Yorick, Alas a costly let down.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greekinese

06-23-2011

Dear Fellow Summoners and Riot Team Members,

Please forgive the rant; I am just a bit frustrated. =/

I was very excited to play Yorick yesterday! But, after only 3 games I decided I was not going to play him any longer until some changes are made. The AI of his ghouls is absolutely horrible; once cast, they immediately seek the nearest champion (even if they are relatively far away) and attack... often triggering a turret and dying only moments after being summoned. Though, not really true pets, in the permanent sense, as they die shortly after anyways, I find that most of the time are alive they spend chasing a champion far away from where I am in combat, often running into enemy turrets and wasting mana (I know they're cheap to cast; but still).

It's most frustrating though: When fighting a minion wave near my turret that is under pressure, I make a couple ghouls to lend a claw, and they go running off in a bee line towards the enemy turret where an enemy champ is standing half way baiting my ghouls into a turret fire or away from the minion wave... these ghouls are quite useless near enemy turrets; or for killing minions... unless you are completely alone in a lane and that cant be the intended mechanic...

They should target the nearest minion or champion, and allow Summoners to select targets with ALT+Right Click... like every other mirror image or pet currently in the game. Why are Yoricks pets so dumb, and please don't tell us they are mindless ghouls; undead versions of failed LoL players...which is my fate, because while funny, this 975 RP champ is a completely over priced disappointment... especially after the hype and wait from Dreamhack. .

Also, his Ult is extremely lack luster. In the field of Justice there are many champs that can rain lasers from space, shoot giant arrows across the map, and even resurrect friendly players, but what serious utility does Yoricks ult have? The mirrors of ally Champions, seem to die faster and therefore less dmg than Mordekaisers, which are more hardy and are preceeded by a nasty DOT. I could see Yoricks Ult being viable if the person was actually resurrected, as opposed to causing momentary terrets in friends:

Ally: "Yes, I'M ALIVE! THANK YOU SO MUCH"
Yorick: "NO, you'll die 10 seconds later GO FIGHT, why you running?!"
Ally is dead.
Ally: "BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEP; ...bleep."

I'd like to be constructive when possible, and in closing, the concept and namesake is flipping sweat-ass, but the AI and ghouls that you cant Alt-Click to control was a complete let down... Also the Ult brings nothing new to the table. If Yorick was supposed to be your attempt at a Pet Based Champion; then why is his ult Pet inferior to Mordekaisers? There's a number of possibilities you can implement, I just hope you figure out something.

Rumble and the other 4800 IP champs completely dominate this one; and, if I could get my money back I would... but, even greater would be... fix this guy, he's cool, but a ******ed choice at the moment to take into the field of justice.... In his current state.

Rant off, sorry. Please address! Plox

Noob Basher 99

07-09-2011

bump

Zerverus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

Bump

lightsaber97

07-09-2011

Very large bump

Djall

07-09-2011

From a how powerfull he is point of view he is realy powerfull.

When he was released he was already a good figther that coud with the rigth built and rigth positioning even destroy the strongest dps ( i fougth against xin with yorick in two games and i soloed him evry time even before buff) but now after the buff he is even more a monster in duels and in ganks and teamfigths.

That said its true that his minions arent that good when chasing someone and there ai sucked at beginning but when you got used to it you still coud harass good atleast earlyer and y that they die in secs from attacks is stupid and not beeing controllable is stupid. Now they are buffed, they cant get slowed and get reduced damage from aoe what helps realy much.

His ulti is godlike because many people forget for what it also can be used. I mean you not only can revive someone for some secs to still deal damage no! you also can use your ghost to have a second dps because at lvl 3 it deals 100 percent damage from your attacks ( saw it crit some time ago maybe bug or not) and after it deal damage and it migth even be not death but you will still get revive to attack more!! to use your ulti on the rigth champ from your team or on you can make a hughe difference andd can make a 5v5 a 6v5 rather easy.

In my opinion yorick is good but his ghosts or zombies migth still need a movement buff ( no colision with minions) and to be a bit more controlable woud also have been a nice adition but isnt neccesary when they nerf them because they can be controlled.

Raziel256

07-09-2011

Not alot of people have played Yorick or really people Que dodge him...So not alot of people will know what to do when Yorick pops his ult it will soon change when people learn more about him through more people using him.

His ghouls however I will agree need to be changed in order for Yorick to really be on par with other Champions. Remove their Health Decay, Update Their AI (Suggestion, ghouls attack whatever your attacking or ALT Click), Buff or alter his spells and damage. Then I think he will become a very pwerful champion.

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2011

my only way to get kills as yorick, is by ultiing a our fed gangplank and using him to slice through an enemy thats standing at tower.

heav3nshallburn

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Groove View Post
Dear Fellow Summoners and Riot Team Members,

Please forgive the rant; I am just a bit frustrated. =/

I was very excited to play Yorick yesterday! But, after only 3 games I decided I was not going to play him any longer until some changes are made. The AI of his ghouls is absolutely horrible; once cast, they immediately seek the nearest champion (even if they are relatively far away) and attack... often triggering a turret and dying only moments after being summoned. Though, not really true pets, in the permanent sense, as they die shortly after anyways, I find that most of the time are alive they spend chasing a champion far away from where I am in combat, often running into enemy turrets and wasting mana (I know they're cheap to cast; but still).

It's most frustrating though: When fighting a minion wave near my turret that is under pressure, I make a couple ghouls to lend a claw, and they go running off in a bee line towards the enemy turret where an enemy champ is standing half way baiting my ghouls into a turret fire or away from the minion wave... these ghouls are quite useless near enemy turrets; or for killing minions... unless you are completely alone in a lane and that cant be the intended mechanic...

They should target the nearest minion or champion, and allow Summoners to select targets with ALT+Right Click... like every other mirror image or pet currently in the game. Why are Yoricks pets so dumb, and please don't tell us they are mindless ghouls; undead versions of failed LoL players...which is my fate, because while funny, this 975 RP champ is a completely over priced disappointment... especially after the hype and wait from Dreamhack. .

Also, his Ult is extremely lack luster. In the field of Justice there are many champs that can rain lasers from space, shoot giant arrows across the map, and even resurrect friendly players, but what serious utility does Yoricks ult have? The mirrors of ally Champions, seem to die faster and therefore less dmg than Mordekaisers, which are more hardy and are preceeded by a nasty DOT. I could see Yoricks Ult being viable if the person was actually resurrected, as opposed to causing momentary terrets in friends:

Ally: "Yes, I'M ALIVE! THANK YOU SO MUCH"
Yorick: "NO, you'll die 10 seconds later GO FIGHT, why you running?!"
Ally is dead.
Ally: "BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEP; ...bleep."

I'd like to be constructive when possible, and in closing, the concept and namesake is flipping sweat-ass, but the AI and ghouls that you cant Alt-Click to control was a complete let down... Also the Ult brings nothing new to the table. If Yorick was supposed to be your attempt at a Pet Based Champion; then why is his ult Pet inferior to Mordekaisers? There's a number of possibilities you can implement, I just hope you figure out something.

Rumble and the other 4800 IP champs completely dominate this one; and, if I could get my money back I would... but, even greater would be... fix this guy, he's cool, but a ******ed choice at the moment to take into the field of justice.... In his current state.

Rant off, sorry. Please address! Plox
If you think his ult is bad.. chances are you are an unranked individual and shouldn't be posting feedback on champions because you have 0 Idea what you're talking about

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

07-09-2011

I get kills with Yorick by using his E on a Champion the rest of my team has already nearly killed.

Cradum

07-09-2011

the AI is probably to get enemy champions for that slow ghoul to provide the slow. The same AI for that ghoul is probably implemented for the rest of them so. . .