Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An issue with Disconnections

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zocon

06-23-2011

Not sure where to put this so here it is.

Disconnections.
Most everyone gets a disconnection at some point during a game, and some get more than others myself included depending on their ISP. My suggestion is to put in a refresh button or an auto refresh which will fix a few things when reconnecting. One thing that happens when internet connectivity is lost and we are able to connect with the reconnect button is that minions and sometimes champions will be frozen in an instance on your screen of where they were when you disconnected.

This really messes with a few things, such as lowering FPS, making your champion think there is a minion in the way when there really isn't, and makes it hard for the player to determine what target is real and what isn't there. Disconnecting, or reconnecting should basically clear the screen of all mobile units and retrieve the new positions once back in the game. Doing that will fix the issue of having to exit from the game and reload it just to get everything cleared off. Or implementing a button in the options menu to clear and refresh all units would help immensely.

This is of course open to alternative ideas, and suggestions. Thanks for your time.

Villiroth

06-23-2011

This is a big issue, I dont know what causes it and it doesnt happen every time but it can definitely ruin the game for awhile. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. One of the oddest bugs I've seen.

Zocon

06-23-2011

Here is an image of what I'm describing if it helps make sense of it all.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l368/Zocons/GhostMinions.jpg

As you can see the cluster of minions in the lower left are just "ghosts" with no HP bars, and stuck on my screen after a disconnect, they are highlightable and clickable which if clicking on your champion does nothing.

I think just adding a clear-refresh would remedy this entire issue.

Jrkenny5

10-27-2011

i HATE this and agree that Riot should work on fixing this ASAP. I play on a laptop and often disconnect, so i often have this problem. almost without fail, the rest of the game will go sour for me because of numerous misclicks on idle minions and unnecessary unit collision. please fix asap riot