What abilities can crit?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shides

04-07-2010

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere already. After some talks with a local friend we could think of a few, but not many. I just wondered if there was a list, as guides never cover this, and I've been trolling here leaguecraft and solomid for a few weeks reading up on champions.

Incase you wondering why i was asking I have been playing poppy like crazy lately and just trying to figure out my play style. Don't want wana blow a **** ton of IP on runes that aren't good and the guide I was following for poppy listed crit chance runes as a valueable rune option. (http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...ufurujin+Poppy).

Now mind you I dont follow these things as hard rules but just guidelines as something to try. I think Armor Pen or attack speed runes would have more universal appeal but still. Thought I would ask people the oppinons as I'm only lvl 13, and what do do people think of poppy once you start to approach a higher ELO? I know shes not great but I still really enjoy her (and shaco / jax recently).

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

High ELO Poppy is nuke the carry and die. Kind of like low ELO poppy, except you're going to get the successive kills and getting fed and carrying a lot less, your role will tend to get limited to nailing an ashe then flashing through a wall or dying entirely.

I'm not sure if devastating blow is physical damage or magic damage. It draws on both your AP and attack damage, so it's hard to say. Contingent on that, I think you'll want the corresponding armor/magic resist penetration.

You probably won't go the crit route, since it is somewhat reliant on getting Infinity Edge to improve your crits all around, and Poppy has Sheen slowing down that very expensive item. (Sheen is a must, frontloaded damage is where it's at for Poppy.)

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

Devastating blow is supposedly magic damage.
~

Anyhow, pretty sure the only ability in-game capable of critting (that's an actual ability, mind you. Not a modifier like Power Fist), is Parrley.

Could be wrong on that, though.

FergoPwerUnit

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyHero View Post
High ELO Poppy is nuke the carry and die. Kind of like low ELO poppy, except you're going to get the successive kills and getting fed and carrying a lot less, your role will tend to get limited to nailing an ashe then flashing through a wall or dying entirely.

I'm not sure if devastating blow is physical damage or magic damage. It draws on both your AP and attack damage, so it's hard to say. Contingent on that, I think you'll want the corresponding armor/magic resist penetration.

You probably won't go the crit route, since it is somewhat reliant on getting Infinity Edge to improve your crits all around, and Poppy has Sheen slowing down that very expensive item. (Sheen is a must, frontloaded damage is where it's at for Poppy.)
Poppy's Q cannot crit. Her Q only does so much because I firmly believe the % damage of it is also affected by Sheen. So effectively it's doing 16%, + (Bonus damage + 70%), + (Atk Dmg + 70%).

Only Pirates Parrrley and Nasus' Siphoning Strike can crit, IIRC.

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

Before this thread gets any deeper.

Sheen/Trin/Lich bonus damage DOES NOT crit.
Sheen/Trin/Lich bonus damage is based on base attack, not from items.
^Champ with (100+50) attack will only get +80 damage boost from sheen and +130 from Trin.

@KirbyHero
It's mixed. Sheen poppy will basically hits his attack + sheen bonus + blow bonus. Of course attack + sheen will be deducted from armor, devastating blow will be deducted from m.resist.

Critting with poppy only increase damage from his normal attack. It's misconception for them to think devastating blow crits.

EDIT: I'm 100% sure siphon strike is magic damage.

Shides

04-07-2010

Q is based on AP to the best of my knowledge, and usually my item build was

Dorians Shield + Health pot
Lvl 1 Boots
Sheen
Lvl 2 boots
Phage
Zeal
Trinity

at this point it was always a tose up, and usually went to IE next (as I've been built crit heavy)

My problem is i'm usually so money starved from not having enough AS and laning/farming just sucked.

Although I think I was following the guide a little to close not leveling Devestating Blow till the end (at that point I have the items to really start to train wreck people in pub games)

Maybe i'll have to take a shift from leveling Paragon so quickly and move to a blend of both.

Naturally all the guides on poppy are very conflicting so yea lol. I just feel like poppy is missing the AS in the early game to really push.

CounterCraft

04-07-2010

Make frozen heart (at least one before which I forgot the name)
CDR + Mana to spam blow in short time will be better than getting crit proc from AA.

SlyGoat

04-07-2010

Parrrley is the only ability that can crit.

Haunting Guise
Sheen
Sorc Shoes
Aegis
Madred's Bloodrazor
Stark's
Trinity

You will never want another Poppy build.

CounterCraft

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Parrrley is the only ability that can crit.

Haunting Guise
Sheen
Sorc Shoes
Aegis
Madred's Bloodrazor
Stark's
Trinity

You will never want another Poppy build.
Ninja or Merc
Sheen
if (snowballing == true) Levithan
Brutalizer
Frozen Heart
Zeal -> Trin

Shides

04-07-2010

If you dont mind me asking, what is your priority order on your build list? i'm willing to try anything, hell i'm like 11-6 with poppy and have yet to even build her as a tank yet.

Quick side note, i've never seen anyone suggest Sorc boots on poppy lol.