Jax - RIOT, I'm fed up with you

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tanguero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2011

... Learn to play the champ. Jax is really Strong champion, if u want some op get some autoatack like Master yi.
Riot just wants better player, no easy champions

Keiyaksha

06-25-2011

I'm sorry all I don't feel that same as you since Jax can get a permanent HP boost from the effects of a Guinsoo's Rageblade. Wether its a bug that noone is willing to admit to or talk about it needs to be checked into I watched a Jax go from 1.5k HP to 3k HP permanent with the Guinsoo's Rageblade effect he had no HP items what-so-ever. I honestly feel that effect needs to be set where is isn't permanent for Jax.

Totaltrash

06-25-2011

I have about 1000 games with Jax (on various accounts) - if you get stomped by a Jax it is because:

1) You or your team fed him.
2) You or your team didn't buy a Sword of the Divine early enough.
3) You were matched against an expert player and didn't know what to do.
True experts can even make Kayle look great, and we all can agree that Kayle is likely the weakest Champion right now.

But most certainly you didn't get stomped because Jax was OP. The nerf was uncalled for, period!

Riot has caved in to whining bad players, just like they did with Eve, and Karthus' ultimate in the previous patch.

Zarthorn

06-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
I have about 1000 games with Jax (on various accounts) - if you get stomped by a Jax it is because:

1) You or your team fed him.
2) You or your team didn't buy a Sword of the Divine early enough.
3) You were matched against an expert player and didn't know what to do.
True experts can even make Kayle look great, and we all can agree that Kayle is likely the weakest Champion right now.

But most certainly you didn't get stomped because Jax was OP. The nerf was uncalled for, period!

Riot has caved in to whining bad players, just like they did with Eve, and Karthus' ultimate in the previous patch.
They did the nerf because Jax was a lot of front loaded damage on his leapstrike.

It wasnt uncommon to have a Jax with a single rageblade and boots to empowered leapstrike you for nearly half your hp in early game, thats why they went for the scaling.

Personally I hope now they have done the nerf they give Jax something in compensation, hopefully the rework he is so duely crying out for.

Totaltrash

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
They did the nerf because Jax was a lot of front loaded damage on his leapstrike.

It wasnt uncommon to have a Jax with a single rageblade and boots to empowered leapstrike you for nearly half your hp in early game, thats why they went for the scaling.
Annie and Brand can do the same, if not more, at low levels - and they are actually used competitively, whereas Jax is not (see Championship etc.)

I stick to my opinion - Jax was nerfed because of QQers, not because he needed to.

But thumbs-up on the reworks idea!
As long as it doesn't mean losing dodge, because that's what makes Jax unique.

Ventus72

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

I too hate this, and have noticed it.

Xeres Fhenn

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizin View Post
feel like you don't care what players say.
While I'm not a Jax player I have to say it does seem like Riot does ignore the community when they're demanding a change.
And if you think a 3 posts and a few messages are bad? You should go check out the Panth post I'm a part of. It's been going on for almost 3 months with nearly 1000 replies.

Meltoria

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggshott View Post
I think they've already stated that they're going to revert the ward changes.

As for the AD scaling drop, Jax was being built as a pure AD champ successfully in many cases. Apparently Riot has no intent for Jax to be an AD champion early to abuse the scaling and would rather you build in such a manner as to best take advantage of his passive for the entire course of the game.
From my experience jax isn't an AD champ. He's defiantly more of a hybrid of AP champ as all of his abilities scale with AP and other champs do the whole Ad thing better.

Still, while I didn't really see the need for this nerf it's not like jax is too weak. Yeah I agree that he's not OP or anything but he still can do his job to a reasonable extent. Although I have to admit I'm kinda biased last round I went lifesteal/spellsteal build, endgame I got a triple kill on their low health kog and their 2 half health main tanks (Who were pretty tough) under the fire of BOTH nexus towers (And it was a qudra as I killed annie before that) and survived by lifestealing the creeps until the towers died .

Anyway, unnecessary information aside I would appreciate buff's on Jax but he's hardly useless.

Edit: Also people should stop talking about Jax in 3v3, the game isn't made for TT so anything unbalanced there doesn't have any impact on the main stage of the game. (Also I fail so hard on TT as Jax but can carry teams in SR so I don't see how hes OP there anyway)

Meltoria

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
..what? Solo lane was Jax' worst. He COULD mid against certain champs and his duo lane was decent. But solo lane, Jax gets zoned and stomped.

I can solo lane a lot of characters. Jax is not one of them.
Really? I mean I'll cave and admit jax is probably weaker than some other champions (Although sometimes I can't see why) but you can solo lane rather well with Jax. Since he can kill in 1v1 it can sometimes lead to great results and since most solo chars are ranged carries who are squishy and provide dodges (easiest targets to kill) it can be rather easy at times.

Although if you mean solo 2v1, well I've done it before and kicked ass but yeah, 2v1 is probably not the best idea.

Môônskïn

06-26-2011

beautifull post, the sad thing is, I think this can be valuable to so many champions. When greed and simple minds drive the game... balance will never be found.

-Moonskin