Is getting Boots of Mobility ever a good idea?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

If there is not an urgent need for Mercury's Treads or Sorcerer's shoes, is it?

I mostly play TF, and I have never seen them on a recommended list but they seem to work well for getting away from a gank if you see it coming and for chasing.

Does anyone use these?

xahhfink6

04-07-2010

What it is most ueeful for is travelling between lanes and the jungle, it is most used on characters that like to gank a lot - Shaco, Eve, Tristana; and on characters that have abilities that synergyze with the speed buff - teemo, zilean, eve

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

What xahhfink6 said. Boots of Mobility are mainly for gank freaks. I can personally attest to having gotten Boots of Mobility 95% of the time on Twitch when he was free, since his farming is "meh" and if you're setting up to gank someone, you're definitely not going to be offensive so the extra speed is guuud. Also, stealthed characters make excellent scouters; Boots of Mobility is a plus yet again!

I've also gotten Boots of Mobility on Anivia because she is slooow, but that's usually only if I find the need to travel around a lot for w/e reason. It's something I choose later rather than in early game.

baalzy

04-07-2010

they work nicely on Katarina too (another hero who typically ganks).

GG Crono

04-07-2010

I usually get them on Zilean if there's not a pressing need for Treads. It's nice for getting between lanes more quickly, and occasionally for rushing up to bomb someone.

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

If you can avoid being hit, yeah.

I like to buy a set on Ezreal if no other boots seem appropriate.

Sentient 6

04-07-2010

I get them on shaco to get the most out of his decieve

Vocah

04-07-2010

They work pretty well on singed, since singed's poison is a toggle and that doesn't trigger the 'battle' effect on them...

Angry gorilla

04-09-2010

If you EVER think about Getting berserkers greaves.. get Mobility.

KirbyHero

04-09-2010

tabi and merc's are too sick for there to be comparison, really. Not worth it.