Dante, The Witch Hunter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Give Me Money

Recruiter

03-15-2012

I'm reading this and I see the black guy from FF: XIII (I think)... which is what I want to see.

Thesalos

03-15-2012

Dante =Devil May Cry
The Witch Hunter = Warhammer
????????????
lol,am I the only one who has noticed the name

Extra Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesalos View Post
Dante =Devil May Cry
The Witch Hunter = Warhammer
????????????
lol,am I the only one who has noticed the name
Ya didn't have to give it away =P I didn't notice the name similarities until after I developed the second member. I actually picked Dante because of Dante's Inferno and witch hunter because I started making him after my first game against LeBlanc, the original lore actually had a personal conflict between the two but I scrapped it rewrote the lore but kept the name.

MelancholyReaper

05-04-2012

I got chewed out once for making a stat conversion passive. Apparently they tread on the border of the ever-dangerous "unfun" zone...

But seriously, buying Thornmail and having it also give you 35 magic resistance is quite a lot of survivablity for your coin.

On that same note, the free banshee's-like passive seems... boring. The fact that it basically has a mind or it's own and you have 0 control over it is rather inconvenient at the least; at the most, it would be downright frustrating.

If you really wish to silence those who would cast against you, make your passive silence a target for a second or two when you attack them, this having an internal cooldown on each champion affected like Jarvan's passive. This would let you have a controllable CC that would let you win poking, and it would make Qing through a group of enemies rather deadly.

As for that MR and Caster-retaliation business, just change your E's active to make a spellshield that reflects spells in the same way Fiora's Riposte reflects attacks. I realize that that doesn't help MR any, but the spell-reflection would be very witch-huntery.

Chocmerc

05-04-2012

Greetings summoner,
ENOUGH CHITCHAT!

im going to go over some things real briefly because im tired

I am going to agree with my erstwhile companion melancholy and say that the auto silence doesnt require any play. you just randomly get it, no strategy required. Also stat conversion passives also require no play and is hard to balance. If you want MR, what about if he converts magic damage into MR for a few seconds after taking damage? or maybe everytime his health drops by 10% or 25% he gains a free magic shield for (AD / AP / MR) with X charges. when charges used up, recharges x charges in 30 / 60 / 90 / 100+ seconds.

Q is a nice idea, ammo system is fairly unique, gives him an AD scaling ability. can the reloading of ammo be lowered by CDR? I think it should stay static imo.

W is a long cooldown aoe silence that scales with MR. pretty long cooldown and low damage, but gives strong aoe CC.

E: First off, ive played WAR, and torch em reminds me of a finisher move of the witch hunter :3
Secondly, I feel that this DoT doesnt match his playset, especially since its weak (unless you forgot to mention it stacks) and activating it to double the damage is kind of blase.
Thirdly, this gives him yet another scaling method, AP.
*Suggestion: make this similar to how old jax's counter strike used to work (whenever he dodged, the skill could be activated to stun the target) but instead when he is hit by a spell, he reacts by firing his pistol / throwing metal shards /whatever, which instantly silences the rude spellcaster for x seconds.

R: As others have mentioned, it doesnt seem to fit the motif. you marked him as a support fighter, but creating an aoe magic shield seems out of character for him. if you want him to have a support ability, i really cant come up with an idea that is worth an ultimate slot, except one... see suggestion.
*Suggestion: what about if his armor super charges, unleashing waves of blessed energy that deals x damage each wave for y seconds. allies in the waves gain increased MR and possibly a heal.

also i was wondering if hes ranged or melee?
Anyway, theres my opinion for now.
Regards,
Chocmerc

Extra Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Dante's auto-attack's with his sword, so he's a melee, the main point of his Q is to be a counter offensive against ranged harassers and yes the reload time is static. I really like your suggestions and will edit them in when I get more time.

Pethrax

05-04-2012

passive: um, eh? i like the silence, its nice. but the armor into magic resist isnt a good thing, especially since your abilities scale off of mr, so it would be easier to just by mr items. now if it was ad or ap into mr, that would be a beautiful synergy, but you would have to be careful about the scaling.

q- a mix between corki's ult and caitlyns q, but still unique. i like. suggest putting a cap on how low the damage would go, say 40%?

w- um, what? what is up with that cd? its not an ult dude, even sorakas silence, which is longer, has only like a 5 sec cd. but 60? waaaaaaay too long. otherwise the damage is balanced id say, not too strong early, but strong enough with the scaling for late game.

e- again, that cd is way too long. look at yi's passive/active. his gives bonus ad, which pops to double. its cd is only like 12 at max rank, not 30. otherwise, i like. this is more than likely only going to be popped like an ignite though, the enemy is getting away, u pop this and hit'em with ur revolver. it really doesnt belong on this guy unless you get rid of ult.

r- beautiful. this is where that support is. and its a great utility ult to. can cast it to keep an enemy from gettin away, can cast to save yourself when running, can use to make sure the enemy doesnt steal ur baron. beautiful. but it doesnt belong unless you swap out ur current e for a support ability.

overall: a good champ, plenty of utility, but im only seeing one support ability, and its ur ult. not enough to give this guy that tag. if you still want him to be supporty, id say scrap the e and replace it with some sort of targeted buff/heal. otherwise id just call this guy a fighter/carry. cuz his build is gonna be ad/mr all the way, and unless the enemy has a tryn or other ad carry, the mages and tanks are gonna get raped by this guy. he is gonna be a galio with an actually respectable dps.

Extra Joker

05-04-2012

Edit: Changed Innate and changed e's active to fit Dante's support role

MelancholyReaper

05-04-2012

I like the new changes! If I think of anything else that can help you, I'll tell ya.

BSMaster

05-04-2012

Interesting guy, I like it ^_^
Here's my general review:
Note: Also it would be a good idea to add attack speed, (Is spell block MR?), and range as well

Passive: Not a bad idea, I like the silence and how the duation scales off of MR.
Q: I like the ability, especially that it runs on an ammo system. But in my opinion, maybe having the max number of cartridges in would be around 8 or 10.
W: Interesting ability and again, I like how a lot of your skills scale off of MR.
E: Not a bad ability, it helps with your auto attack as well as it can be used to support yourself or a teammate.
R: I like this ability, but in my opinion even at level 3 ult, 900 damage is something someone like Tryndamere can burn through in 3 shots. Maybe you should just specify that enemies in the area deal x% reduced damage.

Overall, this is an interesting concept.
Also if you have time, can you review mine?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2091483