Yorick: Changes+Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesll

06-23-2011

First off a lot of this has been said, if not all of it, but I think it should be put in one thread, which I have yet to see.
Feel free to post any suggestions as well. If we can amass a lot of suggestions we might get riots attention.

Ghouls: They need to either just last the full 5 seconds then die. This would help so very much. The health drain of them needs to be removed.
They need to be controllable. To many times I have had my ghouls chase a champion thats 20 yards away rather then attack the minions that are next to it.
Omen of Pestilence and Famine: They should be based off of a % of total AD not Bonus AD as in the process of building the awkward build you have a hard time getting that bonus AD
Change Ghouls damage to Physical damage rather then Magical.

The Revanent: Needs to have some kind of much more noticeable player effect. To many times have I ulted the AD carry, have them come back, then run from the fight. It's a waste of an ult.
Disclaimer: His Ultimate is not like Zileans at all. Its much like the love child of Shaco's and Mord's

Passive: Is absolutely useless early and sometimes mid game due to being to squishy to get in melee range.

Suggestion:
Rally: Increases health, damage, attack speed, move speed, or lifespan when Ghouls are within x yards of each other.
Ghoulish Fusion: Ghouls merge with one another when within x yards. Fuses effects, health and damage into one Shade
Ghoulish Regeneration: Yorick's attacks heal his Ghouls for X/X/X, or X% of damage done.

-Switch AD with AP-
Now from what I've seen Yorick seems much more like he should be an AP Melee Caster much like Kassadin. Switching the AD for AP would allow for a much more streamlined build. The fact that Yorick demands items that belong to tanks, Attack damage champions, and casters makes building Yorick not only incredibly difficult but absurdly costly.

Now with all QQing aside, I am immensly happy with the fact that Riot made a Necromancer. It was also very nice to see them trying to add Necromancy and Physical Attack. Thank you Riot of a very interesting and unique take on this Champion.

MrFoxx

06-23-2011

Yorick really should be 100% ap, What the hell is the deal with him needing physical items but doing all magic damage.

The only build that worked for me with yorick is,

Manamune - He cant play early game or late game without tears of the goddess.
Warmog - He needs the life as he is forced to spam q for his most efficient dps.
glacial shroud - because i have manamune and i need to hit 40% cdr reduction
force fo nature - might as well commit to the tank at this point
frozen mallet - need to keep the enemy in range
Boots of swiftnes or merc treads pending on the casters on the other team

Now i fund yorick to be extremely strong late game, AFTER he has all his items. Which in my book makes him extreme late game, ive gone from being completely ignored to being unkillable god akin to mordekaiser after all my items are done. This guy needs some focus, he feels like he is all over the place.

Atreyu444

06-23-2011

Thanks for the plug!

I actually think his ult's not bad... late game using on your carry can just wreck a turret/inhib, or give you a big swing in a team fight.

Using on yourself when someone tries to 1v1 you also helps a lot, and its cooldown is pretty low.

Vesll

06-23-2011

Added that to the Ghoul Section. Change it to AP dmg rather then Magic.

Prophetian

06-23-2011

Yeah I'm going to listen to a guy who writes a guide with Tier 1 runes.

Vesll

06-23-2011

@Atreyu444 you're very welcome, Thank you for an amazing guide.
His ult is very nice but I hate reviving people who then flee from battle cause they dont know there dead. Its kinda like the sixth sense all over again.

Atreyu444

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexa sucks View Post
Strawman is a classic argumentative fallacy.

EDIT:

Just checked your match history. Having trouble with Yorick, bro?

You should really check out my guide, OP posted the link.

Best of luck!

Vesll

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexa sucks View Post
Please don't insult other peoples work until you have tried them. Skill makes good players, not runes.

somada

06-23-2011

I have no idea why Yorick ulti is weaker version of zileans

Vesll

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
Yorick really should be 100% ap, What the hell is the deal with him needing physical items but doing all magic damage.

The only build that worked for me with yorick is,

Manamune - He cant play early game or late game without tears of the goddess.
Warmog - He needs the life as he is forced to spam q for his most efficient dps.
glacial shroud - because i have manamune and i need to hit 40% cdr reduction
force fo nature - might as well commit to the tank at this point
frozen mallet - need to keep the enemy in range
Boots of swiftnes or merc treads pending on the casters on the other team

Now i fund yorick to be extremely strong late game, AFTER he has all his items. Which in my book makes him extreme late game, ive gone from being completely ignored to being unkillable god akin to mordekaiser after all my items are done. This guy needs some focus, he feels like he is all over the place.
Tank yorick has been intriguing me but I haven't put it to use. Most games now a days end with surrenders, from either team, and this severely limits the potential of Yorick. Im normally luck to finish a second item after boots with his limited last hit and killing capability. Those he does excel in the jungle around mid-late game