fist. Frozen Mallet = waste.

The damage boost looks like this:
100% normal + 100% power fist + 150% trinity force = 350%.
i'm not sure how the crit fits in, it probably just adds another 100%. Then again, i do remember 2-shotting people, so crit might multiply at the end.

To CnB84: By add to base damage, they mean it doesn't multiply. For example it doesn't go 2 x 2.5 for power fist x trinity force.

To Flakes: Frozen Mallet + Trinity force will not stack after update, even if used by two different people.

Blitz is a fairly good tank but you're not meant to tank with him. His base stats give more hp and armor than most other characters so your survivability is much higher compared to other damage dealers. You can tank for short durations, and isn't squishy like ashe or teemo even if you don't get defense items.

Vukasa

10-21-2009

I tried this guide out back when Blitz was first introduced and it worked wonders. I reread it today since i havent touched him in a looong time and tried going for trinity force since without the runes i didnt have the crit early. I just wondered what your thoughts were since i believe this guide was introduced before the Trinitys induction into the game.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2009

overdrive should be maxed first. this is a horrible guide. i posted my own guide somewhere.

sheen first = epic fail.

Reep

10-23-2009

The great thing about Blitz is, unlike most carries, he can snag quite a few kills in the beginning utilizing the rocket grab/power fist combo. Once he gets Sheen and frozen mallet/trinity force, he is exponentially scarier.

Bait

10-23-2009

i've seen a lot of fail blitzcranks follow this guide. i've had many headaches from blitzcranks who can never chase down the opponent because they didn't get overdrive.

and sheen as first item = fail. sheen is a multiplier, that's why it's fail. for damage, you start with additive bonuses THEN multipliers. that's just more effective.

Vukasa

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
i've seen a lot of fail blitzcranks follow this guide. i've had many headaches from blitzcranks who can never chase down the opponent because they didn't get overdrive.

and sheen as first item = fail. sheen is a multiplier, that's why it's fail. for damage, you start with additive bonuses THEN multipliers. that's just more effective.
What is your deal? if ya dont like the guide go post your own. Quit acting like a child and flaming someone else's playstyle just becuz it doesnt copy your own. This guide seems based more around burst dmg and support and you seem to build him as a psudo carry.

Mana crystal and teleport solve all my early mana issues for this build, prolly not if your using overdrive for kills. The 5-6 well placed grab/powerfist combos often net me a kill (sometimes 2 or 3) before i tp bak for mana and sheen. Sheen instantly adds your base dmg onto the powerfist burst so thats a 60ish-70 dmg increase when you get it. No early game item has that kind of output. Grab punch powerfist punch is and add 120ish dmg just from sheen. That is some incredible burst instead of having to farm up a B F Sword.

Ive seen blitz's use this and be very successful. I dont follow it to the letter myself, but it was definately a helpful start to a first time blitz player and now my last 8 blitz games average up to 10 3.5 14.75. You dont need to chase the enemy around to finish with proper teamwork and grab placement. Im not saying blitz cant go overdrive and carry without assistance. blitz is a very flexible champion, but just becuz you disagree with op doesnt require you to stalk this thread and flame every person who uses this guide. Go write your own guide and have it submitted to the Guide Directory so that you can talk **** to all the people who think your guide is retarded, and quit acting so petty.

Bait

10-24-2009

if you go for sheen first, you can't farm. being harassed even a little will screw you over early game. 70 dmg bonus every 3 seconds for 1260 gold = not worth it.

50 dmg bonus + overdrive = ~200 dmg bonus every 3 seconds.

the reason you get philosopher's stone first is so you can atleast have some hp to get last hits.

p.s. i'm not flaming, i'm actually giving both suggestions and reasons for disagreement. if you don't get overdrive, you will have problems with early game ganks. plus, it's difficult to use 2 power fists on a single target without overdrive to keep in range of that target.