[Guide]Blitzcrank, The Steam Golem

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anor

09-04-2009

Nice guide Zoobi.. i've been playing blitz and loving it!

Foreshadowed

09-04-2009

Better Builds:

Tank
Boots of Swiftness
Sunfirex2
Phage
Frozen Heart/Force of Nature
Frozen Mallet

Carry:
Philosopher Stone
Boots of Swiftness
Phage
Black Cleaver
Infinity Edge/Zeal>Phantom Dancer
Last Whisper.

I dont recomend AP builds because both Tank and Carry work better.

Marykate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2009

Noobi wrote a guide! Wassup Zoob, let's play some more.

Good guide. I practiced some with Blitz, and I gotta say that Overdrive is awesome for taking down turrets or jungling. 1 point early game for the 30% attack speed boost is pretty worthwhile imo. Then you can power it up at the end when all other abilities are max.

Zoobi

09-05-2009

Thanks everyone, glad I could help this is my first guide.

To Foreshadowed; I don't like going pure tank or pure carry simply because Blitz has the capability to be both. With my build by the time I get Infinity Edge(usually around 25 minute mark or so) I had 3400 health which combined with the fact that I have around 1200 mana make's me into a pain in the ass to take down. I also do 1000 powerfist crits, with my rune page I crit often. However I enjoy the fact that everyone has found builds that work for them, variety is a good thing. This is just what has worked for me in the 15-20 or so games I've played as blitz since the patch.

Shillen

09-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadowed View Post
I dont recomend AP builds because both Tank and Carry work better.
Dumb not to take sheen. You don't buy it for the AP.

Gavvy

09-05-2009

I don't see whats so bad about AP builds. Just get a Lich Bane, combo your abilites accordingly and you can take out all squishy characters pretty much. I can usually get atleast a 2kdr with an AP build.

Genose

09-06-2009

This is actually an awesome guide. I really like the Sheen + Punch combo. Not to mention, he has tons of HP from the mallet, great damage from the infinity edge, and insane armor/cooldown from the heart. Great guide!

Zeyk

09-06-2009

IMO there's no reason to spec for AP instead of damage/crit/Sheen. If you can hit someone with the hook or your ult, you can hit them with a Power Fist, and have very strong sustained melee DPS with Overdrive to boot.

Whiplash

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobi View Post
Thanks everyone, glad I could help this is my first guide.

To Foreshadowed; I don't like going pure tank or pure carry simply because Blitz has the capability to be both. With my build by the time I get Infinity Edge(usually around 25 minute mark or so) I had 3400 health which combined with the fact that I have around 1200 mana make's me into a pain in the ass to take down. I also do 1000 powerfist crits, with my rune page I crit often. However I enjoy the fact that everyone has found builds that work for them, variety is a good thing. This is just what has worked for me in the 15-20 or so games I've played as blitz since the patch.
Trying to make blitz an all around heroe is nice...but he pretty much is on his own. If you make him a beefy tank or a beefy dps he is much more of a help in a team fight. I usually go Frost mallet, speed 3 boots, infinity edge, and a last whisper. With this build you not only can kill people easily..but with your overcharge and your power fist...you become a building killing machine.

Anyways your guide seems like it could be effective. Nice job on the layout of the guide easy to understand.

Zoobi

09-07-2009

Just want to give a sidenote that Sheen doesn't work how I thought it does, however it is still a good item to get. Here's the exerpt from Ravenite's [Guide] Sheen post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenite
1. Sheen only doubles base damage. If I have 100 base damage just from leveling and then a fully charged Bloodthirster for +100 damage, an attack with Sheen active will do 100*2 + 100 = 300 damage NOT (100+100)*2 = 400 damage.

2. Sheen damage cannot crit. If I have 100 base damage and no damage items, a crit with Sheen active will do 100*2 +100 = 300 damage NOT (100*2)*2 = 400 damage.

So for the big whammy, if I have 100 base damage and 100 Bloodthirster damage, a crit with Sheen active will do (100+100)*2 +100 = 500 damage NOT (100+100)*2*2 = 800 damage.

Let's look at a really extreme example. Blitzcrank has the aforementioned 100 base damage and 100 Bloodthirster damage. He uses Power Fist which activates the Sheen buff. On his next attack, he crits for (100+100)*2+(100+100)+100=700 damage NOT (100+100)*2*2*2=1600 damage.

If you want to see the interaction between Sheen, +damage, and crits in action, I suggest playing a practice game with no masteries and runes as pirate. A level 16 pirate has 100 base damage, and Parrrley level 5 gives 100 bonus damage, perfect for following along with the example. Pick up a sheen and some crit % items and you can easily see how everything works by shooting minions (they don't have any armor).

I hope this helped clear up some misconceptions surrounding Sheen and helps you theorycraft some awesome builds!
It it still an awesome item though, so don't think because it doesn't work how I or what *most* thought it worked makes it a bad item. Blitzcrank has ~125(sorry haven't played in a few days) which means this item adds the most physical attack out of any item in the game, of course it is only after you use an ability, but with power fist and golem buff you can keep it on cooldown constantly.

123456 ... 8