Mordekaiser questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOL i killed you

11-07-2010

ok to start off, this is my noob account i cant get my main account to work with the forums but w.e

so back to the thread, with mordekaiser i am somewhat new to him and i have some questions to all who will answer and know what they are talking about

1. what is better to use? frozen mallet? or rylais crystal scepter? they both slow so i need atleast one of them sicne none of mordes abilities slow.

2. has anybody tried a DPS mordekaiser? if so how well did that turn out?

3. would it be viable to go with an AP morde? or jsut standard tankish morde?

4. in your experience what seems to be the best core build? (3 to 4 items) in an average game?

well thank you to all who answer and have a wonderful day

Ardeaf

11-07-2010

rylai

hybrid ap (items like abyssal, sv, rylai, randuin, hextech, and sorc boots) is better than tank mode

best core build would be randuin, sorc boots, and abyssal scepter. you should be able to farm like a madman though, often times i'm at the 40 minute mark with full 6 items (rylai and spirit visage, then get hextech last)

Awardius

11-07-2010

After the most recent changes I think that rylais is better. I like a more tank/ap build. If I had my dream build it would be sorcerers shoes, force of nature, sunfire cape x2, abyssal scepter, rylais staff. As with any champ the build depends on the game. There are many items which are good for mordekaiser. I like thornmail a lot if there are a few right clicker champs.

Ossus

11-09-2010

If you're feeling brave/skillful, you can go for an AD build. 9/0/21 masteries(minus any mana regen ones) CDR per level glyphs/quints Magic pen marks and whatever seals(Health regen/flat CDR/Health are all good ones.)

The build is simple, first, start with a pure health regen item, which will be sold later and one potion. next, build boots of swiftness and phlange, this is to compensate for morde's lack of a closer so always try to approach from somewhere least expected, it will require some skill as a ganker. next, build abunch of BF swords, four to be presice, once you have three, sell off your health regen item to make room for the next, then, start turning them into blood thirsters. if you feel like you're being taken down too easily, invest in the fullblown icehammer.

There are a few important things to note however. For starters, this build doesn't really change, so it may be pretty static for most people. If you have a spell resist tank, switch out the boots for sorc shoes and one of the swords for...I'm just kidding, don't ever do that, just do as normal, it won't matter too much because alot of your damage will still be in the form of auto attacks(Ideally with 100% lifesteal)

So I suppose you COULD switch out one of the swords for a void staff if you gotta be lame like that :P but really, I would honestly just stick with the swords, for a few reasons, to start, no matter who you hit in a group fight, when you're spamming those mace of spades and possibly creeping death(There's a reason for all that CDR) everyone will be taking damage from you no matter what, the only difference in who you're targetting is that they're taking all of your auto attacks ontop of that so you can still damage the tank while beating down the carries and then finish off the weakened tank when the carries are dead, second (And more relevant), magic pen and AD do not go hand in hand in terms of itemization, and honestly, you're almost gimping the build by stacking any more than what your boots and masteries/runes provide, I of course have only tried this use of additional spell pen once, so feel free to experiment if you even dare to try it to begin with

(PS it will probably be really hard if you wheren't already really good with morde)

NerevarineVivec

11-09-2010

1. frozen mallet used to be a really good item for morde because the effect would be applied to his ghost too, but since they took it out in the last patch, the item has really lost its appeal, i dont really recommend it. for rylai's the slow effect will be the smaller one (around 15% i think) even with his ult as well so its not really noticable. however i still recommend it because its a pretty good item giving hp and ap.

2. all of morde's ability do magic damage, and his shield goes off of the magic damage he does. sure you "could" go an AD route, but its not really an efficient way of playing morde. if you want to go AD i suggest you play a different hero.

3 i believe that especially after this last patch a more APish morde is more viable. ive been playing around with going a AP/tank hybrid and ive found that i have liked it. i would suggest that if you do get ap that you limit it to only rylai's/abyssal scepter and sorce boots. you will be on the front lines with morde so you still need someone who can take alot of hits. maybe a haunting guise too if you really want it, but after that i suggest pure tank items

4. sorc boots, rylais, abyssal, randuins followed by tank items

Moragtao

11-09-2010

Personally, this is how I build mord, and so far I've yet to go negative in a game with him:

Start off with Doran's shield and an hp pot. Get sorc boots, then build up either Randuin's or FoN. Whichever one you don't build up 1st, get it 2nd. Those three make up your core build. Then I'll normally get some combo of Rylai's, Void Staff, DFG, Abyssal Scepter, and Thornmail (ONLY get this if their team is an auto-attack team.)

For runes, get magic pen marks, dodge seals, mr/lvl glyphs and flat hp quints.

Ignite and Ghost with a 9/0/21 mastery

Edit: Don't ever, ever, EVER, build mord as a straight tank. And don't EVER EVER EVER stack health items. You want to start off building towards mord's shield, because that is ultimately what keeps him alive in the end. After you got your core build, it's better to start building some AP so you can truly take charge late game.

aisoku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

dorans, hp pot.
sorc shoes.
sunfire
rylais
abyssal
sunfire

ghost and ignite, 9/0/21, mpen marks, mresistance is good, and MOVE SPEED QUINTS.
dont die, flank like a speedy boss, hit hard. kill things

Chumong

11-09-2010

I am fairly new on Mordekaiser, but I am simply loving his farming abilities.

Here is my recent built for him which can be easily changed

1. Doran's Shield + 1 hp pot or Regrowth Pendant + 1 hp pot
2. Sorc. Shoes or Merc thread(depends on how well your team is doing overall and if they have CC)
3. Heart of Gold(for Randium) or Kindlegem(This because of CDR + HP, later for Shurleya's Reverie forget the MPr and focus on CDR, Movement on active + HPr)
4. Randium or Reverie
5. FoN
6. Ryali or Abyssal Scepter
7. Whatever you need or want- Including GA, Zhonya(not the best but handy if they focus on yeah a lot), Suncape(don't find HP+AR+magic damage all that useful), Hextech (heard that it is good on him + someone mentioned it already)

Even though this is someone else's post, I would like to add a question if you guys don't mind.

Is it good to grab CDR stuff? Because his spells can over all deal tons of damage if left alone, which is not the case for a skilled team. But is it? I've done some calculating and he can dish out easily almost 2k of damage with his first set of spells, excluding his ult. Note that this is not adding the MR of the target. You can still dish out 1.2k of damage within less than 2-3 seconds + Randium can help with that little gangbang that occurs in a teamfight.

so is it viable or not? Handy or just a bloody waste of time?

Ossus

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumong View Post
I am fairly new on Mordekaiser, but I am simply loving his farming abilities.

Here is my recent built for him which can be easily changed

1. Doran's Shield + 1 hp pot or Regrowth Pendant + 1 hp pot
2. Sorc. Shoes or Merc thread(depends on how well your team is doing overall and if they have CC)
3. Heart of Gold(for Randium) or Kindlegem(This because of CDR + HP, later for Shurleya's Reverie forget the MPr and focus on CDR, Movement on active + HPr)
4. Randium or Reverie
5. FoN
6. Ryali or Abyssal Scepter
7. Whatever you need or want- Including GA, Zhonya(not the best but handy if they focus on yeah a lot), Suncape(don't find HP+AR+magic damage all that useful), Hextech (heard that it is good on him + someone mentioned it already)

Even though this is someone else's post, I would like to add a question if you guys don't mind.

Is it good to grab CDR stuff? Because his spells can over all deal tons of damage if left alone, which is not the case for a skilled team. But is it? I've done some calculating and he can dish out easily almost 2k of damage with his first set of spells, excluding his ult. Note that this is not adding the MR of the target. You can still dish out 1.2k of damage within less than 2-3 seconds + Randium can help with that little gangbang that occurs in a teamfight.

so is it viable or not? Handy or just a bloody waste of time?
Eh, not really. some builds call for Deathfire grasp but that would be it