Yorick, Alas a costly let down.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clockmort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

I've found his gap closing ability to be really lacking, to be honest. Any range champion easily harasses without many ways to do much outside of his W/E ghouls to somewhat harass back. I think his Q ability needs to add the movement speed boost while active until he releases the Ghoul, which would provide better utility and gap closing ability for someone who's a pure melee champion with some puny pets.

Raidarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

People should stop QQIng. L2play him.

Dremu

07-09-2011

On the basis of which I agree with the original poster, I have to say... His ult is very useful when used correctly. I used it all game on our nocturne even at full health in a 4v5, it became 5v5 very quickly whenever noct died he'd come back for a few to rack up kills, I even got him a quadra cos of it. Also his ghouls tear people up now. I was dropping enemy teams health by tons got a bunch of double kills, I thought i got a triple but I guess not. Idk I think Yorick just needs to be played right, but the whole ghouls running into tower scenario is completely true and annoying, Everytime the ghouls run into tower with the enemy it's just pointless. You should really be able to control them. And the rate they die they shouldn't even have a time as long as they can stay out, or atleast like more time to stay out.

DoomScar

07-09-2011

In my opinion, Yorick is not weak AT ALL. I played so many games with him, and he's a quite descent harasser and disabler. The thing is, HE'S NOT A FREAKIN' CASTER. He's supposed to get on people's face and smack em with his shovel of doom. And I just found out he's a great ganker and a "carry killer".

What I do is, play him as a Fighter early game, and build him as a Tank late game. At this way, you'd still be viable even though you don't have enough damage to face-roll a champion. Early game Yorick is a killer. Late Game Yorick is more on Utility.

About his ghoul issues, first of all, NEVER summon ghouls when you're in the enemy's turret. If you know they're still going to scratch the enemy for at least 2 attacks, then go for it. Their early game damage is still decent(roughly 20-25 dmg).

For me, his ultimate is far one of the greatest ultimates I've ever seen. Once Omen of Death reaches level 3, it's like Shaco's Hallucination but with full damage. As long as your enemy is slowed/stunned/cc-ed, you can deal double damage from your basic attacks+if you have ghouls. If you're using the ultimate on another ally, choose either a Tank or Carry. Tank revenants can soak up damage, and carry revenants can deal massive additional damage.

I also agree that Yorick's price should be lowered. Maybe at least 4800 IP.

TL;DR: Yorick is a great ganker, harasser, he can also tank, and has a great utility in teamfights. Use the ghouls at your advantage, but always remember that he's not a caster(I can not stress that any harder). His ultimate is great(nuff said). He's price should be lowered due to complaints of people always wanting to face-roll everyone.

grimdefiance

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubCougarClub View Post
If you think his ult is bad.. chances are you are an unranked individual and shouldn't be posting feedback on champions because you have 0 Idea what you're talking about
who do you think you are? you have no just cause to be such a loser. everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats what forums are for.

xRuinX

Recruiter

07-09-2011

yorick still trash =\

Tviruz

07-09-2011

Yoricks damage is worthless, his ult is best used on himself, And after building him dps several times I've learned he gets just as many kills and lives twice as long if you build him with health and regen. It considerable increases his odds of a good fun time spamming ghouls. Tryed addressing his mana issue, being that it takes more then half his mana to do what other characters do.. Mana mune fixes that but its barely worth the item slot and the time/gold it takes to get. Building him tanky might be slow but it keeps him alive, little bit of hp item(s) + force of nature makes him a much more viable champion. Off tank with annoying dps is what I call him, kinda sad for a pure AD char who does not even benefit from attack speed. I doubt its what riot intended him for but after 2 games tanking with him last night and almost never dieing, I imagine thats why he was made temprarily unavailble.

Bees

07-09-2011

here's an idea i liked about Yoricks ult:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordles Rule View Post
I think the concept behind Yorick's ult is cool. I don't see it being favored over mord's or zileans, so here's an idea. Everything about the ult stays the same except if the ult temporarily resurrects a champion, and that rezzed champ gets a kill, then the champ gets the gold money and yorick also gets a copy of the gold money for robbing his grave.

This would be very situational but the concept is that the character not only gets even, but gets ahead by getting his team (well just him and yorick) double gold for the kill. That's good revenge. It may sound like a lot but it doesn't happen all that easily or often (and a teamate has to die for it to happen), and more importantly it gives yorick a soft taunt. The idea that if you don't kill yorick first there is a chance the enemy team could get double gold is something to consider. It gives a real reason for yorick to go tanky and gives a reason to pick yorick as an off tank champ (since gold seems to be the most commonly looked at stat by league commentators during championships).

Tell me what you think, but be nice